I just received my Passport, which I love. I updated to the official Rogers provided updates, but then today Blitz updated to OS 1154 + Radio 1155.

I made a Quick Backup from my Z30, and attempted to update my Passport. This restore failed but completed many things, such as some android data.(my amazon appstore was up to date, but it was showing all my apps installed, even though they weren't so I had to uninstall and reinstall amazon to clear)

Now my android apps randomly fail on the final stages of install. I have had success closing the Android installer via device manager but this clears it only for a few installs.

Any ideas on how to clear the android installer \ install? I dragged and dropped the sys.android.shell-10.3.1.145 and sys.android-10.3.1.145 bars via Sachesi to attempt to reinstall the runtime.

I would like to not do a full device wipe but it might be the only solution.

Another note - when I search Amazon for Netflix, I get no results. Anyone else see this?
    12-18-14 02:05 PM
    Netflix is still there in the Amazon App store (at least here in the US).

Personally I've had issue doing update installs.... gotten where I always do a clean install and I stay away from doing restores. But it is a pain and for some just might not be possible.

Did you do a regular backup on your Z30 and then a normal restore to the Passport? Not sure what the difference is in the Switch Devices option, but maybe it would restore your backup from one device to another without transferring any device specific information that might cause an issue. (Don't really know the difference )

Might want to download the OS files again - try a different File Storage Service (think there were two or maybe three where the OP saved it) and then run the install again.

If that doesn't work - I'd go with a wipe, and then if it's still messed up I'd wipe and then use a regular autoloader. Then test and then restore.
    12-18-14 02:18 PM
    I ended up autoloader'ing it works great now

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:21 PM
    ...If that doesn't work - I'd go with a wipe, and then if it's still messed up I'd wipe and then use a regular autoloader. Then test and then restore.
    I'm having the same issue as the OP. I used Sachesi to install 1154 on the weekend. Now my Android stuff doesn't work, won't even install. I might go with your autoloader suggestion if I can find some time anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:11 AM