I have not deleting any, what if you update an android app?
    You may OR may not have problems. I have found some android apps just do not work and crash constantly. It is best to swap out the 2 runtime .bar files from the .2813 OS.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    02-23-16 01:48 PM
    Great advice, setup now but this method do I uninstall the old ones first or just upload new and it will auto replace them as unlike saschi it does not have the option to uncheck only new.

These are the two I want to replace, they seem like diff versions on my se as in not reading from 36 but guess runtimes has different numbers at the end then the actual OS, just wondering because I never tried to delete an app just assumed I am effected and just got my PP SE so was wondering did they actually fix the auto update already, doubtful but just checking.

So, drag and drop and load, restart,turn off auto update which is already off or anything special like deleting these files below or any?

sys.android 10.3.2.348 160 MB websl
    sys.android.shell 10.3.2.348 81 kB websl

10.3.2.348??? Is this the buggy runtime for the SE?

That are existing now?

HELP, WANT TO PRESS THAT BUTTON!

less important: I only updated one app ever, kodi which I will delete when fixed and reinstall, will that leave original kodi taken up emmt space from the update as did not uninstall just updated, if so will live with that if keeps me from having to do everything over, thanks for the tip, please let me know the specifics so I can proceed here.
    02-23-16 01:54 PM
    You may OR may not have problems. I have found some android apps just do not work and crash constantly. It is best to swap out the 2 runtime .bar files from the .2813 OS.
    Thanks for the quickie response, do you happen to know the answer to my question above this post regarding using chrome extension as saschi is out of question for me, will not run on windows 10! I am setup and ready to go but do not know whether to delete first or...
    02-23-16 01:56 PM
    ABORT? This is what I get in BB10 Chrome extension when drag and drop:

Install Debug Token sys.android-10.3.2.231.bar: abort
    result::abort
    Install Apps Logs (2) Launch after install
    Drag and drop files here to install
    02-23-16 02:21 PM
    IS THIS A GOOD THING?

REBOOT AND HAPPY DELETING?

Install logs: All (2) Success (2) | Clear Logs
    Install sys.android.shell-10.3.2.231.bar: success
    Install sys.android-10.3.2.231.bar: success
    02-23-16 02:32 PM
    IS THIS A GOOD THING?

REBOOT AND HAPPY DELETING?

Install logs: All (2) Success (2) | Clear Logs
    Install sys.android.shell-10.3.2.231.bar: success
    Install sys.android-10.3.2.231.bar: success
    Yep, you got it. Just reboot and start up an android app. You will see a green line progressing across your screen and it may take 5 minutes to complete, depending on how many android apps you have installed. Once that completes the ART is good to go.
    02-23-16 02:44 PM
    Thank you for the reply, trying it now. Tidbit: It did not try to update me to the new one like some but I made sure I turned mine off prior to doing this fix. Very happy after I see android apps work as good or better, will move onto deleting that one app that was not working aka kodi. I updated it once, when I delete it - it may still take up space or will prob get it now with the new runtime or should I say old functional runtime .bars?

Thanks again to everybody who helped me out, Catch22
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-23-16 03:26 PM
    Holy crap, the Kodi 16.0 that was not working under the "updated runtime" that I wanted to delete mysteriously works flawless as does everything else now, even faster. I do not think I will accept another update from Blackberry again. I will stay just like I am as everything working great now. So, now no need to even delete anything but also since its running I know I did it properly I suspect even under the bb10/playbook for chrome I did it with just auto replaces the runtime files with the older ones.

PS: ANYBODY DOUBTING TO DO THIS FIX, DO IT!
    If the download for the official runtime started to work, I would not even do it.
    02-23-16 03:40 PM

PS: Shouldn't this threads name include the other silver edition's effected buggy os which is the same as 76 so folks do not get confused not realizing that they are one in the same? .
    Moot point now since you have already installed the fix but just want to clarify the confusion you have had with OS numbers...

2876 is the OS version. 2836 is the software release number for that specific OS.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying a functional device.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 04:37 PM
    Moot point now since you have already installed the fix but just want to clarify the confusion you have had with OS numbers...

2876 is the OS version. 2836 is the software release number for that specific OS.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying a functional device.

Posted via CB10
    Thank You and yes for me it is, but I was thinking of others (future proofing) whom may stumble into the same issue as people are still indeed purchasing se passports on a daily basis and will have an easier way of finding this out and adhere from doing the buggy runtime update as onto .36 (a.k.a. 78 on OG Passports) with their new SE's either - like I did. Now, To install google play services or not to?

Thanks Again, Catch

BTW: I am getting no nag screen like others say they are getting even with auto updates off, my auto update was shut off prior to the 'fix".. do not know why some get it, some do not, I feel blessed,
    02-24-16 03:15 AM
    My only problem with this update is Showbox not working. I need it for my daily travels

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    02-24-16 04:36 AM
    My only problem with this update is Showbox not working. I need it for my daily travels

With installing the old run-time that lets you delete apps or you mean with the new buggy run-time that does not let you delete app's? I find apps smoother on this older run-time, kodi did not even work until I downgraded. Depending what you mean, suppose it will always be a case by case situation, did you try different versions. The new Kodi is out and working via google-play, way better then show-box once setup!
    02-24-16 05:07 AM
    With installing the old run-time that lets you delete apps or you mean with the new buggy run-time that does not let you delete app's? I find apps smoother on this older run-time, kodi did not even work until I downgraded. Depending what you mean, suppose it will always be a case by case situation, did you try different versions. The new Kodi is out and working via google-play, way better then show-box once setup!
    The runtime from 2801 works but the updated runtime on BlackBerry World ( I am one of the few who can download it) also works (deleting apps) but Showbox does not. It crashes all the time

BTW, how did you get Kodi to work? I can't get it to work on my Z30.

