Last 48 hrs

OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis-img_20161031_114518.png
    OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis-img_20161031_114611.png

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 01:16 AM
    From device monitor, is there anyway to check if battery has issues?

For example if battery has some issues, I think we should see unexpected raise in battery percent in system?

Attachment 411003
    Attachment 411004

After 2 and half hous, 30 percent of juice was consumed as attached above

Not sure if it is normal

If someone can give me any clue if it is battery issue, then I can buy a new one

But I don't want to waste money unnecessarily

Posted via CB10
    Check your battery health through the BBVE app
    10-31-16 09:53 AM
    Hope the OS10 matures to go alone, or get side load which could be shed like a ballast weight
    12-20-16 09:41 AM
    Hi. I have an interesting issue:
    Using the "latest" OS release (2836) I uninstalled an Android app (CityMaps2Go) installed via Amazon Store. Later I tried to install it again. That did not work for some reason but since then I have a running "Installing" in Amazon which cannot be cancelled. And while other Amazon apps could be installed, Snap installations stopped working. Later Snap (2.9.x) stopped working at all. Even later I found this thread and using Mobile Network app I found out that CityMaps2Go app was still on my system, though not visible via other means. I managed to uninstall it via Mobile Network app and also installed the latest Snap (3.0.0.4). Now installations via Snap works again, BUT CityMaps2Go is still in "Installing" state as seen in Amazon Store app without any way to cancel it. :-(
    Any ideas what can be done about it, please? Thanks.
    01-10-17 03:46 AM
    It's no longer exist anymore. Could u tell me where to find it ?
    01-25-17 05:44 AM
    It's no longer exist anymore. Could u tell me where to find please ?
    01-25-17 05:48 AM
    Was this fixed in v10.3.3?
    03-26-17 04:27 PM
    Was this fixed in v10.3.3?
    Yes.

Joel
    03-27-17 08:38 AM
    It's no longer exist anymore. Could u tell me where to find please ?
    This thread talks about a bunch of different things,. What no longer exists?

Joel
    03-27-17 08:41 AM
    Yes.

Joel
    After reading the extensive issues users have experienced with the 10.3.3 it's made me weary of updating. It's a damn shame the update wasn't in 10.3.2x.
    03-28-17 09:59 PM
    After reading the extensive issues users have experienced with the 10.3.3 it's made me weary of updating. It's a damn shame the update wasn't in 10.3.2x.
    BlackBerry fixed the Android Runtime issue in 10.3.2 back in February with a BlackBerry World patch.
    03-28-17 10:06 PM
    03-28-17 10:07 PM
    BlackBerry fixed the Android Runtime issue in 10.3.2 back in February with a BlackBerry World patch.
    This KB article mentions that 10.3.2.2876 was affected with the uninstallation issue though, and that was the last 10.3.2.x version released AFAIK. Am I missing something?
    03-28-17 10:17 PM
    This KB article mentions that 10.3.2.2876 was affected with the uninstallation issue though, and that was the last 10.3.2.x version released AFAIK. Am I missing something?
    You're missing that it was fixed in the same KB article.
    03-28-17 10:37 PM
    You're missing that it was fixed in the same KB article.
    You're right, sorry. On first glance assumed it was suggesting to update the OS but it's a standalone fix available from the AppWorld. Appreciated!
    03-28-17 10:57 PM
    hello.
    on the bb website they say: Update the BlackBerry Runtime for Android on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

To update the BlackBerry Runtime for Android, visit the following URL from the browser of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone..

but the link doesn't work anymore, i also searched for BlackBerry Runtime for Android in BlackBerry World, there's nothing there, anyone?
    03-30-17 04:31 AM
    hello.
    on the bb website they say: Update the BlackBerry Runtime for Android on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

To update the BlackBerry Runtime for Android, visit the following URL from the browser of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone..

but the link doesn't work anymore, i also searched for BlackBerry Runtime for Android in BlackBerry World, there's nothing there, anyone?
    The link is still good.

