I've been trying to get OSMand running well on my Passport for the past 3 days. I've reached a point where I've chosen the Android APK version (BB Market is way too old, though it somehow works). I've settled for OSMand 2.6.5 which seems to run 99% fine on BBOS 10.

However, I've now hit a major road block. I cannot find where the damned app data is located. I've searched everywhere on the internal storage and cannot find where the maps, traces and all are stored.
    It seems I can see app data for the other Android apps I've installed but nothing for OSMand.

Would anyone here know where to look? It's like is stored in some hidden part of the internal storage.

Also, a side question: would anyone know of a CAMSAM version which works fine on BB10.3.3? (apart from the BB Market one, which is also very old).

Thanks in advance for your help.
    01-06-18 03:16 PM
    Other post mentioning the same issue/question: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-a.../#post12986673

If anybody knows how to find these files or move them somewhere else (sd card or other internal storage folder). I've tried with the dedicated option in OSMand but it wouldn't work. Don't know what the right path is...
    01-06-18 03:29 PM
    Have you looked at File Manager/Device/misc/android/OSMand?
    01-06-18 03:42 PM
    Yep. Nothing there. There was no Osmand folder anywhere in the storage (to /mnt/sdcard/misc/android/Android/data/osmand which I've created manually).

I've managed to change OSMand's storage folder to something in that location. However, I get an error when I let it try to copy its data. I've tried to delete some maps and download them again, but they doesn't appear in the new storage folder.
    01-06-18 05:17 PM
    Yep. Nothing there. There was no Osmand folder anywhere in the storage (to /mnt/sdcard/misc/android/Android/data/osmand which I've created manually).

I've managed to change OSMand's storage folder to something in that location. However, I get an error when I let it try to copy its data. I've tried to delete some maps and download them again, but they doesn't appear in the new storage folder.
    Hmnn--I used to have OSMand on my old Z10 but I got rid of it ages ago. The only other thing I could suggest is to attach your device to a PC, open up File Explorer in Windows and methodically open an inspect all folders in both the device and SD (if you have) drives of your phone. As a start concentrate on all folders android related. I am virtually certain that it is NOT hidden but may be deeply buried in some sub-folder.
    01-06-18 05:26 PM
    Thanks for your answer.

I've searched once more and I've managed to find it there: \misc\android\misc\android\Android\data\osmand The way it is written makes me think it created it on the fly after a reboot. I'm pretty sure I had scanned the whole storage looking for it.

In the end what I did is the following:
    - change the folder in the app to point to something I can get access to (\mnt\sdcard\misc\android\Android\data\osmand (did not work according to me...)
    - reboot my phone (may have triggered the folder creation)
    - try to update the app on the Playstore. Download started but I'm still running OSMand 2.6.5. So it did not get updated. Though it may have triggered the folder creation too.

Finally, I can upload GPX tracks and add it into OSMand.

Thanks for having taken the time to reply. Cheers!

---EDIT---
    "...managed to find it there: \misc\android\misc\android\Android\data\osmand"

--> Actually, the embedded copy/move feature seems to work now. I was able to get rid of "\misc\android" by changing the folder to "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/osmand". I got a message about OSMand copying my GPX trace to it. Not sure it works 100% (still no trace of the maps...) but that's already something.
    01-06-18 05:36 PM
    Thanks for your answer.

I've searched once more and I've managed to find it there: \misc\android\misc\android\Android\data\osmand The way it is written makes me think it created it on the fly after a reboot. I'm pretty sure I had scanned the whole storage looking for it.

In the end what I did is the following:
    - change the folder in the app to point to something I can get access to (\mnt\sdcard\misc\android\Android\data\osmand (did not work according to me...)
    - reboot my phone (may have triggered the folder creation)
    - try to update the app on the Playstore. Download started but I'm still running OSMand 2.6.5. So it did not get updated. Though it may have triggered the folder creation too.

Finally, I can upload GPX tracks and add it into OSMand.

Thanks for having taken the time to reply. Cheers!

---EDIT---
    "...managed to find it there: \misc\android\misc\android\Android\data\osmand"

--> Actually, the embedded copy/move feature seems to work now. I was able to get rid of "\misc\android" by changing the folder to "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/osmand". I got a message about OSMand copying my GPX trace to it. Not sure it works 100% (still no trace of the maps...) but that's already something.
    Good to hear you got it sorted out. You have also learned a bit about how deeply buried some of this data can get.
    01-06-18 05:46 PM
    OSMand works great in BlackBerry10 and maps can be in SD.
    MapsME works also fine even smoother but I can not make to work with maps in SD, so I suppose that OSMand is the best,

Posted via CB10
    01-07-18 12:34 PM
    I'm curious. What version of OSMand do you use and how did you do it? After some further tinkering, it seems I've messed up with the install and it's not working anymore.

I'm trying MapFactor Navigator now and though it is less sexy, it seems to work a treat!
    01-07-18 02:11 PM
    Last one from F-droid is working fine. The maps have to be moved using the app

Posted via CB10
    01-09-18 08:47 AM