Just had a thought - it may even be a non-issue. If I buy an unlocked Z10 and use it with my current phone provider who for some reason do not currently have any new blackberries in their lineup, where do the OS updates come from? Are they just OTA from BlackBerry as with other platforms, or am I likely to run into trouble with an earlier buggier version that the device was shipped with that I'm unable to move on from?
    Any ideas, bright or otherwise?
    07-21-13 04:37 AM
    The latest updates can always come from BlackBerry servers which uses the vendor ID more so than any carrier supported initialization to push updates. In short, if your carrier isn't officially supported, it will pull from the vendor ID for OTA and Desktop installs through BlackBerry Link.

I have a few devices which have NEVER had a SIM card in them to even know which service they belong to but they have received Rogers updates because while unlocked, they are in fact Rogers devices.
    Pmungus likes this.
    07-21-13 04:50 AM
    Interesting Bla1ze...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:03 AM
    The latest updates can always come from BlackBerry servers which uses the vendor ID more so than any carrier supported initialization to push updates. In short, if your carrier isn't officially supported, it will pull from the vendor ID for OTA and Desktop installs through BlackBerry Link.

I have a few devices which have NEVER had a SIM card in them to even know which service they belong to but they have received Rogers updates because while unlocked, they are in fact Rogers devices.
    If one of those happens to be an extra Q10....;-) good to know though.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:18 AM