So I decided since this will be the last of a very long list of updates (I was in the 10.3 beta) this phone has been through. (for awhile anyway) I would do a back up, OS reload, partial restore.

This thing is awesome now, any bugs I was having are gone, and everything is super smooth and fast. I thought it was before but now I'm impressed.

If you guys are having trouble and haven't tried it, I'd recommend it.
    I completely restored device settings and local contacts/calendar data, completely restored media, but in application data, only the apps that had lots of setup like RSS feeds. I didn't restore system applications under application data.

What is nice is for example my banking app is only available from Google Play, I can restore that and it's back, no need to rush and get snap or whatever.
    02-21-15 11:53 AM
    Great advice!
    Thanks goodness we have some cooler heads prevailing here!
    Thank you for helping us all with the excellent information.
    02-21-15 12:05 PM
    Clean install always beat upgrades due to fresh system restarts. It is true for all base OSs. Windows, OSX, Linux and many other mobile OS as well. I am amazed at how many fail to understand this and still don't understand OTA upgrades are just not worth the time.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-21-15 12:24 PM
    Amazing. I did it

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:46 PM
    I don't know if a security wipe would have the same effect or not

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:56 PM
    It's great actually

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:01 PM
    May I ask if you used Link or the site www.BlackBerry.com/updates
    ??
    Does the device reset (like a wipe)? Or does the content remain like an Update?
    (have I to backup and restore data? Will my data be lost?)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-21-15 03:16 PM
    Could you explain the steps to a fresh install? I'm willing try anything at this point
    02-21-15 03:21 PM
    Clean install always beat upgrades due to fresh system restarts. It is true for all base OSs. Windows, OSX, Linux and many other mobile OS as well. I am amazed at how many fail to understand this and still don't understand OTA upgrades are just not worth the time.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Well you got to consider that most people don't have 2 hrs to spare to do the backup restore
    I get lazy at times as well and do delta updates with sachesi for minor updates
    But doing OTA over major OS revisions is a bad idea. So if 10.x.y.z, and x changes, please do a clean install It will save you time, and save us time from dealing with BS bugs
    02-21-15 03:25 PM
    will this fix the messed up audio notification sounds? what problems were your experiencing that made you want to do this.

I am wondering if I should or not. I'm not having any problems expect for the notification audio

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 03:32 PM
    Could you explain the steps to a fresh install? I'm willing try anything at this point
    Why,It's going to take hours any way? Go to BB Link and try it ,some one mentioned that you have to have enough space available for it to load,you might have to delete a few worthless apps,good luck.
    02-21-15 03:36 PM
    Why,It's going to take hours any way? Go to BB Link and try it ,some one mentioned that you have to have enough space available for it to load,you might have to delete a few worthless apps,good luck.
    Because I have the time. If you have nothing productive to add then don't bother. I have tried everything else and I'm willing to try something new, I also have the space so I won't need to delete anything.
    02-21-15 03:41 PM
    Because I have the time. If you have nothing productive to add then don't bother. I have tried everything else and I'm willing to try something new, I also have the space so I won't need to delete anything.
    Take it easy!! just trying to the best of my abilities to help.
    02-21-15 03:52 PM
    Does the device "wipe" when you reload OS via link? Or does it behave like an update on the air? When I update OTA, I find all my data.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-21-15 04:00 PM
    I used BlackBerry link, in the preferences you can reload device OS, this wipes everything and is like you bought a brand new phone, loads it with the current OS and you're on your way.

Nothing is left on the phone, everything has to be restored from a full back up. It might take a bit of time, but it's completely worth it.

Posted via CB10
    anischab likes this.
    02-21-15 05:09 PM
    I used BlackBerry link, in the preferences you can reload device OS, this wipes everything and is like you bought a brand new phone, loads it with the current OS and you're on your way.

Nothing is left on the phone, everything has to be restored from a full back up. It might take a bit of time, but it's completely worth it.

Posted via CB10
    did this fix the notification audio level? that's all I care about and I'm not going to wipe my phone if it doesn't fix the issue

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 05:38 PM
    I didn't notice having that issue before or now so I can't really say

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:27 PM
    When dealing with a major release such as this. It is always best to do a 10.2 backup in case a rollback is necessary. If you have leaks installed, then you should wipe the slate clean and load the official release before even talking about any bugs that might be present.
    02-21-15 11:09 PM
    At first I did a non destructive upgrade on my Passport from 10.3.1.1151 to 10.3.1.2267. Upon attempting to unlock my phone i discovered my keyboard wouldn't work at all. So I couldn't even enter my password to get into my phone. Ended up creating an autoloader and doing a "majority restore". Everything is working like a charm. I'm sure if I had waited for the official OTA update i wouldn't have this problem. Regardless, as the OP suggests, it's always good to do a fresh install.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:21 PM
    At first I did a non destructive upgrade on my Passport from 10.3.1.1151 to 10.3.1.2267. Upon attempting to unlock my phone i discovered my keyboard wouldn't work at all. So I couldn't even enter my password to get into my phone. Ended up creating an autoloader and doing a "majority restore". Everything is working like a charm. I'm sure if I had waited for the official OTA update i wouldn't have this problem. Regardless, as the OP suggests, it's always good to do a fresh install.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem after the non destructive upgrade heck I couldn't place a call or open text message. I ran the autoloader and all went fine, did my custom restore so far so good

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:46 PM
    My device wipe took 45 min

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:07 AM
    Did a complete software reload...makes no difference with the notification issue...problem is still exists on my passport
    02-22-15 12:13 PM
    I had no issues and still don't. Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:07 PM
    okay so update!

I did the whole process. and while it did not fix my low notification audio problem. it did fix my BlackBerry assistant. That wasn't working before. so yeah one positive but I guess I'll have to wait on BlackBerry to send an update fix

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-22-15 04:07 PM
    I almost always recommend a security wipe before new OS reload. I find there to be some problems every time you are updating the OS (especially when it's been used for a while). It's a bit of work, but clean installs are usually better than regular updates.
    02-22-15 05:28 PM
29 12