Make sure your BB10 browser is not in desktop mode.
    03-30-17 06:47 AM
    my bad, i didn't read "visit the following URL from the browser of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone" and i was trying over and over from my pc
    thanks for the reply.
    03-30-17 07:50 AM
    Just to be sure this doesn't affect 10.3.2.2639 (OS version not software release), only the 10.3.2.2876 (OS version) correct?

Bought a Passport which had this version on it already and just wanted to double-check whether this version exhibits the issue or not before installing any future Android apps on the device.

(I'm getting the OS version information via the Blackberry Virtual Assistant app)
    04-05-17 06:20 AM
    Just to be sure this doesn't affect 10.3.2.2639 (OS version not software release), only the 10.3.2.2876 (OS version) correct?

Bought a Passport which had this version on it already and just wanted to double-check whether this version exhibits the issue or not before installing any future Android apps on the device.

(I'm getting the OS version information via the Blackberry Virtual Assistant app)
    Yep
    04-05-17 06:34 AM
    Hi there

I am on a BlackBerry Classic 10.3.3.1435 and I deleted the whole Android Folder on my device. But the Folder remains and it wont let me delete it.

I was using Cobals Playstore method and I downloaded the file to get the playstore back on my device, but the device tells me everytime I want to install the Cobalts Playstore --> that there is not enough space on my device, but there is plenty of free space.

Also when connecting my classic to the pc via usb, I cant delete the folder.

Please let me know what you guys are thinking...
    Kind regards

Bumpi
    05-11-17 01:59 AM
    My very first time of commenting on the forum and I'll like to share my experience on how I solved the issue of trying to completely uninstall Android apps on my BB 10 device.

Like it has been rightly said above, the issue basically concerns those on BlackBerry 10 version 10.3.2 update. Since I updated to the above version, I've not been able to uninstall unwanted android apps, as a result, my device memory keep reducing.

When you click on the link (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918) on the website, it will redirect you to appworld where you will need to download and install Blackberry Runtime for Android update. After the update, do not open, close and restart your phone and there you go. You'll be able to uninstall unwanted android apps.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by zocster; 06-07-17 at 12:44 PM. Reason: removed outside linkage
    06-07-17 09:32 AM
    My very first time of commenting on the forum and I'll like to share my experience on how I solved the issue of trying to completely uninstall Android apps on my BB 10 device.

Like it has been rightly said above, the issue basically concerns those on BlackBerry 10 version 10.3.2 update. Since I updated to the above version, I've not been able to uninstall unwanted android apps, as a result, my device memory keep reducing.

When you click on the link (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918) on the website, it will redirect you to appworld where you will need to download and install Blackberry Runtime for Android update. After the update, do not open, close and restart your phone and there you go. You'll be able to uninstall unwanted android apps.
    Thanks.
    Hi, I have removed outside linkage on your post.
    06-07-17 12:45 PM
    do not open, close and restart your phone and there you go. You'll be able to uninstall unwanted android apps.
    Not correct. After the update you do NOT OPEN, but you DO CLOSE and then you are supposed to restart your device. It may or may not work properly if you don't restart. After the restart you should leave your device alone for 10-15 minutes to allow the runtime to initiate.
    06-07-17 12:52 PM
    Just to share my experience...

Just bought a new Passport SE, and as soon as I've finished setup, I updated the phone (totally oblivious to the problem described in this thread).
    Did the standard things... Installed PlayStore (newer version provided by Cobalt), and installed Viber that BBOS10 can't run (I'm guessing that this version of the Store can't recognize the device as an 4.3 Android device).
    When I uninstalled Viber, I tried to install Viber 5.6 and the problem occurred.
    BlackBerry's solution worked in my case...

Here are the steps:
    1. Open this link in your PHONE BROWSER:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

2. Install the update (I tapped on Open, but closed it immediately) and RESTART the phone

3. Uninstall problematic app through PlayStore (I couldn't get rid of Viber 7.x through deleting it on the home screen in BBOS)

4. Install what you like from the PlayStore (Well, not exactly, but you get my point )

Good luck, guys!
    Last edited by trx88; 11-01-17 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Additional information
    11-01-17 05:51 PM
892 ... 33343536