I tested this but apps automatically exit when I tap to uninstall an app. It does nt work properly

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 10:05 AM
    I tested this but apps automatically exit when I tap to uninstall an app. It does nt work properly

Posted via CB10
    You didn't follow the instructions properly then.
    jzajac and gfondeur like this.
    02-20-16 10:39 AM
    I'm on Rogers in Saskatchewan and this update still hasn't been pushed out to my Z30, or my wife's Classic, or my Son's Z10. Are some networks holding back the update because of the bug with the Android runtime? We're all still on 2474, and when I run a check for updates, it tells me I have the latest version installed.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 12:32 PM
    I'm on Rogers in Saskatchewan and this update still hasn't been pushed out to my Z30, or my wife's Classic, or my Son's Z10. Are some networks holding back the update because of the bug with the Android runtime? We're all still on 2474, and when I run a check for updates, it tells me I have the latest version installed.

Posted via CB10
    The Canadian carriers simply don't see the need to push it when they already have something relatively new out that is working well. They are probably right.

This release was mainly for factory-unlocked devices, and for some carriers that were using much older OSes.
    02-20-16 12:57 PM
    Those who did not receive 2876 aee fortunate. Turn auto update off & wait for 10.3.x t arrive & s reports of goodness on CB...
    02-20-16 01:15 PM
    Hi CatchTwentyTwo,

That's a good point about the "not-uninstalled-properly" Apps. and whether they are *still* affecting anything else by running in the background.

My own understanding of the situation is that you are correct, and in essence, the application(s) is removed, and it's running instance is stopped, as per this line in Post #1 from Colbalt22;

..and then the process fails at the point where an attempt is made to delete the application directory and /or the files that relate to that application. That leaves the files in-situ taking up space, but as the application is not running, it's not using CPU nor RAM. I'm assuming here too that as part of the (any?) installation, there is some "log" of what is installed (much like in Windows) , and this is used to then remove everything that was installed, changed, amended etc. by the application as part of that uninstall process.

Saying that, Windows users such as myself will know just how unreliable any uninstall routine can be...

Getting back on topic, I would hope that any part of an application / installation that contained routines for "auto-start" on reboot or similar "start at boot" / "start at 9am every day" etc. processes is being removed correctly, otherwise I'm sure Colbalt22 and Co. would have caught this as part of the analysis. I don't see any evidence of anything obvious in the code snippet in post #1 along the lines of "Check and clear registry keys "run" and "runonce", to paraphrase Windows again, but that may well just have been left out for brevity.

What would be good is that if someone who has the bugged runtime installed (such as yourself?), along with at least one application they've attempted to remove, can check to see if the application is still present in the "running applications" list that you can get to view via "Device Monitor" / "CPU", especially following a reboot of the phone / device.

I know that two of my applications I have installed "BeBuzz 10 Pro" and "BlockIt" are both "persistent", in that they run automatically on restart of the phone ("headless"?), and if I had not downgraded myself, I could have tried uninstalling one of those, rebooted the phone, then checked to see if they we indeed present and still running, and therefore possibly using resources (are they "Idle", for example?).

If anyone can say for definate that the "call(s)" / "page(s)" to the uninstalled, but still present, applications are indeed removed correctly, we'd all appreciate it.. or if someone can test / check this by looking for any uninstalled, but still running applications where they are using the bugged runtime, or even installing a known persistent-after-reboot application, uninstalling it, and checking in the same way after a reboot it would be really appreciated.

Regards

James
    James, I know cobalt said it but can not remember and do not have the energy to track it down again, at least i think he did. I downloaded kodi.apk which usually always works, got the new Jarvis and first app not working, ugh. Anyway, on bugged run-time but google-play says update which may downgrade me to the working one, when upgrading or in this case downgrading, does it overwrite and not leave a useless app or space used up? I suppose the new Kodi is not for Jelly bean finally, hmm. In either case, hoping for a reply so I know how to proceed. Thanks, STEVE
    02-20-16 03:15 PM
    The only sure way to avoid it is to turn off automatic updates BEFORE you downgrade the Runtime.

