All I care about is Blend for Z30 and Leafs Winning this season.
    I think you have a better shot at Blend
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    10-16-14 09:38 AM
    I have a Z10-1 and a Q10. I recently got a new computer running the dreaded 8.1 which meant I could do nothing with link or my phones on the computer...
    Hi Mr.Dyson,

Well that really sucks.

But you know what, I have W8.1 on my Asus laptop and BlackBerry Link works fine and it connects perfectly well with my Z10. When I upgraded to 8.1, the laptop wouldn't recognize my phone. Then I installed BlackBerry Link, connected my Z10, and then the laptop downloaded & installed the updated drivers. Now it's all working very smoothly.

If you're not happy with W10, maybe consider rolling back to the dreaded 8.1 and try my suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:57 AM
    Wrong.
    Thurask didn't post nondestructive os autoloaders
    So no, there isn't *every* possible type of autoloader there.
    And whether you use Thurask's post or create the autoloader yourself, it makes no difference.
    Well, one major difference is the spreadsheet doesn't load properly/takes a long time to load on bb10 devices.

So thanks for your pennies, but obviously I knew about thurask' post.
    It just takes far less time and effort to download the radio and create the autoloader yourself vs bookmarking and returning to thurask' post everytime you need something.

If you are already using sachesi to do your os upgrade, why would you open the browser? Don't talk to me like I'm some newb
    Non destructive autoloaders are of limited use, since it does exactly the same thing as just loading the OS bar with Sachesi. Perhaps in the rare case of a brick after loading an OS, but destructive autoloaders/bar folders are more useful in the general case.

And I'm pretty sure a ready-made link to an autoloader is faster than making one.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, moody and tdyhedge like this.
    10-16-14 03:56 PM
    6.2 I guess
    Someone else on this thread said 6.2.2, does someone have the APK handy for download? Mine crashes after cropping the photo to post. I've tried updating to as high as version 6.6 and it still crashes.

Edit: I'm referring to Instagram.

Edit: I found and installed Instagram 6.2.2 and it still crashes after cropping the photo. Does anyone have it working perfectly?
    Last edited by id3sire; 10-16-14 at 07:51 PM.
    10-16-14 04:37 PM
    Although no one ever answered my earlier questions (probably because I sounded like a big baby), but I decided to go ahead and use Sachesi 1.9.4 to do a non-destructive upgrade to my Verizon Z30. All I did was this:
    1. I installed Sachesi 1.9.4 and opened it. It defaulted to the "Search" tab along the top.
    2. I connected my Z30 with USB cable. Sachesi recognized it and indicated my current OS version and model number at the bottom.
    3. As installed, the default Country Code was "302", Carrier was "Rogers", Search for Device was "Passport" and Mode was "Upgrade".
    4. I clicked the "Search" button and it presented me with 203 files.
    5. I clicked "Download" and very nice graphics showed the download of each file. This took about ten minutes or less for all 203.
    6. I then went to the "Install" tab along the top and clicked on the "Install Folder" button. It instantly found the folder where the 203 files were copied to. I clicked the "Select Folder" button and instantly the files began loading to my Z30. This took over an hour to complete. At file #150 or so there were some times when it seemed like the process locked up as the progress halted to a crawl. I decided to be patient and indeed the progress sped up again.
    7. Once they all installed, my Z30 automatically rebooted (which also took a long time) and I had OS 10.3.0.1418 installed.

This was about 24 hours ago. I have tested everything I could think of - here are the results

1. Phone calls have been working fine. Volume of speaker phone seems a lot louder (yay). This probably ties in with #5 below.
    2. BlackBerry apps (including browser, BBM, BB Travel, Facebook, etc.) all work fine (if not better than before).
    3. Calendar app had a problem - all my appointments were set for the wrong times. This was fixed by going into Settings|Date and Time and changing the Time Zone from what it was (Pacific) to something else, backing out, going back in and changing back to Pacific. All the entries were fixed instantly.
    4. All Android apps initially took a long time to launch. In fact, they wouldn't launch at all during the first half hour after the upgrade. I thought it was a problem, but after a few hours that stopped and now they open up and work just fine. I'm guessing it was a new OS indexing thing.
    5. YouMail Visual Voice Mail (an Android app) in previous OS's had a problem where I could hardly hear the voicemails via speaker or the earpiece speaker. That was fixed and the speaker is now loud enough.
    6. Battery life has improved quite a bit. Over the past few months my Z30 has slowly been losing the "runs all day without even thinking about recharging it" when I first bought it in February. With this OS it is back to that and even better. I'm betting this will help Z10 users considerably.
    6. I have found only one problem so far. When I leave my house and come back, normally my phone automatically reconnects to my wi fi network without thinking about it. Now it does not do that - it stays on 4G and uses my data plan. Not cool. It's only been a couple of days, still trying to find out if this is a bug or what.

