09-12-18 04:32 AM
885 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Can I uninstall android apps with the chrome extension?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    Hi Guy,

If you have the bugged OS installed, as detailed in Post #1, then no, you won't be able to un-install any Android Apps. installed outside of Blackberry World.

You basically have two options at this point;

-Perform a security wipe, and revert the phone back to a clean "nothing extra installed", albeit still with the new buggy OS on it which will still not cleanly uninstall Android Apps etc,
    - "Roll back" the OS to the previous last known good version; 2813. This won't affect anything else on your phone, except you then will be able to uninstall any "stuck" Android Apps. that you weren't able to uninstall cleanly.

My own experience and learning found me doing that latter option using Sachesi, which once I'd grasped the basics and cleared up a few errors on launch, took less than 5 minutes. The phone "looked" identical, I'd not lost any contacts / Apps. nor anything, and I was able to get rid of the errant App.

You will see updates being available flagged, as the OTA upgrade then wants to try and install the 85MB update which is the buggy Android runtime component, but it's worth living with that nag than trying to work with the buggy runtime, especially if you like to install and remove a lot of Apps.

There's lots of posts above that can help. Worst-case scenario; look for mine or the black and white monkey if you don't want to read through them all for some minor Sachesi notes. Happy to share the .BAR files you'll need too, if you decide to downgrade. PM me.

[EDIT: I forgot this, and can't stress it enough; BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP! - before you do anything like this, get everything off the device that you want. And check those backups, if you can, to make sure they are usable]

Hope that helps.

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 02-02-16 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added backup note
    FF22 likes this.
    02-02-16 01:02 AM

Yes you can.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 06:19 AM
    I also discovered that living and ignoring the 85mb update message could affect battery life because the phone would still search and notify the known fake update.

Best thing to do is to turn it off straight after first installation and then re install the two bar files keeping the update off.

Posted from my Blackbeast
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-02-16 at 07:22 AM.
    02-02-16 06:24 AM
    Now is definitely the time when no one is sure when installing some android app, will that app is going to work properly, because there's no way back with regular uninstalling. Just like me in this thread: forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q5-f398/tool-picasa-blackberry-q5-square-screen-cant-login-1060759-post12243772/

Someone apparently needs to try first and than to share the information with others, otherwise will be stucked. I have personally 3 android.apps which have installed and don't use because of this runtime error ( viber, facebook messenger and now Tool for Picasa) but don't want to do this trick honestly, because I am using puppy linux on my laptop and can't install Sachesi on it, and also don't want to wipe my Q5 because I've just finished costymize the phone in a way I like (dark theme, entering a sorting contacts, notification etc, etc), and don't have patient to do again such work. Huh. I will definitely wait for blackberry to solve this problem. Just am bothering about tomorrow or later, if I decide to try some other android app! Will it work properly or not. I would honestly like if blackberry pay for the developers, just to stay alive BB10 OS and to have all our native apps, which are specifically costumized for our OS not to depend on android apps. Every native app for BlackBerry is working so smooth on BB10 OS, that any android app can't come close in any way.
    02-02-16 08:25 PM
    I also discovered that living and ignoring the 85mb update message could affect battery life because the phone would still search and notify the known fake update.

Best thing to do is to turn it off straight after first installation and then re install the two bar files keeping the update off.

Posted from my Blackbeast
    Hmmm.

Did that.

Did not work for me.

In fact the notification has reappeared every 3 or 4 days. I read it. Leave it where it is. Keeping an eye on battery.
    02-02-16 09:06 PM

Interesting question. But I don't know the answer. Someone who has the faulty OS with the faulty Runtime could check to see if "uninstalled" apps show up in the Chrome extension full log and then if they do, it they can be deleted using it.
    02-03-16 12:13 AM
    I am having a problem regarding blackberry 10.3 os, that when I turn off and turn on all my data is being erased and the data which I deleted earlier is getting back
    Is there any solution to fix this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 12:42 AM
    Yes you can.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Ginowine,

I wasn't aware of that, sorry. Is that something specific to the Passport, the extension. the poster mentions? I was under the impression that nothing could successfully uninstall Android Apps. from the bugged runtime / OS on any device... or have I got that wrong?

Regards

James
    02-03-16 12:43 AM
    Hi Ginowine,

I wasn't aware of that, sorry. Is that something specific to the Passport, the extension. the poster mentions? I was under the impression that nothing could successfully uninstall Android Apps. from the bugged runtime / OS on any device... or have I got that wrong?

Regards

James

There's nothing be specific to the Passport only. Chrome Extension works with all BB10 devices.

Well there are solutions for that and this is one of them as alternative program.

Just follow the steps in the tutorial and your issue will be solved in no time.

Chrome Extension BB10 / PlayBook App Manager via Wi-Fi.

It works like a charm.

100% perfect on my MS Windows XP machine (Or any PC which is supported).

See the tutorial / how-to-do manual and click on the blue link here below.

How To Sideload Google Play Client Snap For Android Apps On BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Empire

The reason why I did and troubleshooted was that I had to revert the two BAR files of Android Runtime from the previous OS build of BlackBerry (OS 10.3.2.2813) and put those back into my old BB10 device (Q10) which is not my daily driver anymore and I use this device only as a back-up smartphone.

Another reason behind of it is that I can't directly make a USB-connection between my pc and Sachesi with my Q10 no more (Except my Passport which it normally works). It's very strange to me and I have the latest version of BlackBerry Link with compatible BB drivers installed on my PC (MS WinXP).

