Thank you .. all I can say .
    I fell out of the loop are you on conites rolled back more stable run time (is my opinion as a fairly heavy droid user, especially when it comes to voxer, offerup, etc) however it is not to different but it is different I am sure it drains the battery more and hangs with some apk's that it does not with others. I will wait until the newest update is out and see what people say but as of now, if it isn't broken do not fix it and I an grateful to conite for the option even if it is a placebo effect on my end.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 08:15 PM
    So I was a tit on Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2876 and installed the runtime as described but OPENED it and it sat at initializing so I closed it
    Should a restart fix my problem of should I just go and load files from 2813

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 05:50 PM
    [/QUOTE]
    QUICK FIX
    Community member Conite came up with the solution to revert the Android runtime back to the one from 2813. This will fix the issue and Android app will uninstall normally again. It is highly recommended to implement that quick fix and to turn OFF Auto update in Blackberry Software update until a final solution is available.

1. Sideload the two files in this package with Sachesi:
    https://mega.nz/#!9JIhFIyJ!GYnFXMeLD...bjpSCZBeHP1ueQ

2. Turn OFF Autoupdate in Blackberry Settings > Software Update
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for great analysis. This whole android runtime implementation is a pain in the (_._). I would like to add one more possible solution for those who are not tech savvy or do not want to mess with OS (I have 2876 on my phone)

1. Install Ghost Commander (or similar app)
    2. Within this app long press on android app you want to remove and then click Manage
    -> Uninstall from the menu.

The app is now definitely uninstalled without creating problems to bb10 or android runtime.

Q10
    06-12-16 08:41 AM
    or you could go to Blackberry world and download and install the fix they have posted there. Worked for me.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-12-16 09:02 AM
    or you could go to Blackberry world and download and install the fix they have posted there. Worked for me.
    I have an unlocked Passport I bought thru Amazon.com to use on TMOBILE USA. Yesterday, thru my phone I did a security wipe and let it reinstall the OS OTA from where ever it came from. During set up I let it update and OS on my phone is Release=2836, Version 2876, I had the two files that are suppose to allow deletion of Android Apps: sys.android.shell-10.3.2.bar , sys.android-10.3.2.bar. When I used sachesi to install these two bar files and message appeared that said they were already on phone. Now, in addition to that the BlackBerry facebook is also still there. So apparently at this point you can still get it all. PS: when I down load BlackBerry android runtime from BlackBerry World after doing all o the above, download, install, open. Upon opening a screen pops up saying it's initializing and to be patient but that screen never stops so I assume it glitches because two android bar files are already there? Anyone got a comment on this? Stuck on Initialing screen?
    Last edited by mawil1013; 06-12-16 at 10:03 AM.
    06-12-16 09:36 AM
    hey
    i too have the same problem, just ordered my phone and have been trying to follow cobalts steps for play store. everytime i download the required files the apk icon does not show and whenever i select it it says not supported. so i then looked at the fix for android runtime which goes to the initializing and after a minute or so it turns into a question mark. i downloaded sachesi to install an older variant of of software for my passport, but after connecting its no longer allowing me to download the files, really stuck and i really want to make full use of my phone. any tips or ideas to help me out
    06-16-16 02:09 PM
    I clicked the link and I got the following error:

"The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC )"

---

Edit:

Never mind. I found out that your mobile browser can't be set to "desktop mode" when clicking the link. My browser was in Desktop Mode
    06-19-16 04:28 AM
    Don't have a PC. Thinking of going back to a phone with BlackBerry 10.2 since my phone has a couple gigs of junk that doesn't show up anywhere until I go to update and it tells me I don't have enough memory, when data log says I do! Any thoughts on 10.2?

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    06-19-16 11:38 AM
    Don't have a PC. Thinking of going back to a phone with BlackBerry 10.2 since my phone has a couple gigs of junk that doesn't show up anywhere until I go to update and it tells me I don't have enough memory, when data log says I do! Any thoughts on 10.2?

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    10.3.2 will not allow you to load any prior OS because of BlackBerry Protect and anti-theft.

If you don't have access to a computer, then all you can do is try a security wipe on your device to go back to factory settings. If you are on OS2876 (sw2836), you can fix your Runtime by updating it from BBW.