Bottom Line: I don't know about you, but I don't understand the need to be using these "Debrick" and "Core" files and splitting them (whatever that means). Am I just lucky or am I missing something?

I also plugged in my old Verizon Z10 and did the search and it also found the same 203 files, but this time it found two different files than the Z30 download. I'm guessing that the Sachesi app senses which phone is attached and downloads the proper radio and other files needed to make the phone work? I do not know, but I'm glad I just went ahead and did it this way. It was a no brainer.
    Last edited by rickkel; 10-18-14 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added a few new findings after upgrade.
    soft-touch likes this.
    10-16-14 04:59 PM
    ok so DDPB and the chome plug in that would allow me to load snap does not want to work sigh
    any help guys?
    Settings, storage access, set access to storage to connect to windows

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:22 PM
    Although no one ever answered my earlier questions (probably because I sounded like a big baby), but I decided to go ahead and use Sachesi 1.9.4 to do a non-destructive upgrade to my Verizon Z30. All I did was this:
    1. I installed Sachesi 1.9.4 and opened it. It defaulted to the "Search" tab along the top.
    2. I connected my Z30 with USB cable. Sachesi recognized it and indicated my current OS version and model number at the bottom.
    3. As installed, the default Country Code was "302", Carrier was "Rogers", Search for Device was "Passport" and Mode was "Upgrade".
    4. I clicked the "Search" button and it presented me with 203 files.
    5. I clicked "Download" and very nice graphics showed the download of each file. This took about ten minutes or less for all 203.
    6. I then went to the "Install" tab along the top and clicked on the "Install Folder" button. It instantly found the folder where the 203 files were copied to. I clicked the "Select Folder" button and instantly the files began loading to my Z30. This took over an hour to complete. At file #150 or so there were some times when it seemed like the process locked up as the progress halted to a crawl. I decided to be patient and indeed the progress sped up again.
    7. Once they all installed, my Z30 automatically rebooted (which also took a long time) and I had OS 10.3.0.1418 installed.

This was about 24 hours ago. I have tested everything I could think of - here are the results

1. Phone calls were fine. Volume of speaker phone seems a lot louder (yay). This probably ties in with #5 below.
    2. BlackBerry apps (including browser, BBM, BB Travel, Facebook, etc.) all work fine (if not better than before).
    3. Calendar app had a problem - all my appointments were set for the wrong times. This was fixed by going into Settings|Date and Time and changing the Time Zone from what it was (Pacific) to something else, backing out, going back in and changing back to Pacific. All the entries were fixed instantly.
    4. All Android apps initially took a long time to launch. In fact, they wouldn't launch at all during the first half hour after the upgrade. I thought it was a problem, but after a few hours that stopped and now they open up and work just fine. I'm guessing it was a new OS indexing thing.
    5. YouMail Visual Voice Mail (an Android app) had a problem where I could hardly hear the voicemails via speaker or the earpiece speaker. That was fixed and the speaker is now loud enough.
    6. If I find any problems, I'll come in and add them later.

Bottom Line: I don't know about you, but I don't understand the need to be using these "Debrick" and "Core" files and splitting them (whatever that means). Am I just lucky or am I missing something?

I also plugged in my old Verizon Z10 and did the search and it also found the same 203 files, but this time it found two different files than the Z30 download. I'm guessing that the Sachesi app senses which phone is attached and downloads the proper radio and other files needed to make the phone work? I do not know, but I'm glad I just went ahead and did it this way. It was a no brainer.
    You did everything correctly and yes Sachesi recognized the proper files needed for your Z10 as opposed to what you already had for your Z30. Like you said, it is a no brainer.

There was no need for downloading debrick or core files separately for this release, except to create ones own autoloader, as Rogers had it on their production servers. However, as with anything else, there is more than one method to upgrade ones OS and it seems this time it confused a lot more people than it helped, in my opinion.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1418
    moody and rickkel like this.
    10-16-14 05:47 PM
    Updated my Z10 with this per instructions and now unable to enable installation of android apps other than from Amazon. option under install apps from other sources is grayed out, and says it's turned off by administrator. I am not on BES! Anyone else with this issue?
    10-16-14 07:00 PM
    Okay so I agree battery life is damn good.....
    OS10.3.0.1418 SR 10.3.0.908 for ALL devices-img_20141016_211131.png

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:28 PM
    ok this may not be the thread for this but i have an issue ... i remember when BB10 launched they said it would work with current data plans designed for other phones.

apparently i have a Android data plan on my lumia so when a sim is put into my Q10 it says APN error as in it detects data but cant connect.

so im wondering if my carrier butchered the Data settings so it only works with the plans they make for the Q10 as i cant change the APN to the standard web.digiceltt.com is currently fixed to bbweb.

im wondering if i unlock it would i be able to change the apn for it to work

or is it all BB10 devices still require a special plan? you can point me to the right thread if so as well since this os update didn't change anything
    10-16-14 09:00 PM
    I have a Z10 and a Z30, both unlocked and purchased directly from Blackberry.

