Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 06:17 PM
    Plz can anyone send me the video of how to uninstall the android app
    Can anyone plz on BlackBerry Q10

Posted via CB10
    Instructions are in posts 1 and 6.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-28-16 06:24 PM
    Hello installed 10.3.2.2836 on my Z10 and noticed in app manager, option allow to install 3rd party apps is blocked my administrator? This is personal phone from day one! Holding out in installing. 2836 in Passport SE as not sure with bugs in this OS!
    OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis-img_20160129_065417.png

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    01-29-16 12:47 AM
    Wow. Have to try that out too. Good find.

Shadow Q10
    Does it really work? I turned mobile network off and still managed to run some android apps that require data.
    01-29-16 01:17 AM
    I'm unable to uninstall Android apps even using Cobalt Mobile Network app. The app keeps on uninstalling the app for few minutes and then crashes. Please help!!
    And, is there any other link for ART? I can't access Mega from my phone. The browser shows a blank page with Mega logo only.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 04:51 AM
    I'm unable to uninstall Android apps even using Cobalt Mobile Network app. The app keeps on uninstalling the app for few minutes and then crashes. Please help!!
    And, is there any other link for ART? I can't access Mega from my phone. The browser shows a blank page with Mega logo only.

Posted via CB10
    Security Wipe...
    01-29-16 04:54 AM
    Hi,

Colbalt232's application "Mobile Network" cannot be used to uninstall an application that is "stuck" in this scenario with this OS version; it is used to show / prove that an application *is* stuck, in the sense it "crashes" when you try with it / try to display the security settings on the device (see Post #1).

When you have established you do have an application you cannot uninstall as per Post #1, you currently have a couple of choices;

-"Security Wipe" the device, as ZF_23 says, and what Blackberry are quoting on the link under "BLACKBERRY TAKING ACTION" on Post #1
    -Use Sachesi to install the older runtime as posted in Post #6, which did not have this bug, and wait for a fix from Blackberry.

I can't do it from where I am now, but when I'm next at home, I'd be happy to try and upload the two bar files somewhere for you. Either post a host here, or PM me and I'll do my best. ;-)

EDIT: just remembered I have some space on another cloud storage site, so PM me with an email address and I'll upload and share it to that address, if I can.

Hope that helps.

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 01-29-16 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added few lines marked "Edit"
    01-29-16 06:05 AM

-Use Sachesi to install the older runtime as posted in Post #6, which did not have this bug, and wait for a fix from Blackberry
    Just done this myself as a total Sachesi newbie, and it can be done in just a few minutes. I had one issue; the "missing" Microsoft VC++ Runtimes which stopped Sachesi running first of all with the "missing .dll" errors as covered on other threads for Sachesi, but a quick download and install of those cured that problem.

Once I'd installed the older BAR files and rebooted, I was able to cleanly uninstall the application using Colbalt232's Mobile Application (I'd no icon left for the problem application, so didn't do the usual tap to uninstall method)

Thanks again to all involved in providing this information and workaround.

Regards

James
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-29-16 06:34 AM
    I would not recommend doing a security wipe. It can take days. I've read that removing the SD card before doing the wipe can make the time down to an hour or so. I haven't tried it. Use Link or Anutoloader to wipe and reinstall an OS or, or Sachesi to install just the two Android Runtime bars.
    01-29-16 07:55 AM
    I've been using Sachesi to install the 2 bar files but the sys.android.shell 10.3.2.231 always is stuck at 50% and does doesn't do anything else. Does anyone have the solution?
    Hi, are you still having the issue? I'd suggest re-downloading the bar files again, and trying with the new copies. If that still fails, you could try making sure you have the required Microsoft VC++ runtimes that Sachesi often asks for when run under Windows 7 (that's been with Sachesi 2.0.3 for me, anyway).

If you PM me a valid contact email, I'll provide you with a link to the two bar files that I downloaded and worked for me on my Z10.

What version of Sachesi are you trying and on what platform? Windows 7 / 8 / 10? Might be worth trying an earlier version.

Hope that helps

Regards

James
    01-29-16 08:07 AM
    Hello installed 10.3.2.2836 on my Z10 and noticed in app manager, option allow to install 3rd party apps is blocked my administrator? This is personal phone from day one!
    No such issue on my personal Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2876.
    Parental Controls can block install of 3rd-party apps.
    Last edited by eywong; 01-29-16 at 09:52 AM.
    01-29-16 08:19 AM
    Install the ART from OS 10.3.2.2813 on your phone. That should resolve the issue.

Use your computer's browser to download the ART files. You will need a computer to sideload those files to your phone.
    01-29-16 10:05 AM
    Install the ART from OS 10.3.2.2813 on your phone. That should resolve the issue.

I hope so!!

Use your computer's browser to download the ART files. You will need a computer to sideload those files to your phone.
    Yup!! Downloading the ART files using Zeus Browser. 'Flash' issues with Mega website.
    Will post the updates soon.

Thank you all your support!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 11:04 AM
    There is another way:
    1. Backup your phone and autoload the entire 2813 OS with a clean install: https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io. Make sure you skip update OS in the setup process (swipe left) and disable auto updates on both the device (via settings) and on BBLINK (via preferences).
    2. Edit and recompile your backup file: http://crackberry.com/restoring-back...ry-10#comments
    3. Restore your phone using BBLINK / restore backup.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 05:30 PM
    Chrome Extension BB10 / PlayBook App Manager via Wi-Fi.

