Okay so if you can see previews of lock screen notifications in the new update, 10.2 is it worth it. This is because you swipe up to unlock the screen when the phones locked and the screen is black. you won't really even see the preview, you would just swipe past it and continue to the unlocking of the phone.

It would be press on the lock button and swipe to the right to see the preview. (2 swipes in total)

Or the current way is; swipe to unlock and swipe up and over for the hub. (also two swipes). So it seems pointless

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:10 PM
    Don't have an active notification now, but the previews you see before unlocking. I love 10.2, and once they get lock screen on while on charger setup it will be even better. Just IMHO
    09-18-13 09:42 PM
    Okay so if you can see previews of lock screen notifications in the new update, 10.2 is it worth it. This is because you swipe up to unlock the screen when the phones locked and the screen is black. you won't really even see the preview, you would just swipe past it and continue to the unlocking of the phone.

It would be press on the lock button and swipe to the right to see the preview. (2 swipes in total)

Or the current way is; swipe to unlock and swipe up and over for the hub. (also two swipes). So it seems pointless

Posted via CB10
    There's more to it than that. What you're talking about is if you have allowed gestures on the lock screen. If gestures are turned off, but keep the button from unlocking the screen too, then clicking the lock button is the only way to awaken the phone and then you see the lock screen. If you have notifications, you can click the notification icon and your emails or messages will be listed in a little fly-out. All without any actual swiping or actually going into
    09-18-13 10:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I never swipes as your ways. Just press power button and tap the notification. It's very simple and cool..
    09-18-13 10:22 PM
    I find it useful when it is on my desk and I am with a customer. If I need to see it I can do it a little more unobtrusively from the lock screen and then if necessary ask them to hold on so I can deal with it.
    09-18-13 10:43 PM
    Phone uses waaay less battery now, not having to do anymore than tap top button to see a few items before actually going into the phone...

Trusted Member Genius
    joejuck likes this.
    09-19-13 03:49 AM
    If you use gesture to unlock, just swipe from the bottom like you flick it. Ut will awake the screen only. No need to press the unlock button.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:46 AM
    What I'm trying to say is, the whole point of the "swipe up to unlock" when the phone is off feature is "kicked to the curb" (thrown away) because you know have the notification previews.

To get the screen to turn on and use the lockscreen previews, you have to press the top button then on the notification. Therefore taking away the swipe up to unlock when the divice is off without pressing any buttons is gone.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:48 AM
    What I'm trying to say is, the whole point of the "swipe up to unlock" when the phone is off feature is "kicked to the curb" (thrown away) because you know have the notification previews.

To get the screen to turn on and use the lockscreen previews, you have to press the top button then on the notification. Therefore taking away the swipe up to unlock when the divice is off without pressing any buttons is gone.

Posted via CB10
    No, if you only do a short flick from the bottom of the screen, it only wakes the phone but does not unlock it. Its when you do a longer swipe from the bottom, up at least a third of the way and in a continuous upward motion that it will unlock.

I do this short flick all the time just to check the time or notifications, without unlocking the phone.

Posted via CB10
    joejuck likes this.
    09-19-13 11:11 AM
    No, if you only do a short flick from the bottom of the screen, it only wakes the phone but does not unlock it. Its when you do a longer swipe from the bottom, up at least a third of the way and in a continuous upward motion that it will unlock.

I do this short flick all the time just to check the time or notifications, without unlocking the phone.

Posted via CB10
    This is 100% correct, I do a slow drag about 1/4 the way up the screen to get to lock screen.
    joejuck likes this.
    09-19-13 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ohh! That's sounds like it will work pretty easy. Thanks for the advice and understanding

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:30 PM