So you may want to allow the update to happen, then turn off automatic updates, then downgrade again.
    Hi
    I get that, and my automatic software update is off, but I'm getting notification to update software which I don't want to do it. I just want to get rid of notification about update if it's possible, somehow... or I'm stuck with "remind me later" option
    Kind Regards
    Aleksandar

Blackberry Z30 with broken screen
    (New screen arriving Monday
    02-20-16 04:44 PM
    Hi
    I get that, and my automatic software update is off, but I'm getting notification to update software which I don't want to do it. I just want to get rid of notification about update if it's possible, somehow... or I'm stuck with "remind me later" option
    Kind Regards
    Aleksandar

I already answered the question. You just quoted the solution.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-20-16 04:52 PM
    I already answered the question. You just quoted the solution.
    I did everything like you said but I'm still getting notifications.... but... maybe I mess something so I'll do it again and see what is going to be.... Thanks
    Kind Regards
    Aleksandar

02-20-16 05:19 PM
    Anybody know what would happen in theory if I deleted the newer Kodi and then reinstalled the older Kodi (15.1) I know works versus the new Jarvis? Would it over write it or would I still have that 59mb wasted space from the bug blackberry still has yet to fix but yet still pushing the updates is what gets me even though they confirmed to know about it now. WOW! Or, maybe I had a bad install, if uninstall it (which would not really uninstall it) and reinstall and it still does not work and I then left with 2 x 59mb wasted space or just the original? As of now I am sitting on the version not working hoping for another update via google-play that corrects it. My money is on Kodi fixing-it before blackberry fixing their bug. Anybody have Jarvis working on passport or any BB10 device? This bug sucks I am about to send my SE back I just got and tell them they broke my run-time which is part of bb10 for a replacement but I swore it forced the-update upon me even when I clicked cancel! I know if I do the fix, I will be doing it Cobalts way but this is the last app I need so a shame to even have to bother if can get this going, I am good to go while I wait a few more years with everyone else for 10.3.x :P

BTW: Did anybody else pay special close attention to what Cobalts said in post 1 that blackberry said when they addressed it? Wipe your device and "do not install any more android apps to fix the issue!" WTF does that mean? I am started to be a doubting thomas myself with some of the others on here, it all is leaning that way but if they did this on purpose, that is the worst ever. We all know BB10 is gone in a matter of time, they should least let us go with a bang, surprised us, update our run-time to lollipop and cut ties, we will be good for years after that! What a great OS, the best indeed that just did not have the proper people creating apps as to late to the game nor the proper advertising. #BB10 Forever!...

It is looking grim and I hope I am wrong but .......

Why is this not fixed by now whilst waiting to release 10.3.x, do not get it, its easy for them to send a patch/fix and most of all stop forcing the update on people spending nearing $600.00 on a brand new SE Passport out the box, that is what makes it seem intentional but then again, what would they gain out of it except eaten up our emmt drives had cobalt not spotted it? Thank god for him yet again.

I think they just want to unload the rest of their PP stocks or all BB10 device stocks and then get rid of the run-time but hope I am wrong. My SE came with the amazon app store, end of story, hence; why I bought it. :X

Look at the BB Classic, same processor (still an awesome device) as the q-10 so like a q-10 with not as good of a screen except the fact its larger and the same everything minus tool belt and larger keys. That was left over stock for sure!!!!!!!!

I really hope they have a nice surprise in store for us at the very end as in release some type of something "good" for once, go out with a good bang, not a bad one. There have been so many people who have been so loyal through thick and thin (cough, cough playbook, cough, cough) so we shall see. Ah, I am just aggravated. Maybe I should just do the 'fix" on my brand new $600.00 device.

-Catch22
    02-20-16 05:43 PM
    Does anyone know how to use sachesi in ubuntu? Mine doesn't have a option to choose from windows, Mac, and auto so what should I do?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ali Denver; 02-20-16 at 08:40 PM.
    02-20-16 07:51 PM
    Does anyone know how to use sachesi in ubuntu? My passport doesn't have a option to choose from windows, Mac, and auto so what should I do?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 08:43 PM
    The only sure way to avoid it is to turn off automatic updates BEFORE you downgrade the Runtime.

So you may want to allow the update to happen, then turn off automatic updates, then downgrade again.
    Hi Conite.

First: Supreme thanks for all that you've done and are doing.

Second: I have always had update turned off on my device, as a matter of course. In spite of that, I double checked before downgrading the Runtime.

Still, I get the nag every few days.

I'm living with it.

