Quick history, long time BB user over 10+ years, finally jumped to Classic and OS10.

On my 9900 i could quickly press m and get to my messages or "l" and get to calendar. Is there a way to do this on the OS10? Currently in order to get to calendar is have to hold down "L" for a second or two. Under shortcuts it shows the shortcut as Upper case L as opposed to OS7 and prior which was all lower case.

Is it possible to go back to lower case and quicker response like 9900?

thanks
    02-21-15 09:29 PM
    I just checked my 9700 (OS6) and Passport (OS10.3.1). Both are assigned to upper cases only.

From home screen, quick press goes to search function and long press activated the assigned action on both the devices.

Unable to duplicate your case. Are you sure with that?
    03-07-15 12:34 AM
    I have the 9900 in my hand now and yes all the shortcut keys are lower case not Upper. Also in your 9700 which i also own it works the same way if you turn off dial on home screen only the lower case shortcuts is needed. On the passport and Classic you have to hold down the key for upper case shortcuts.
    03-07-15 02:16 AM
    It's not that you can't use the lower case keys, but rather, there's a delay with the OS10 shortcuts that require you to hold down the key for about two seconds (which is one second too long, I feel). This is so it won't conflict with the search assist which cannot be disabled like you could with universal search on OS6+. I do wish there was a way to configure the hold time required. For now, it's almost faster to just swipe to the app screen and open it from there, which obviously defeats the purpose of having the keyboard shortcuts in the first place...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:53 AM
    The reason that the delay exists where you have to hold the key down is because simply tapping the key brings up BlackBerry Assistant (universal search).

Ultimately, you can literally assign pretty much any app or any function to a keypress. For example, if I hold M it opens my music app, or if I hold T I can compose a text message. It's pretty awesome.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    03-18-15 05:51 AM