My daily driver device is still my OG Passport and in the future I will buy and use the Priv afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 06:30 AM
    I am having a problem regarding blackberry 10.3 os, that when I turn off and turn on all my data is being erased and the data which I deleted earlier is getting back
    Is there any solution to fix this issue?

Posted via CB10
    You have the blue LED issue. Find the fix here:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000036747
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    02-03-16 07:54 AM
    I am having this problem with INST10 it will not uninstall properly. Therefore it crashes everytime I try to use it. I do not have time to sideload apps and fixes. So frustrating

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 02:27 PM
    I am having this problem with INST10 it will not uninstall properly. Therefore it crashes everytime I try to use it. I do not have time to sideload apps and fixes. So frustrating

Posted via CB10
    This is a native app, and has nothing to do with the Android Runtime problem.

If you're referring to not being able to remove INST10 notifications from the HUB, download Accounts Cleaner from BBW.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-04-16 02:32 PM
    Hi again Ginowine,

Thanks for that. I think we might be talking at cross-purposes; the OP was asking if you could uninstall an Android App. with the BB10 / PlayBook App Manager, rather than how to roll back their OS using it. That's how I read their post anyway, and why I posted that you can't (to my current knowledge).

Regards

James
    02-05-16 03:38 AM
    Hi,

I've just tried removing Android apps with the Chrome extension.
    I started SNAP after the uninstall, and all "updates" disapeared, so i guess it worked.

BUT ... now i'm trying to reinstall Deezer on my Z10 with SNAP, the app crashes at launch. So, didn't solved everything.
    02-05-16 06:57 AM
    Hi,

I've just tried removing Android apps with the Chrome extension.
    I started SNAP after the uninstall, and all "updates" disapeared, so i guess it worked.

BUT ... now i'm trying to reinstall Deezer on my Z10 with SNAP, the app crashes at launch. So, didn't solved everything.
    Snap does not reveal the uninstall error. You can only see the problem from within the Runtime using Android settings or Google Play Store.
    02-05-16 07:04 AM
    Snap does not reveal the uninstall error. You can only see the problem from within the Runtime using Android settings or Google Play Store.
    ???

Became aware of the problem because Amazon App Store showed I still had an Android app I had uninstalled..

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 07:26 AM
    Hi again Ginowine,

Thanks for that. I think we might be talking at cross-purposes; the OP was asking if you could uninstall an Android App. with the BB10 / PlayBook App Manager, rather than how to roll back their OS using it. That's how I read their post anyway, and why I posted that you can't (to my current knowledge).

Regards

James

OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis-img_20160205_162413.png

You have two options how to use the Chrome Playbook App Manager.

And it depends which option and steps you choose to take.

Option 1.

First. Examine the Chrome Playbook App Manager.

Second. Drag & Drop the two BAR files one by one to the top right corner: sys.android & sys.android-shell

Third. When both BAR files are done installing to 100% completion. Log off.

Forth. After loggin off, unplugged the connection, the USB cable and restart your smartphone BlackBerry 10 device. You can reset the BB10 device to do it soft or hard.

After restarting your BB10 device, it should now working normally with uninstalling android apps.

Option 2.

First. Examine the Chrome Playbook App Manager.

Second. Look in the list of installed android (apk) apps. Let's take one android app for deletion/uninstalling for an example.

Third. Search one android app in the list and marked it. Leave the rest of the apps unmarked.

Forth. Push the button Uninstall and wait for the 100% completion of uninstalling an android app. (In the meantime within the process is directly deleted on the homescreen of BB10)

Fifth. After uninstalling an android app. Log off, unplugged the connection, and within the homescreen menu of BB10, you will notice that an android app is deleted.

Six. If the trick doesn't work. Restart your BB10 device or do a hard or soft reset to pull it through. Maybe than it should work correctly.

I hope that you and the OP now understand my explanation and friendly regards back to you.

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-05-16 09:58 AM
    MY summary what I have read & what I did.

Unless you do the 2813 ART downgrade via Sachesi from your 2836/2876 version, or unless you roll back to 2813 you will NOT be able to remove, reinstall android apps from your bb10 device via any means AFAIK. You may do it OR live with it . . . 10.3.3 OTA MAY contain the fix (who really knows?) but 2879 apparently does NOT. I chose the 2813 ART downgrade (2 files, RT & shell) & was super easy to do & works fine. Daily system nag to update (auto update TURNED OFF) remains on screen & in hub.

BlackBerry is a BIG disappointment for their supercilious behavior.
    Last edited by patapoof; 02-05-16 at 07:37 PM.
    02-05-16 10:54 AM
    Please solve problems. Totally unacceptable

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 11:58 AM
    Blackberry sucks everyday more and more, just tired of Loving a company that is making all the things to to hate it

Sent from my Passport
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-05-16 03:01 PM
    many many thx Cobalt
    02-05-16 07:29 PM
    many many thx Cobalt
    I not for cobalt, I would venture a guess the bulk of bb10 users would have left long ago...
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-05-16 07:35 PM
    Hi again Ginowine,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post that full explanation for me, and others. It's very much appreciated.

I've found that these forums are an excellent place to pick up solutions and advice, thanks to posters such as yourself and whom are willing to help. I feel I learn something new each and every day from following posts here.

Once again, thanks for all your help and input.

Regards

James

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 01:15 AM
    I know this isn't most likely the best thread to get an answer on this but for whatever reason I can't get sachesi nor the playbook browser plugin to connect to my passport in order to apply the patches. Any other way to sideload these two bar files?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8393425) likes this.
    02-06-16 02:45 AM
    Do I have to use Sachesi to sideload this , I'm currently having problems installing Sachesi.
    02-06-16 05:30 AM
885 ... 1314151617 ...