If you've been unable to download the Android Runtime update, try now! http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now

Reboot after installing and wait 10 minutes for the device to settle.
    06-19-16 11:53 AM
    I'm on 10.3.2.556. I can get 10.2 by buying a new Z10 and not upgrading.

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    06-19-16 01:03 PM

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    ......If you can find one. I am not saying it's impossible but it would be a rarity.
    06-19-16 01:12 PM

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    Not sure why you're posting in the OS2876 Runtime bug thread then, but ok. Good luck.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-19-16 01:36 PM
    I'm posting here because I have an amazon appstore I cant delete, and invisible junk taking up several gigs I cant delete. I thought the source of the problem might be the same (?).

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    06-19-16 06:17 PM
    I'm posting here because I have an amazon appstore I cant delete, and invisible junk taking up several gigs I cant delete. I thought the source of the problem might be the same (?).

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    You cannot delete the Amazon Appstore.
    06-19-16 07:33 PM
    so, my brilliant unconscious mind decided to hit the update button... and caused all android app to crash when i tried to open it...

is it possible to sticky this post? Cause it would be help if it's right at the stop and not lost in the thread.

I want to thank Conite for simple instructions on using Sachesi to load. The problem was fixed in like 2min!
    06-23-16 06:48 PM
    I just want to add something that happened due to me accidentally updating the 85MB faulty android runtime update.

So, after using the bar file to downgrade the android runtime, I found that the the apps in Google Play store gave me "Your devices is not supported." After reading some of Cobalt's main threads, I thought I try deleting all 3 file and reinstalling.

IT WORKED!

Uninstalled Google Account, Blackberry GoogleID and PlayStore then reinstalled them in the order they're supposed to. It now shows I can update apps. And even the app that crash is not longer affect.

I hope this finding helps those who ran into similar issues.
    06-25-16 09:02 PM
    I think because my poor english it is difficult for me to understand your help aproppiately: what does it means the 5) line? where are the "unzip the two old Runtime bars linked to in the OP"?

thanks again for helping
    jaime
    06-28-16 08:51 AM
    Didn't work forme, trying to install Sigyc.
    06-28-16 11:08 AM
    I think because my poor english it is difficult for me to understand your help aproppiately: what does it means the 5) line? where are the "unzip the two old Runtime bars linked to in the OP"?

thanks again for helping
    jaime
    Try this method, open the link on your phone and click the appworld link at the bottom of the page,

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

After you install it restart your phone and you'll have the fix.
    06-28-16 12:12 PM
    There is nothing there
    06-28-16 01:05 PM
    There is nothing there
    Have you opened it on your phone?

Try this link specifically,

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918
    06-28-16 04:58 PM
    I couldn't thank you guys enough! Thanks Cobalt232 for that fantastic work of figuring this out. Thanks to Conite for that How to Sideload these Bars for Dummies. And last but not least thanks to ernest for giving that tip to uninstall any attempted uninstalled android apps through Cobalt Mobile Network first!

Sadly the Cobalt Mobile Network isn't avail. anymore using the link given in OP.

I googled it and found this OneDrive hosted APK of it though.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!...&action=locate

Thanks again guys!
    My Passport is up and running as strong as for the last few months!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-03-16 04:49 AM
    Does running Android apps drains the battery faster?? Just curious if anyone has any findings on the matter..

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 10:20 AM
    Does running Android apps drains the battery faster?? Just curious if anyone has any findings on the matter..

Posted via CB10
    Yes if you don't need push notifications turn off run when minimized whenever possible to help a bit if you see them running in the fairly detailed battery sector. I still did not go to 10.3.3 as afraid it will be MORE then just side loading the older FB hub integrated app which works fine on my passport se now with the rolled back run time with zero battery issues. I'm staying put until somebody changes my mind in a big way! Certificate whaat! Haha!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 05:53 AM
    These are the steps:

1. Install " Blackberry Runtime for Android" from BBW
    2. After installation DONT RUN IT JUST restart phone.
    3. Install " Ghost Commander File Manager" FROM BBW
    4. From " Ghost Commander File Manager" menu, press applications.
    5. Long press the application you chose to delete.
    6. From the menu that appears select delete.
    7. A new pop up window will appear and there select uninstall.
    8. Beware to uninstall only android apps that you have previous install and not system default programs from " Ghost Commander File Manager"

I have a Q10 device and it worked. I hope this will work to all BlackBerry devices of the world.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 06:18 AM
892 ... 3031323334 ...