Hi,

I had a Torch 9810 and would sync with a Kia Optima. This worked perfectly - my addressbook and recent call list would sync and I could use the car's voice commands to dial from the addressbook.

I recently upgraded to a Q10 and can't get this to work. I tried with the OS that was on the phone, and also upgraded to OS 10.2.1.1925 (which I'm currently running). I've repeatedly unpaired my phone and car and re-paired them together. All that I can get is to have the car to act as a bluetooth speaker and microphone. Neither the addressbook nor recent calls sync, preventing me from voice dialing. I've checked the settings in the car, and they are set to sync these lists.

I did notice that if I quickly toggle the bluetooth device on and off, the addressbook will appear in the car just for a second. If I navigate away from the addressbook in the car, and later try to get to it, the addressbook is greyed out. It's as if the connection starts, but then breaks and the addressbook is lost.

On the phone, the lockscreen recognizes that it's paired with a car, and even says "phonebook access" is enabled. But going to the bluetooth settings, I don't see phonebook access there.

This is really driving me crazy. The upgrade caused me to lose one of the most valuable features that my old one had. I spend a lot of time in my car, and being able to voice dial is critical.

Any ideas?
    12-26-13 08:11 PM
    Works perfectly on my 2010 Mini Cooper S...sounds like car issue...not phone...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 01:27 AM
    Also works in my Mitsubishi RVR.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:49 AM
    The problem could be the car or the phone, but what is clear is that OS 10 isn't working in a situation where OS 7 did.

I'm not going to buy another car just to get the phone to work again, though if you want to lend me your Mini or Mitsubishi, I'm game I'm more likely to downgrade back to the 9810 and OS 7, which will also restore my ability to sync notes (I can't fathom why that was removed!). But that's really disappointing, and would signal to me the end of my BB usage (I've been a BB user for 8 yrs now), as it leaves few distinguishing features, other than physical keyboard, that separate this phone from competitors.

I'd like to put a little more effort into this. The phone feels nice in my hand, and I like the hub. So I'd like to give this phone a little more effort before giving up.

Any other ideas on what the problem might be?
    12-27-13 07:40 AM
    Check around for an update for your car. I'm not sure about Kia, but my Ford gets software updates every few months. Maybe they updated the software to be compatible with more/newer devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:10 AM
    Its important to raise this. Had similar issue initial os before 10.1.0.4181 mr fixed it - not had problem with mr or 10.2.0
    12-27-13 01:51 PM