Tragically confused here, head is swimming after grinding through the whole thread.

BlackBerry Classic
    Software Release 10.3.2.2474
    OS Version 10.3.2.2639
    Build ID 857461
    Android Player 10.3.2.2639
    BlackBerry Runtime Installed Version 10.3.2.371
    Installed BlackBerry GoogleID, Google Account, Playstore

I am having the issue with one particular android app - "Yahoo Fantasy Sports". Installed, used, features disappeared, uninstalled, reinstalled, used, features disappeared, uninstalled, reinstalled... Rinse repeat.

Was also having the "System Storage Eats-All-Space" problem. Somewhere during this, I was not able to reinstall the app.

Eventually, did a factory reset. Definitely solved the System Storage problem. Installed the updated ART. Tried reinstalling the sports app. "Cannot install this app" message. Installed Ghost Commander.

Could not find any evidence in GoogleID or Ghost Commander of the app. App does not show as "installed" from Playstore app.

However, I eventually accessed google play through the browser at

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...football&hl=en

... and low and behold, instead of an "install" button, the button says "Installed". Clicking on this opens a pop-up with a grayed out install option, which says "this app is already installed on your device". Charming.

So - it sounds like I've run into the illusionary-delete problem, but I'm not really sure.

Given that I have the updated ART, I'm unsure how to proceed. I've read posts 1 and 6 (in particular). I confess that I'm a bit overwhelmed with information. The only installation of Android apps I've done is simply opening an apk file. So when there have been references to "sideloading", I'm unsure how to proceed. A pointer to an easy reference would be really appreciated. A I said, I'm in overload mode.

I gather that Sarchesi (?) is a program, installed on a desktop/laptop (i.e. not my BB) which facilitates... sideloading?

Since I had done a factory reset, and the "Cannot Install This App" problem and the "Installed" status of the app in browser-Playstore have persisted, I'm wondering I I'm encountering a different problem.

I would dearly appreciate some guidance a advice. This is makin me bananas.
    08-25-16 02:19 AM
    awww.. I have tried everything over several days an still can't get these files installed.. My mac wont' open .rar files, I downloaded an extractor and Sachesi is still saying the files are uninstallable.. jeesh.. so much trouble to get the android stuff to work, I wish blackberry would just fix their own OS so we didn't have to do all this!
    arnaudarnaud likes this.
    10-08-16 11:52 AM
    awww.. I have tried everything over several days an still can't get these files installed.. My mac wont' open .rar files, I downloaded an extractor and Sachesi is still saying the files are uninstallable.. jeesh.. so much trouble to get the android stuff to work, I wish blackberry would just fix their own OS so we didn't have to do all this!
    They did fix it. The updated Android Runtime has been available for months.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772
    10-08-16 12:14 PM
    The updated patch didn't fix all phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 12:59 PM
    The updated patch didn't fix all phones.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does.

Only 10.3.2.2876 and 10.3.2888 are affected, and the update fixes it.
    10-08-16 01:20 PM
    Oh my gosh!! Thank you SOOOO MUUCCHHH!!! This has taken me so much time! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Maybe this important tidbit of info. you've shared with me, should be pinned to the top of this 33 page thread somewhere! haha! I've gone through the entire process, and uninstalled the apps that I needed to! I was trying to load snapchat, but that's still not working, BUT, I was able to install Instagram!! Yaay! Thank you again!!!

N
    vimagreg likes this.
    10-08-16 10:06 PM
    Oh my gosh!! Thank you SOOOO MUUCCHHH!!! This has taken me so much time! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Maybe this important tidbit of info. you've shared with me, should be pinned to the top of this 33 page thread somewhere! haha! I've gone through the entire process, and uninstalled the apps that I needed to! I was trying to load snapchat, but that's still not working, BUT, I was able to install Instagram!! Yaay! Thank you again!!!

N
    No problem.

Don't waste your time with Snapchat though, it doesn't work on BB10.
    10-08-16 10:24 PM
    Yes it does.

Finally, Conite, Saves the day! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    adeleilori likes this.
    10-08-16 11:46 PM
    No problem.

Don't waste your time with Snapchat though, it doesn't work on BB10.
    Ha! Ok! I'll see if I can stop! (I hate quitting!)

N
    10-09-16 12:02 AM
    Ha! He did! Thanks again! Grateful for this forum!
    10-09-16 12:03 AM
    No. It doesn't.
    I ran it, exactly as instructed, and my phone is still bugged.

Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 03:28 PM
    No. It doesn't.
    I ran it, exactly as instructed, and my phone is still bugged.

Posted via CB10
    You are having another problem entirely then.