It works like a charm.

100% perfect on my MS Windows XP machine (PC).

See the tutorial / how-to-do manual here below.

How To Sideload Google Play Client Snap For Android Apps On BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Empire

The reason why I did and troubleshooted was that I had to revert the two BAR files of Android Runtime from the previous OS build of BlackBerry (OS 10.3.2.2813) and put those back into my old BB10 device (Q10) which is not my daily driver anymore and I use this device only as a back-up smartphone.

Another reason behind of it is that I can't directly make a USB-connection between my pc and Sachesi with my Q10 no more (Except my Passport which it normally does work). It's very strange to me and I have the latest version of BlackBerry Link with compatible BB drivers installed on my pc (MS WinXP).

My daily driver device is still my OG Passport and in the future I will buy and use the Priv afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    I had uninstalled the ported app from Blackberry world because it had become unstable & outdated. When I went to the playstore to install the Waze app it showed as an update & wouldn't let me install it.

This method worked great for me! I installed the large BAR file first & then the small BAR file, performed a hard reset & waited for 10 mins for the phone to settle in! Opened play store to install Waze app and it showed as an update not an install, clicked on it anyway it downloaded the file, installed it and when it was done the open box in the upper right corner appeared clicked on it & I was able to set it up.

I used the Waze app on my way to work, 1 hour drive & worked great no more freezing, can't find the server errors. I used a MS windows 10 machine for this.
    01-29-16 08:01 PM
    Thanks for the warm gesture. I've downloaded the ART files n Sachesi 2.0.3 but it's not working with Windows 10. Unable to install it. It shows vcruntime140.dll error.
    Which version of Sachesi works with Windows 10 or how to rectify that error. Please help!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 09:58 PM
    Thanks for the warm gesture. I've downloaded the ART files n Sachesi 2.0.3 but it's not working with Windows 10. Unable to install it. It shows vcruntime140.dll error.
    Which version of Sachesi works with Windows 10 or how to rectify that error. Please help!

Posted via CB10
    As stated before, download the 32 bit version of this:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=3uxkPB_a
    01-29-16 10:00 PM
    I did the factory reset to erase all apps.

When I set up the phone, the phone automatically installed apps such as Evernote, Linkedin, and Rogers carrier apps. Aren't they Android apps anyways, and I run into the same issue even with the factory reset?
    01-30-16 12:07 AM
    I did the factory reset to erase all apps.

When I set up the phone, the phone automatically installed apps such as Evernote, Linkedin, and Rogers carrier apps. Aren't they Android apps anyways, and I run into the same issue even with the factory reset?
    Evernote and LinkedIn are native. However you are correct that you still can't delete any android apps until you downgrade the Runtime.
    01-30-16 12:09 AM
    Thanks K_Putock for posting that alternative. Appreciated.

Regards

James

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 02:17 AM
    Cobalt you the man.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-30-16 08:04 AM
    Thanks K_Putock for posting that alternative. Appreciated.

Regards

James

Posted via CB10
    No problem! :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:58 AM
    I had uninstalled the ported app from Blackberry world because it had become unstable & outdated. When I went to the playstore to install the Waze app it showed as an update & wouldn't let me install it.

This method worked great for me! I installed the large BAR file first & then the small BAR file, performed a hard reset & waited for 10 mins for the phone to settle in! Opened play store to install Waze app and it showed as an update not an install, clicked on it anyway it downloaded the file, installed it and when it was done the open box in the upper right corner appeared clicked on it & I was able to set it up.

I used the Waze app on my way to work, 1 hour drive & worked great no more freezing, can't find the server errors. I used a MS windows 10 machine for this.
    24 Hours later Waze app works flawlessly, PicPac stop motion works properly now no freezing while viewing stop motion video! Before I tried this method I downloaded the ART files n Sachesi 2.0.3 32 bit version, but it's not working with Windows 10. Unable to install it. It shows vcruntime140.dll error. I turned off OS automatic updates & now get Email notification of software release 10.3.2.2836-size 85MB. This also helps verify that the sideload method works for Win 10.
    01-30-16 03:43 PM
    With 2876 & 2813 ART Sachesi'd on, when 2879 or other comes along finally OTA, will it supersede what I have or will I hafta put on 2879 first & then the next one? Should I downgrade the whole thing to 2813 to avoid 2879 altogether. Am getting nags now. Will the nag refresh to the latest? On Passport OG.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 03:53 PM
    With 2876 & 2813 ART Sachesi'd on, when 2879 or other comes along finally OTA, will it supersede what I have or will I hafta put on 2879 first & then the next one? Should I downgrade the whole thing to 2813 to avoid 2879 altogether. Am getting nags now. Will the nag refresh to the latest? On Passport OG.

Posted via CB10
    If you have auto updates turned on, the first small 'nag' you would see is for replacing the runtime files only. If an official update from your carrier gets released, the auto update nag will be much larger for the full OS update to the next version. The auto update will always only push the latest carrier supported files.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 06:37 PM
892 ... 1112131415 ...