Hello all

Just wondering if anyone can share working APK link for Microsoft Outlook app. I've tried couple versions from 2.1 and 2.2 and no luck.

The reason is as my work migrated to office365 and adding account not longer works in the hub due.

Thanks
    A.
    11-07-18 02:41 AM
    Take your pick - https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=outlook No idea which works though, you'll have to test them.
    11-07-18 01:07 PM
    Hello all

Just wondering if anyone can share working APK link for Microsoft Outlook app. I've tried couple versions from 2.1 and 2.2 and no luck.

The reason is as my work migrated to office365 and adding account not longer works in the hub due.

Thanks
    A.
    Hey Aladar,

I use Office 365 at my place of business (I manage Office 365 for them, in fact) and I am using it in the Hub natively using ActiveSync with no problem. What trouble are you having?
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-09-18 04:00 PM
    Hey Aladar,

I use Office 365 at my place of business (I manage Office 365 for them, in fact) and I am using it in the Hub natively using ActiveSync with no problem. What trouble are you having?
    Hey TrumpetTiger

Thanks for asking. Good to know that the hub works for someone out there.

I've tried to use the Hub add account using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync option. I'm getting error 'your login information has changed or is incorrect' despite I know using correct credentials.

As server address I'm using 'outlook.office365.com' with default settings. Can you check what do you have configured?

Also IT guys said that the error is due MFA mutlifactor authentication (need sms code after password) and this will work only via Microsoft Outlook app. So I'm afraid I have no other option.

Cheers
    Aladar
    11-10-18 04:40 PM
    if you have the multifactor authentication ,you can login to your microsoft account settings and create an 'app password' and then use that password on hub to login to your email account.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-18 04:46 PM
    Hey TrumpetTiger

I've tried to use the Hub add account using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync option. I'm getting error 'your login information has changed or is incorrect' despite I know using correct credentials.

As server address I'm using 'outlook.office365.com' with default settings. Can you check what do you have configured?

Also IT guys said that the error is due MFA mutlifactor authentication (need sms code after password) and this will work only via Microsoft Outlook app. So I'm afraid I have no other option.

Cheers
    Aladar
    Outlook.office365.com on port 443 is indeed the correct option Aladar. It's possible MFA is indeed screwing things up. I'll check on that using my own O365 implementation and get back to you. I find it difficult to believe that your IT department is consigning everyone (including iOS and Android users) to using Microsoft's mobile Outlook app for mobile access; let's just say it leaves a lot to be desired when compared to native experiences.
    11-10-18 04:46 PM
    if you have the multifactor authentication ,you can login to your microsoft account settings and create an 'app password' and then use that password on hub to login to your email account.

Posted via CB10
    Hey TrumpetTiger

Cheers
    Aladar
    Props to deliya for beating me to the punch! Here's a step-by-step on this Alidar:

1. Log on to the Office 365 portal at https://portal.office.com . You'd use your normal work e-mail address and work e-mail password for this.

2. In the top right corner, select the gear/settings icon and select Office 365 under Your app settings.

3. In the left menu, select Security & Privacy > Additional security verification > Create and manage app passwords.

4. Tap Create.

5. Enter a name for the password, then tap Next.

6. Copy the password to a safe place.

7. When prompted for credentials during account setup in the Hub, enter your email address and the app password instead of your main work e-mail password.
    11-10-18 04:53 PM
    Thanks for great info!

I followed your instructions but unfortunately looks like my office365 account is not allowed to create app password I don't have that option visible. Just compared screenshots from support.office.com and I don't have 'App Password' option visible, it must be disabled for my account.

I'll follow this up at work if this can be enabled.

Thanks so much there is hope. I prefer 1000x times more to use email natively via hub than some android app.

Btw none of APK worked. The last version which is able to install on BB10 is 2.2.143 Android 4.1 but will not connect to your account as not supported.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated your help.
    11-10-18 06:03 PM
    Thanks for great info!

I followed your instructions but unfortunately looks like my office365 account is not allowed to create app password I don't have that option visible. Just compared screenshots from support.office.com and I don't have 'App Password' option visible, it must be disabled for my account.

I'll follow this up at work if this can be enabled.

Thanks so much there is hope. I prefer 1000x times more to use email natively via hub than some android app.