This update fixes the delete bug. Period. Full stop.
    10-11-16 03:44 PM
    None of my Android apps will run, so it seems related to the Android runtime update.

All of the problems began with the OS update - whatever version it was. It seems more reasonable that something rated to the android runtime app is still bugged on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 01:04 PM
    None of my Android apps will run, so it seems related to the Android runtime update.

All of the problems began with the OS update - whatever version it was. It seems more reasonable that something rated to the android runtime app is still bugged on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    What OS version are you currently using?
    10-12-16 01:13 PM
    They did fix it. The updated Android Runtime has been available for months.

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    I tried this link today. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I get the following message - " Unknown item
    The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC ) "
    10-16-16 02:12 PM
    I tried this link today. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I get the following message - " Unknown item
    The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC ) "
    You have to use your BB10 browser with desktop mode turned off.
    10-16-16 06:25 PM
    You have to use your BB10 browser with desktop mode turned off.
    Thank you! I tried that but when I hit the link it just takes me to black berry world. I just checked and my passport is version 10.3.2.2474
    I just assumed it was the versions listed as the android apps I've tried don't work (Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, and Facebook).
    I seemed to have found BB apps for messenger and Facebook (FaceIM and Facebox) but would really like to get a version of WhatsApp that will continue working past the end of the year.

Appreciate your help!
    10-16-16 06:50 PM
    Thank you! I tried that but when I hit the link it just takes me to black berry world. I just checked and my passport is version 10.3.2.2474
    I just assumed it was the versions listed as the android apps I've tried don't work (Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, and Facebook).
    I seemed to have found BB apps for messenger and Facebook (FaceIM and Facebox) but would really like to get a version of WhatsApp that will continue working past the end of the year.

Appreciate your help!
    You have to go back quite a way for working Facebook Android apps:

Facebook 29.0.0.23.13:
    http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/44263/

Messenger 25.0.0.17.14:
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/faceboo...-apk-download/

WhatsApp's most recent version will work, but it's clunky on BB10. You need to pre-process media in order to send it.
    10-16-16 07:08 PM
    You have to go back quite a way for working Facebook Android apps:

Facebook 29.0.0.23.13:
    http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/44263/

Messenger 25.0.0.17.14:
    Facebook Messenger 25.0.0.17.14 (arm) (480-640dpi) (Android 4.0+) APK Download by Facebook - APKMirror

WhatsApp's most recent version will work, but it's clunky on BB10. You need to pre-process media in order to send it.
    Thanks again for your help. Seems I'm in a bit of a pickle. As I mentioned my BB Passport is version 10.3.2.2474.
    I've deleted the newer versions of Facebook and Facebook messenger. I've held the icons, and then hit the garbage bin, I've also gone into the android folder and deleted them but when I download the apk's that you've kindly supplied above, I get the message " a newer version is already installed, delete and try again". Seems I have the same problem as others even though I have a different version. And this link
    :Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    just takes me to the blackberry app store even with desktop mode turned off. Really not sure what to do now.

Thanks again for any assistance!
    10-16-16 10:08 PM
    Thanks again for your help. Seems I'm in a bit of a pickle. As I mentioned my BB Passport is version 10.3.2.2474.
    I've deleted the newer versions of Facebook and Facebook messenger. I've held the icons, and then hit the garbage bin, I've also gone into the android folder and deleted them but when I download the apk's that you've kindly supplied above, I get the message " a newer version is already installed, delete and try again". Seems I have the same problem as others even though I have a different version. And this link
    :Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    just takes me to the blackberry app store even with desktop mode turned off. Really not sure what to do now.

Thanks again for any assistance!
    The delete bug ONLY affects 2876 (2836) and 2888 (2848).

Download Ghost Commander from BBW and delete the old apps from there.
    10-16-16 11:56 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;12629188]The delete bug ONLY affects 2876 (2836) and 2888 (2848).

Download Ghost Commander from BBW and delete the old apps from there.[/QUOTED

Downloaded Ghost Commander, deleted and installed the version you linked. Works like a charm!

Thank you for all your help! Really appreciate it!
    10-17-16 02:59 PM
    Thank you so much for the Mobile Network app. After spending countless hours trying to uninstall an Adroid app on my Z30, this worked beautifully. the app is clear, simple, and quick. You are a life-saver!
    10-18-16 10:16 PM
    thanks
    10-20-16 03:25 AM
    Is there any general tip to improve performance of Android run time

I feel sometimes it is good but sometimes it is laggy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-22-16 05:39 AM
    Is there any general tip to improve performance of Android run time

I feel sometimes it is good but sometimes it is laggy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Just reboot your phone every couple of days to flush out the memory.
    babugaru1 likes this.
    10-22-16 08:10 AM
892 ... 3132333435 ...