My biggest and really only gripe about the HUB on BlackBerry 10 right now is how hard it is for me to remove everything inside it.
    If you're like me then you don't like having your hub full of old emails and such or old conversations. I feel kind of cluttered with them even though it doesn't really look cluttered. I just like having an empty HUB.
    The problem seems to be the accounts linked to the HUB. Deleting BBMs, texts, call logs etc. is quite easy. However, when it comes to deleting emails, Facebook notifications/messages and twitter notifications/ messages (the only social networks I have linked to my HUB) the HUB runs into multiple problems, each medium of communication linked to the HUB having its own.
    I have successfully cleared my HUB once. The process I had to go through to do it was tiring and felt tedious at times because the amount of things in the HUB made me feel as though I was getting no where.
    So I feel in 10.3 there needs to be a way to deal with this. It would make the UI feel a lot cleaner.

P.S. If anyone knows a way to successfully delete everything (yes I'm aware if you hold the date and select "delete all prior" it "does it" even though it really doesn't no matter how long you wait) it would be greatly appreciated seeing as we won't have 10.3 for quite some time as it stands.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 04:49 AM
    If you understand the concept of the HUB, the idea of an empty HUB is a tad offside. I love having this central place for all my communication and it really isn't that big of a deal to delete from the HUB or the integrated app links the stuff I do not need. For me, the HUB is one of the most efficient things about my BlackBerry. It would not be an efficient use of my time if I had to check my five email plus the other social accounts individually.
    05-27-14 05:00 AM
    I actually like to have it full... makes me feel like I have a life ! lol

But I understand what you mean. I stress when I see people with hundreds of unopened notifications (I always clear my notifications). I guess you prefer to have an empty hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 05:12 AM
    I understand your point, but I have to say I disagree. I like to be able to keep all my stuff in the HUB and be able to look at old emails and SMS if I ever need something said in those conversations.

But I hope BB does implement a feature where it would be easier to delete all the stuff in there, I personally would never use it but I like when everyone is happy with there phones.

One thing though, you need to understand that the majority of people (I might be wrong) want to have their old emails/sms/Facebook/twitter/whatever notifications in the hub that way, if they ever need to look at something they don't have to open any app because it's all there in the hub. So that might jot be a priority for BB, but if you're not able to delete things in an efficient matter then that feature should really be implemented!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:19 AM
    I never said I didn't want them integrated, I said I want to be able to delete and clear things every once in a while and just have an empty hub, all messages and accounts would still be synced to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:26 AM
    Most people I know, seeing as I'm 15 and the younger audience doesn't really care about being able to go back. Having a clear hub for a teen like me is useful because when I have a lot going on at once it's easier to keep track of. The concept of the hub is having access to all your accounts in one place that's convenient, it doesn't really have much to do with or anything to do with having your hub full of messages you no longer want or need.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:30 AM
    Like I said, I never tried the 'delete prior' feature, but when you use it doesn't it work?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:32 AM
    Hub->More->Settings->Hub Management-> change each item you want to "Show in separate account only"

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:33 AM
    You're right. A lot needs to be improved in everything in the hub. Half the time delete all doesn't work, the sms app constantly getting stuck if you received too many messages at once and a lot more.

There is definitely something broken, for now though you can change the hug management so that your Facebook and email don't show in the main hub page. I did that and it's a lot cleaner
    05-27-14 06:37 AM
    It does to an extent, anything over 200 and it won't do anything

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:39 AM
    Thanks that's a way of making it look better, doesn't solve the whole problem but still useful

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:40 AM