I wonder now if this update will actually be PUSHED by BBW for people on OS2876.

Most people out there have the problem and don't even know it.
    Still the buggy files as of this morning! Did you do the official fix if don't mind me asking?

Steve
    02-26-16 04:36 AM
    Still the buggy files as of this morning! Did you do the official fix if don't mind me asking?

Steve
    I was wondering if BBW was going to push - I'm not referring to the OTA software update.

I'm using the BBW Runtime. So far, so good with my particular mix of Android apps.
    DreadPirateRegan and gfondeur like this.
    02-26-16 04:57 AM
    Finally got the ART downloaded from BBW, no network error. 4 weeks of frustration ended. I was able to uninstall the apps and reinstall the versions I needed, which work.

Sid
    02-26-16 05:04 AM
    So far, so good with my particular mix of Android apps.
    Could not have said it better. It seems to be circumstantial as to what android apps one has as to whether your runtime fix works better then the official. I hope cobalt breaks some blackberryness down to us with which he feels is better and why but I suppose it will still always come back to being case by case as to what Droid apps the users running.

BTW: The new official seems to not want to load kodi or showbox whilst yours does, two apps that do the same sort of thing, hmm. Although there is a thing called coincidence I suppose!
    02-26-16 05:05 AM
    I was wondering if BBW was going to push - I'm not referring to the OTA software update.

I'm using the BBW Runtime. So far, so good with my particular mix of Android apps.
    Conite, did you let the buggy update go through before did official fix or did you do the official over top of your rollback runtime fix?
    02-26-16 05:18 AM
    Conite, did you let the buggy update go through before did official fix or did you do the official over top of your rollback runtime fix?
    It wouldn't make a difference.
    02-26-16 05:44 AM
    It wouldn't make a difference.
    Which did you do? I am sure your miles ahead of me in the QNX department but in case any surprises pop up as we can ALL agree they have in the past, wanted be sure whom did it which way. I an going to do it however you did it..

Also, I am thinking whatever was crashing the runtime before an android app could Uninstall might very well be fixed by the updated BBW fix as it might of been one in the same issue with why kodi does not run - about to find out now!...

BTW: Didn't even know BBW could push still. BlackBerry may also be going under as in the sense of community is more snotty and much less helpful
    ,even downright lazy versus androids! I believed that man at blackberry when he said he only had a few isolated reports of the issue until I told him. He also did not know of CB, well he does now! I love Crackberry but I speak from experience. We as in even I are part to blame with complaining with very little members taken action as like cobalt and b1aze, even if you do not know QNX people could make phone calls, I know I was everyday. The squeakiest wheel gets the grease! "Can't we all just get along!"....

When people ask "silly" or dumb questions to some over on xda somebody still replies to teach them and help then climb the ladder versus the snotty approach! ... JMO
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 02-26-16 at 06:05 AM.
    02-26-16 05:49 AM

After install the BBW update yesterday, today I received an update notification for 57kb don't know what it is, didn't say it, I'm suspicious.
    02-26-16 06:43 AM
    After install the BBW update yesterday, today I received an update notification for 57kb don't know what it is, didn't say it, I'm suspicious.
    I'm getting that as well.
    02-26-16 07:33 AM
    Hm, I'd be to. Maybe the secondary smaller file that comes with run time if the issue only was within the one file originally although conite nay have a bette idea. What OS were you on or are you on as I see people installing runtime whom don't need it but also seeing the reviews in BBW saying lagging their Droid apps I opted to wait and stick with conites method at least until 10.3.3 I out as in if it isn't broke, why try to fix it! I like the rolled back run time! Blackberry taught me one thing and that is to wait!!
    02-26-16 07:33 AM
    I accepted, does not seem to cause any trouble.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    02-26-16 05:29 PM
    See the "Update" thread. It's part of the BBW fix. Download it and it completes the BBW update / fix

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 10:49 PM
    I accepted, does not seem to cause any trouble.
    It's not a bug. It's the fix..

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 10:50 PM
    It's not a bug. It's the fix..