02-24-16 05:11 AM
    Where are intall logs to be found on Passport to see the ART version installed?
    02-24-16 09:46 AM

Try MovieHD. It is faster than Showbox, the UI is nicer and works beautifully. I also have Kodi on my z10 and Passport but I much prefer MovieHD.
    02-24-16 10:28 AM
    This still isn't fixed?

Proof that all BlackBerry are doing with BB10 now is adding some obscure certification so that they can sell the remaining stock to European governments.

Sad.
    02-24-16 10:39 AM
    I have always had auto updates off but after I downgraded the runtime the daily upgrade notifications began. Minor nuisance. Like the frequent Google Play Music "Google Play Services Error" notification even though it is working.
    02-24-16 12:16 PM
    Thank you. Worked for my BB Leap
    02-24-16 01:46 PM
    Where are intall logs to be found on Passport to see the ART version installed?
    Open your browser and type:

file:///pps/system/installer/registeredapps/

Open files `applications' (.001) and search "sys.android"

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 05:02 PM
    I been on this like flies to ****! Maybe fixed now however do not trust it so staying with Cobalts suggestion of rolling back! I received this notice today in MY HUB!...

Tip: after speaking to them, politely say how helpful they been (even if you don't mean it) and ask for their customer I.d. Number to "give them a great review" and it seems to work! I need more people to help and call versus complaining as in if you did not call least once do not complain because the squeakiest wheel get the grease! Here is what I received in my hub after 5 missed calls in a row so they did call back! They do not have enough knowledge of this issue, I blame us now honestly as crackberry is superb but blackberry is who can fully correct it! ... CALL

Non generic Email from Blackberry below:

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

I tried to call you at your mobile phone number earlier, but I'm being routed to your voicemail after some rings.

Our technical analyst provided information about the issue that you are having in regards to downloading the Android Run Time update from BlackBerry World. This problem is an ongoing issue right now when downloading applications from BlackBerry World, including the Android Run Time update.

Sadly, there is no time frame provided on when this will be resolved. They suggest that you can check the link for the Android Run Time from time to time.

If you require further assistance, please contact us at 1-866-957-0761, option 9, or you can reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Zel

BlackBerry Customer Support
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +11-647-426-1108*

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:01 AM
    Open your browser and type:

file:///pps/system/installer/registeredapps/

Open files `applications' (.001) and search "sys.android"

Posted via CB10
    Can you please tell us what runtime you now have is it rolled back runtime or an updated version of the release for 36 and 78 that allows you to delete android apps without the emulation crashing? Did you check, these questions are important. Please help us out!...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:13 AM

Where is a safe spot to snag the showbox. Apk? Sorry for the partial off topic but will try with the rolled back run time. We also need to know if it works as in the official fix from blackberry with somebody who already patched it Cobalts method then was able to download the official fix! I know the newer buggy Runtime did not run kodi 16 however when I rolled back the .Bars myself via chromes bb10 tool - it ran, that told me the crackberry fix or rub time (.13) is better for now until we get some more info like the questions above answered! ....

BTW: on rolled back run time and no nag to upgrade yet my auto updated been off from nearly the start however I realize for some odd reason this seems to be a case by case issue so maybe it depends what method you chose to overwrite the. Bars as odd as that sounds, what else can it be??

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:19 AM
    Can you please tell us what runtime you now have is it rolled back runtime or an updated version of the release for 36 and 78 that allows you to delete android apps without the emulation crashing? Did you check, these questions are important. Please help us out!...

Posted via CB10
    Look. I'm not sure what you're on about.

If you're on OS 2876 (sw 2836), then either roll back the Runtime to OS 2813, or wait for the update from BBW.

If you don't like the new update from BBW (when or if you ever get it), then roll back again to 2813.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-25-16 06:23 AM
    Look. I'm not sure what you're on about.

If you're on OS 2876 (sw 2836), then either roll back the Runtime to OS 2813, or wait for the update from BBW.

If you don't like the new update from BBW (when or if you ever get it), then roll back again to 2813.
    As respected as you are and how much I appreciate what you have done, thank you, please read my post Above as your mistaken. I am "on about nothing" just prefer to help and if that is making noise then so be it. Please refer to my other above posts I've already rolled back but still prefer to help speed the process as even you said when you figured out the fix as you say now, it's a temp.

Have a good day, Steve

BTW: With what you quoted of mine I wanted to know via the gentleman who snagged the official run time update from bbw what .bars he now has as in how did they decide to fix it! I bet I an not alone in this to decide what route to go! As mentioned above, I could not say if I like the new update!
    I do understand everything now regarding 36 and 78 as you helped enlighten me in a prior post, thanks again!
    Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:28 AM
    The runtime from 2801 works but the updated runtime on BlackBerry World ( I am one of the few who can download it) also works (deleting apps) but Showbox does not. It crashes all the time

BTW, how did you get Kodi to work? I can't get it to work on my Z30.

The new kodi 16 works via Google play with doing conites fix here as In rolling them back to 13 yourself. So far seems the most stable from what I've seen and heard.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:40 AM
892 ... 2526272829 ...