Trying to add an outlook account and it continues to return an error. Can login with the outlook app but in the OS? Anyone else have this issue is there a way around this?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 07:17 PM
    What is the error?

My guess is it would be an issue with 2-Factor Authentication... you'll need to either disable that or setup an app password in the outlook settings.
    09-19-19 07:21 AM
    I have a feeling your right I didn't know you could setup an app password! I'll have to check that out tonight. Good thing to have security for but a bugger at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 03:18 PM
    No, works fine on my devices. Whatever Outlook's default settings for security are, I left it at that.
    Sync's with mail, calendar and to-do just fine. It's better than GMail

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 05:22 PM
    Trying to add an outlook account and it continues to return an error. Can login with the outlook app but in the OS? Anyone else have this issue is there a way around this?

Posted via CB10
    Here’s one that could use help @TrumpetTiger
    09-19-19 05:24 PM
    I have a feeling your right I didn't know you could setup an app password! I'll have to check that out tonight. Good thing to have security for but a bugger at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the shout out @Chuck Finley69! Kubalnn, what kind of Outlook account is this? Is it Outlook.com or Office 365? Also, as DDD mentioned, what is the error you get when you try to set this account up in the Hub?
    09-19-19 05:25 PM
    It's live.ca email so just a basic outlook account! I do have 2 way attention on and when I enter the username and pw it does not look for the attention code so I'm assuming that might be the issue. The error that comes up says username and PW might be wrong or the account settings need to be updated. I did confirm by looking at the PW that it was correct so I'm assuming n account system is off somewhere? I downloaded the outlook app in BB app store and that works fine for sing in but it's a pretty bad app so I'd love to get it working within the hub! Thanks for checking out the thread!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 05:47 PM
    It's live.ca email so just a basic outlook account! I do have 2 way attention on and when I enter the username and pw it does not look for the attention code so I'm assuming that might be the issue. The error that comes up says username and PW might be wrong or the account settings need to be updated. I did confirm by looking at the PW that it was correct so I'm assuming n account system is off somewhere? I downloaded the outlook app in BB app store and that works fine for sing in but it's a pretty bad app so I'd love to get it working within the hub! Thanks for checking out the thread!

Posted via CB10
    No problem kubalnn; happy to help! I think you're likely right and typing in the app password as DDD suggests will resolve your problem.

By the way, as a side note, the "Outlook" app in Blackberry World is made by a known thief and fraudster named Nemory Studios, who is also known to intercept and steal user data. I would sign out of it, delete it immediately, and not worry about it again. It's also essentially just the Android version of the app, so if you'd really like it I'd be happy to provide a link to the legitimate made-by-Microsoft free Android version. It is much safer than using anything made by Nemory.
    09-19-19 06:01 PM
    Sick thanks a bunch for the heads up on the outlook app!

With respect to entering the password into the app, what exactly do you mean? Lol I don't be to sound like an idiot but other than entering the PW into the settings under account which I have tried where do go with this lol.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 06:43 PM
    Sick thanks a bunch for the heads up on the outlook app!

With respect to entering the password into the app, what exactly do you mean? Lol I don't be to sound like an idiot but other than entering the PW into the settings under account which I have tried where do go with this lol.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    No worries kubalnn! Here's what I mean: like DDD suggested above, you'll want to create an app password to allow the use of 2FA while still connecting your account to the Hub on your BB10 device.

Here's a link that outlines how to do this for Microsoft accounts:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-verification

When you've created the app password, you'll enter that in the password field on your BB10 device rather than your actual account password. (Everything else is the same.) Assuming all goes well that should take care of it...but let me know if it doesn't!
    Bla1ze and app_Developer like this.
    09-19-19 06:53 PM
    Top notch! Well fellas that has fixed my issue and I learned something new as well! I have to say I am pretty dam stoked with this thing!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 07:12 PM
    My work just gave me a Q10 and Z10 that they had laying around because everyone knows I love BlackBerry.

I can't log into my Outlook 365 though with the Hub (looks like the authentication is the issue)and I was wondering if anyone had the Outlook app or knew where I could get it to load on my "new" phones - so I can use them for work?
    01-25-20 06:55 AM
    In my case, I did not encounter any problems with my Outlook account. Actually, the original account was Hotmail, but that has changed to Outlook, yes? And I have the basic one. So, I just added it from the settings and all was fine.
    01-25-20 01:47 PM
    My work just gave me a Q10 and Z10 that they had laying around because everyone knows I love BlackBerry.

I can't log into my Outlook 365 though with the Hub (looks like the authentication is the issue)and I was wondering if anyone had the Outlook app or knew where I could get it to load on my "new" phones - so I can use them for work?
    It’s because your account still is set to Floriduh instead of HeeHaw country
    01-25-20 04:06 PM

Check this thread a while back. There were a few options. I recommend using the Exchange Active Sync. I detailed out my setup which I have successfully used it with O365 and personal outlook.com accounts.

BTW, Microsoft migrated all the outlook and hotmail accounts a while back to what I recall is the same platform as MS Exchange, but without the full features unless you pay.

There is no reason to use the Outlook app (in fact it may be a step back) as the MS Outlook/O365 accounts integrates with the native BlackBerry Hub, calendar and contacts apps. I believe it integrates with Remember, but I don't use that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1171407

Good luck

Anders

Posted via CB10
    01-25-20 10:16 PM
    Check this thread a while back. There were a few options. I recommend using the Exchange Active Sync. I detailed out my setup which I have successfully used it with O365 and personal outlook.com accounts.

BTW, Microsoft migrated all the outlook and hotmail accounts a while back to what I recall is the same platform as MS Exchange, but without the full features unless you pay.

There is no reason to use the Outlook app (in fact it may be a step back) as the MS Outlook/O365 accounts integrates with the native BlackBerry Hub, calendar and contacts apps. I believe it integrates with Remember, but I don't use that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1171407

Good luck

Anders

Posted via CB10
    I figured it out.

The server address I used was incorrect. I tried copying over the addy from my iPhone settings and I needed to use the office365 server.

Thanks for the help!
    01-26-20 09:09 AM