Posted via CB10
    Did the fix, it seems fine. I allowed the buggy to go through first. Also I never got a smaller kb update yet even when checked but I know I worked.

I see the reviews, I think allot of folks whom don't need It are downloading this anyway then blaming BlackBerry!

-Catch
    02-27-16 05:29 AM
    What fix? I have not received any update notification after BBW Runtime update installation.

02-27-16 06:34 AM
    Guess it depends.

The tiny 57 kb update is probably some little config. file or something..

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 07:16 AM
    Guess it depends.

The tiny 57 kb update is probably some little config. file or something..

Posted via CB10
    How long did it take for u to see update for small file after implementing the fix? I am on a SE so OS. 36 you?...

Regardless, all worked perfect even NY showbox and kodi work. Voxer was hanging until I Uninstalled it and reinstalled it which worked Awesome and now smooth as a babies bottom. I love Cobalts tool to open up android dev options and Uninstall that way via a tiny apk in Google play called app drawer as if forge which ones are Droid apps the app drawer (one with the white icon looking blocks) this app shows you and allows you to get right into clear data, cache as well as Uninstall!

To the guy saying showbox does not work, try nine, works fine!

https://app.box.com/s/80vja0uyis004wrrbqb9qy7l5xvn6bx1

Newest version, hope helps!

-Catch22
    02-27-16 08:31 AM
    To the guy saying showbox does not work, try nine, works fine!
    I am still unable to get Show Box working and I have tried the newest version 1.0.0.7. I have tried everything I can think of to get it working but nothing helps.
    02-27-16 08:54 AM
    Sorry for not updated my post earlier, I ran the 57kb update and restarted my phone and everything it's looking good, I did the same to the others bb10 of the house
    02-27-16 09:40 AM
    I am still unable to get Show Box working and I have tried the newest version 1.0.0.7. I have tried everything I can think of to get it working but nothing helps.
    Hm, mine is working fine? Did you try my. Apk? It works on my now officially updated SE passport!
    02-27-16 10:05 AM
    Hm, mine is working fine? Did you try my. Apk? It works on my now officially updated SE passport!
    Yes, I did. I get an error of "none of the files were installable" when I try your apk with Sachesi. I have tried it several times. The file seems to download fine and is 20.2mb (which is what it should be), but it just refuses to install. I have Show Box working fine on my spare z10 running .2813 android bar files. And it is the same version of Show Box. It will not run on either my Passport or z10 with the new ART. Go figure! A mystery!

EDIT: note to self--you cannot sideload an apk with Sachesi---I don't know why I posted that!
    Last edited by brookie229; 02-27-16 at 10:35 AM.
    02-27-16 10:17 AM
    Yes, I did. I get an error of "none of the files were installable" when I try your apk with Sachesi.
    You can't sideload an Android app. What are you up to with Sachesi?
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-27-16 10:30 AM
    You can't sideload an Android app. What are you up to with Sachesi?
    OMG did I say that? lol----I did NOT mean Sachesi----losing it!
    02-27-16 10:33 AM
    Lol.
    02-27-16 10:39 AM
    It has to be something as in still files installed from the bug issue as in showbox files maybe? Mine installed and works flawless! Can get Cobalts mobile network apk then an app called app drawer In Google play tiny and free which since android will only show Droid ap installed and it helped me out allot as showed me that I had to delete a few I thought were fully Uninstaller but we're not, maybe that is why as I assure you it works on my pasport SE after update, before did not try it only kodi which also works. If get the app drawer It is the one with the white blocks as an icon that looks like typical android style drawer. Hold in showbox if it somehow shows up select info which takes to Cobalts app and you can easily clear data and cache as well as Uninstall. Surely you cab do it without this app drawer, I just found it perfect for the situation! I hope you cab figure it out, wish I could help out more!

Here it is:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.appdrawer

The first apk tool I'm sure you have already I find this method so easy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12207106

Don't give up, it works just a missing like somewhere night have to do a factory reset as it does work I cab verify for you!

Good Luck, Catch
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-27-16 10:54 AM
892 ... 2728293031 ...