Unlocked from BlackBerry 
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Fido Network

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:52 PM
    I have run this fix from blackberry and it now works perfectly.
    https:// appworld. blackberry. com/webstore/content/39879918

I can now download the app from google apps.
    copy it from the phones downlads folder to my pc.
    Uninstall the app from my phone.
    Patch the app and upload it to phone and can install and run
    02-21-16 12:20 AM
    continue without download android runtime fix from appworld. :-/
    02-21-16 02:12 AM
    Does anyone know how to use sachesi in ubuntu? My passport doesn't have a option to choose from windows, Mac, and auto so what should I do?

Posted via CB10
    Just do not. Use chromium plugin to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 04:51 AM
    I have run this fix from blackberry and it now works perfectly.
    https:// appworld. blackberry. com/webstore/content/39879918

I can now download the app from google apps.
    copy it from the phones downlads folder to my pc.
    Uninstall the app from my phone.
    Patch the app and upload it to phone and can install and run
    You could put this in the "Updated Android Runtime ..." thread, as almost no one there has been able to download the fix. Almost everyone gets a "Network Error " message. You are a rara avis.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 04:54 AM
    What is fixed, were you not able to uninstall android apps and if not, how are you checking that they are uninstalled now?

Thanks, Steve PS: I tried it, same error everyone else has, must only be for special government people with a few of our phones serials slipping through the cracks! :P

Ugh, think later will do cobalts fix. Will his fix have my droid apps not running until a factory restart as just set my phone all up or just a reboot and it will be good to go? Also, is everyone getting the nag screen over and over? If it was not for KODI (Last droid app I had to get) being updated to 16 code name jarvis not working, I would be fine and not even need it as have every app I needed, last one got me! So pissed, although I can wait for another update as have not deleted the non working kodi yet, maybe it will correct it.
    02-21-16 07:31 AM
    use DDPB
    Is this confirmed to work, I am more familiar with DDPB and already have it installed. Works flawless for me every-time! The last time I did a run-time update for a mess around with the playbook as in the alpha dev's run time files to my oem playbooks last os release it worked but no droid apps opened so had to re do everything. With this, I turn off updates first(?) then install them and reboot my phone and back to good as I can proceed with deleting the one app I have a.k.a. kodi which does not function (new version jarvis 16 release) off of my device without having to redo my entire phone?

What if I delete it now then reinstall an older version of kodi, without doing the runtime.bar fix, does anybody know if it will overwrite or not let me install at all thinking it is there or leave me with double the space used up OR be just fine and correct my issue without needing to sideload these .bars?

Ahh, how long does it take to get a fix for this, its so easy for them to do this even if they just release the .bar files from 2813 in an easier installation that is for every user to do as well as "remove' the nagging update to reinstall the crappy run-time files from 76 and the one I have on my SE Passport which I believe is 36 - which I was told is one in the same hence I am still "bugged"!....

As for my runtime (the bugged one) and how it is performing (other then installs) it is smooth and fine!
    How do I see an app that is deleted but yet not deleted to confirm myself i is fixed after running the .bars?
    I am hoping kodi releases another update to fix the new kodi as I am not the only one having an issue with it fully starting hence why I left the non working .apk on the device as if I just update it as I did once already - got it from kodi.tv then google-play said update so updated, still not working so waiting on update - so with yet another third update if it does work, I will no0t have 3 of them on my system, I will just have the one? We can update app's with the buggy run-time and they do not leave the older stuff behind or is that case by case?..

Anybody know these fine tuned details?...

PS: Shouldn't this threads name include the other silver edition's effected buggy os which is the same as 76 so folks do not get confused not realizing that they are one in the same? Had I'd known I would have never updated although I did try to stop when first set it up and I swear it just proceeded anyway on me.
    02-21-16 08:23 AM
    Chrome Extension BB10 / PlayBook App Manager via Wi-Fi.

It works like a charm.

100% perfect on my MS Windows XP machine (PC).

See the tutorial / how-to-do manual here below.

How To Sideload Google Play Client Snap For Android Apps On BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Empire

The reason why I did and troubleshooted was that I had to revert the two BAR files of Android Runtime from the previous OS build of BlackBerry (OS 10.3.2.2813) and put those back into my old BB10 device (Q10) which is not my daily driver anymore and I use this device only as a back-up smartphone.

