Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I would like to know if the OTA / FOTA updates that are made from the BB10 menu depend on the inserted SIM card or the operating system installed.
    If my carrier does not have an update but I enter a SIM card from another operator such as Rogers, Telus or Wild the phone is updated to the latest version?
    It strikes me that if I remove the SIM card the phone is not updated to the latest version by Wi-Fi.
    Is it then the carrier's operating system that keeps what updates it must have?
    Are there free BB10s that update directly from the menu to the latest version, carrier regardless?
    I am writing a tutorial for the Spanish-speaking community on how to update the BB10 and I do not want to write it wrong. For this I would like to know.
    Thank you
    07-13-19 06:41 AM
    A particular carrier only supports a specific model variant (ex: Z10STL100-2).

The variant and SIM card need to match if one is to receive an available update OTA.

Your article should only make two suggestions: the newest autoloader for a clean install (much preferred), or the newest blitz file to upgrade without a wipe.
    Last edited by conite; 07-15-19 at 06:59 PM.
    07-13-19 07:37 AM
    I would like to know if the OTA / FOTA updates that are made from the BB10 menu depend on the inserted SIM card or the operating system installed.
    If my carrier does not have an update but I enter a SIM card from another operator such as Rogers, Telus or Wild the phone is updated to the latest version?
    It strikes me that if I remove the SIM card the phone is not updated to the latest version by Wi-Fi.
    Is it then the carrier's operating system that keeps what updates it must have?
    Are there free BB10s that update directly from the menu to the latest version, carrier regardless?
    I am writing a tutorial for the Spanish-speaking community on how to update the BB10 and I do not want to write it wrong. For this I would like to know.
    Thank you
    Hey Cixert,

I'd suggest your tutorial include using Sachesi to download the latest carrier-specific update for a particular BB10 device model, if you are concerned about that element.

However, using an autoloader will have the same effect since once the autoloader is installed the device will "check in" with the carrier and update any necessary apps, settings, etc. to the carrier-preferred versions.

Does that make sense?
    07-15-19 06:46 PM