By installing this Rogers OS have I now sentenced my devices to the mercy of the Rogers OS update schedule?
    10-16-14 11:21 PM
    I have a Z10 and a Z30, both unlocked and purchased directly from Blackberry.

By installing this Rogers OS have I now sentenced my devices to the mercy of the Rogers OS update schedule?
    No. If BB pushes out an update that's newer than 1418, you'll get it.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-16-14 11:29 PM
    I have big WiFi problems with this OS. Is it possible to just load 1154 Radio on this one?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:16 AM
    I have a Z10-1 and a Q10. I recently got a new computer running the dreaded 8.1 which meant I could do nothing with link or my phones on the computer. My daughter security wiped the Z10 and then pulled the battery midway through. I was finally able to reinstall the firmware through the blackberry website after many attempts. I "upgraded" my windows to windows 10 tech preview which allowed success to installing blackberry firmware. However, autoloaders do not work. I really would like to install 10.3 on my Z10 but I have tried every avenue from autoloader, sachesi, bbsideloader, with no success. What I need to know is if anyone is working on updating any of the processes to function with the newer windows so myself and others can enjoy the newest firmware available?
    Did you download the latest Link/Blend package?

I use Windows 8.1 Enterprise at my office and haven't had any problems with updating my Z10 on machine. If you are more familiar with Windows 7 layout/start button I would recommend you spend $5 and get Start8 for your Windows 8.1, it also works on Windows 8. This would should fix your confusion problem with the OS.
    10-17-14 07:58 AM
    Does Blend include Link? Or do you have to have both installed?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:09 AM
    Does Blend include Link? Or do you have to have both installed?

Posted via CB10
    You can download it as a package from BlackBerry but they are, as of now, separate programs

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    10-17-14 09:33 AM
    I have big WiFi problems with this OS. Is it possible to just load 1154 Radio on this one?

Posted via CB10
    You can try, it may certainly work. If not it's easy to revert.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    10-17-14 09:33 AM
    No. If BB pushes out an update that's newer than 1418, you'll get it.
    You mean if their carrier pushes it out *gtg*

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle and anon721037 like this.
    10-17-14 09:35 AM
    You mean if their carrier pushes it out *gtg*

Posted via CB10
    Hey are your Toobs going to be leaking today, by chance.
    10-17-14 09:39 AM
    Hey are your Toobs going to be leaking today, by chance.
    It's unhealthy to not leak every day.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and Pdinos3 like this.
    10-17-14 10:41 AM
    Skipped the auto-loader and upgraded. Everything seemed okay for a while, but texting started to get weird. People weren't getting my texts, or getting partials mixed with old texts... realized I've done upgrades the past few times, and restored before that. Finally backed everything up, did a totally fresh install with the auto-loader, and no restore. Night and day difference. The occasional lag is gone, android apps are much smoother, no more strange glitches. Very glad I took the plunge and put in the 'work'.

TLDR; If your phone is acting up, don't immediately blame the OS. Blame your laziness and always wipe fully

I Want To Believe (in the Squircle)
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-17-14 11:50 AM
    You can try, it may certainly work. If not it's easy to revert.

Posted via CB10
    Well i tried it with Chrome BB app manager but it just ends up with an error. Then i tried with Radio autoloader which blocked my phone so i had to install OS all over again. Anyone has ideas how? Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:56 AM
    Well i tried it with Chrome BB app manager but it just ends up with an error. Then i tried with Radio autoloader which blocked my phone so i had to install OS all over again. Anyone has ideas how? Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah Sachesi, or an autoloader should work. I think if the radio bricks it you can run a core os only loader for non destructive recovery (?)

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:21 PM
    OK, still using windows 10 tech preview. Update... installed 10.3.1418 on Z10 and love it. I am now working on getting blend desktop to connect with my phone which of course is also proving problematic. I have gotten everything to work but the computer to phone sync.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 02:47 PM
    Updated my Z10 with this per instructions and now unable to enable installation of android apps other than from Amazon. option under install apps from other sources is grayed out, and says it's turned off by administrator. I am not on BES! Anyone else with this issue?
    Anyone with the same issue, please? Help needed here.
    10-17-14 03:13 PM
1,038 ... 3536373839 ...