Btw none of APK worked. The last version which is able to install on BB10 is 2.2.143 Android 4.1 but will not connect to your account as not supported.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated your help.
    Hey Aladar,

Do you have "Additional Security Verification" visible under Security & Privacy in the O365 app settings above? I'm working through some options to see if we can bypass your having to request concessions from your IT department....I've found that for some reason I am uncommon in that I try to actually help my users rather than find reasons they can't do what they want to do, so I'd like to find a way for you to avoid what I suspect may be an unproductive conversation with your IT guys.
    11-10-18 06:24 PM
    Thanks, attached what I see

Outlook apk link for BB10-capture.png

according support link https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-b53953ee1183

I should see heading extra 'App passwords'
    11-10-18 06:33 PM
    not sure if this helps. Here is menu I have available :

Once I click either 'Update your phone numbers used for account security' or 'create and manage app passwords' it redirects me to the screen posted in my previous post.Outlook apk link for BB10-capture2.png

Outlook apk link for BB10-capture3.png
    11-10-18 06:42 PM
    Thanks, attached what I see

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	376 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	441253

according support link https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-b53953ee1183

I should see heading extra 'App passwords'
    Ah. You actually need to set up the authentication phone by entering your cell phone number of choice there. Once that's done, Microsoft will verify that you can get texts there by sending you a code. Punch that in and you should be able to generate app passwords. (Microsoft needs to make sure you're you before allowing you to do it, so this extra step is needed first.)
    11-10-18 07:20 PM
    Ah. You actually need to set up the authentication phone by entering your cell phone number of choice there. Once that's done, Microsoft will verify that you can get texts there by sending you a code. Punch that in and you should be able to generate app passwords. (Microsoft needs to make sure you're you before allowing you to do it, so this extra step is needed first.)
    Yeah. Sorry it's not obvious from the photo but authentication by phone has been already setup (masked number with black pixels) and sms verification is working each time I use browser on non work network.

I'm hoping that someone in IT can enable the app password option for me.
    11-11-18 02:52 PM
    Yeah. Sorry it's not obvious from the photo but authentication by phone has been already setup (masked number with black pixels) and sms verification is working each time I use browser on non work network.

I'm hoping that someone in IT can enable the app password option for me.
    Ahhhh! I follow you. O365 is actually set up by default to allow you to generate app passwords for MFA, so your IT department would have had to actively turn this off to block it. If they seem sympathetic but believe they "can't" do it for some reason I'd be happy to speak with them--again, I manage Office 365 environments and am an IT consultant of several years' standing, so I'd be happy to talk tech if needed. Feel free to PM me if you'd like--just click my username, then PM in the options next to Posts.
    11-11-18 08:03 PM
    Ahhhh! I follow you. O365 is actually set up by default to allow you to generate app passwords for MFA, so your IT department would have had to actively turn this off to block it. If they seem sympathetic but believe they "can't" do it for some reason I'd be happy to speak with them--again, I manage Office 365 environments and am an IT consultant of several years' standing, so I'd be happy to talk tech if needed. Feel free to PM me if you'd like--just click my username, then PM in the options next to Posts.
    Thanks TrumpetTiger. I've raised a change request and I will let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed. I used to comments from IT department like 'Get a real mobile phone ' etc. As they are IPhone 10 users.
    11-13-18 12:29 AM
    Sometimes I believe IT guys randomly change protocols just for fun to make us call in. Then they will tell us we're doing something wrong. After that they change protocols again so it works. For awhile.

I had trouble setting up my Q10 in Microsoft Exc. At first I was using the wrong ports, then I learned that we were restricted to a certain number of connected devices (check that logged in from a desktop). Then I wrote here with a question and the response was I must have typed something wrong. So I tried one last time and it worked. I honestly don't know what I did differently.

Keep trying. Maybe one time it will work. I did get Typeapp to work until I got Exch to work in the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 01:46 AM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger. I've raised a change request and I will let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed. I used to comments from IT department like 'Get a real mobile phone ' etc. As they are IPhone 10 users.
    even when you have a 'normal' android phone, the stock mail app won't allow you to connect to outlook mail server using your normal password,if you have double authentication on. it's just how it supposed to work. as far as I know even the desktop version of outlook does need an app password.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 09:24 PM
    Just confirming for others. Yes the app password feature was enabled on my work account and it works great since then.
    mh1983 likes this.
    01-21-19 04:02 PM
    Just confirming for others. Yes the app password feature was enabled on my work account and it works great since then.
    Glad to hear it Aladar! Another win for BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-19 11:20 PM