Been using this leak from the start till now.. there are dislikes and a few bugs.. hope the bugs will go away as a new Christmas present..

with the apk so ready being able to download and to use android software made easy now.. where this leaves blackberry world? Android softwares for a start is already so many miles ahead.. take for example wechat??

Just a thought.. do we need bb world??

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:06 PM
    If you ever want to update a native app approved by BlackBerry then yes, you need BlackBerry World. Doesn't matter what happens with Android sideloading in future OS builds, as long as BlackBerry wants BB10-native apps to run on BB10 devices, there will always be a "BlackBerry World."

Now, my hope is that BlackBerry is really working behind the scenes with Google to integrate the official Play Store into BlackBerry World so that apps are downloaded and installed through there. We've already seen the system's ability to recognize .apk files and install them, so if BlackBerry can get Google to agree, but allow BlackBerry to regulate which Play Store apps pop up in World (like the Amazon App Store in a way), then everybody wins. A poor boy's foolish Christmas wish though, lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:15 PM
    Native apps perform much better and integrate with the OS on a much higher level.
    Personally, I only use apks when a native option is not available, and I think most people do the same.

Z10 STL100-3
    00stryder, sickyute and Douken like this.
    12-15-13 06:15 PM
    Native apps perform much better and integrate with the OS on a much higher level.
    Personally, I only use apks when a native option is not available, and I think most people do the same.

Z10 STL100-3
    I totally agree, I much prefer Native over alien. I rarely keep any android app, BlackBerry world certainly had come a long way.... and has some ove the best 3rd party apps on any platform.... thanx to the amazing Dev we have

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z30 Powered by 10.2.1.1xxx
    00stryder likes this.
    12-15-13 06:20 PM
    I'll take a native app over an android port any day. Like others have said, I only use the android app if it isn't available in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:28 PM
    Actually me too.. actually with snap and other apk channels come in.. I feel bb world is going to die seriously the native developers should buck up.. example wechat or games like despicable me?? Everyone on Apple or Android has Christmas mode in.. and where is our bb upgrades.. quite upset about this

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:29 PM
    I agree with the others as well. Native over a port. Sims because posts can not integrate with the os. Only ports I get are the ones that would require absolutely no integration with the os such as games

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:33 PM
    Ok.. just another.. instagram for example.. is not native.. I think a native is coming out with a different name.. would you use it? With a name like blackgram or something like that?? I personally can't accept

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:39 PM
    Lol the name makes little difference if the functionality is there. In terms of BlackGran, I'd be weary of it since it has some significant limitations (and is not free), but iGrann looks very promising and should definitely turn heads when it's released.

Trust us, although ported/sideloaded apps may work perfectly, especially on 10.2.1.1055, you'll definitely get better compatibility out of an app that's built natively.

Posted via CB10
    sickyute likes this.
    12-15-13 07:26 PM
    I do the same, I download APK if it is not available native but as soon as a native is out I delete the alien one, native are more smooth and less battery drain.

Posted on my rocking Z30 10.2.1.1055
    12-15-13 08:49 PM
    I personally would delete any android app installed if a native became available.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:08 PM
    Ok.. just another.. instagram for example.. is not native.. I think a native is coming out with a different name.. would you use it? With a name like blackgram or something like that?? I personally can't accept

Posted via CB10
    I made the comment that we are becoming a "generic" platform lol.. but in some cases like instagram we have a better client being released that does the exact same thing and is built for blackberry. Just because it doesn't have the title "instagram" doesn't mean it isn't better. Igrann Rocks.. and I do support the devs taking time from their lives to better our app ecosystem
    00stryder likes this.
    12-15-13 09:12 PM
    So you would pay for the igrann thingy when it could be free??

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:55 AM
    So you would pay for the igrann thingy when it could be free??

Posted via CB10
    Its free, donations accepted by dev but yes, I would still pay for a native app over a free side load.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-17-13 03:06 AM