Another reason behind of it is that I can't directly make a USB-connection between my pc and Sachesi with my Q10 no more (Except my Passport which it normally does work). It's very strange to me and I have the latest version of BlackBerry Link with compatible BB drivers installed on my pc (MS WinXP).

My daily driver device is still my OG Passport and in the future I will buy and use the Priv afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    If I use DDPB just like I side-loaded stuff to my playbook back in the day, it will know to remove the newer bugger .bars in replacement with the older ones our God cobalt has been so kind to provide us with? I do not have to click anything special, etc?

Thanks, Steve
    02-21-16 08:30 AM
    Hi, my phone automatically downloaded the update and is asking for reboot to apply changes, but I don't want to. How can I stop the process? How can I access and delete the update files or whatever it needs to undo this?

Posted via CB10
    Mine to right out the box, brand new SE Passport which makes me think intentional for whatever reasons. I do not get it, I was even trying to click cancel, NOPE! I am officially INFECTED!

Somebody from the droid team could easily fix this, at the very least STOP PUSHING the update now they recognize its an issue, people are paying them $400 to $600 dollars for a phone as in passports, etc still and opening them up and getting an update that basically ruins it if they bought it to run even one droid app. Unfair BB! Its been long enough, fix this **** or I think when BB10 is finally done all the people you might have had as loyalist to come to droid (if no other option) whom would of bought a Blackberry droid device will not out of bitterness - think, think BB!...

PS: Hire cobalt if you can afford him as a one man team, he would get it done himself from the janitors closet with just a little more inside info and access! Rants over.
    02-21-16 08:34 AM
    I did it on my Passport and was crashed... I had to reboot after every 3 minutes because the phone stopped working.
    I had to reload the OS.
    02-22-16 03:56 AM
    I did it on my Passport and was crashed... I had to reboot after every 3 minutes because the phone stopped working.
    I had to reload the OS.

You did what(?) - the BB Official fix that works for only 1 percent of the population in the world or Cobalts run-time .bar fix and if so, what did you utilize to side-load it as that may be the issue. I want to do it with DBPB if I go along and do it but nobody is confirming that is "OK" as of yet.

We might as well have as much info out there for this as possible, please let us know your details...

I am following this thread waiting to hear from somebody, something tells me Cobalts hands are tied and he gave us the best he has got now its up blackberry, we are on blackberry time, ut-oh.

I really, really hope the new 10.3.3 update (just security, hmm?) that Chen promised (even spoke of a 10.4 when he was asked if BB10 was dead) just fixes the OS to how 76 is running YET with being able to delete the app's, then I will be happy. That consist of taking a damn .bar file or two from v.13, putting into an OTA update and calling it 10.3.xxxx or whatever they want to call it whilst looking good for fixing their own mistake. LOL. It would make everybody's lives so much easier, it is not like we are talking about a 6-7 or even decade old phones here which are no longer supported. Lets face it guys, we all know we are on borrowed time but they best leave us with an awesome running v.13 like OS in the end as if so, we can use our passports into the years 2020+ easy! I am a a week old SE Passport that updated (or downgraded however you look at it?) itself out of the box even with me clicking CANCEL hence why not bothering to send it back for an exchange as will do the same thing with another new one, I know it.

I do not want to believe this is intentional but really, no fix and they know about it?

They have an issue if they think they are going to pull much over Cobalts eyes unless they pay him as they can not intentionally ruin bb10 without us at last knowing about it, nearly 10 out of 10, if there is a behind the scenes issue with the software, cobalt spots it. I just hope they do not pay him a million to shush! LOL. Seriously...

-Catch22

PS: I always said BB10 was and is like a rooted android phone out of the box with so many options, you get lost! That is a good thing. Not even an app gapp anymore - everything is nearly fixed, now when time to truly market for the come back on what is hands down the greatest OS out there, I do not know how anybody does not see this if they use a passport for one week or any other BB10.2 and up phone for a week! Now, now they go the droid way, such a shame. I am heart broken as as most of you all here, enjoying this time now as it will not last forever which is why I am more frustrated that they will not just send a silly patch through for this, Christ - their android team could prob do that! BB10, it just works, RiM - not so much anymore. They are to blind to see that they are all the way at the finish line, all they have to do it stick with it and break the tape a.k.a. advertise, etc. Use some funds from droid devices to fund bb10 so google is not laughing at them and for Christ sakes, make more premium droid devices like the passport for droid! I am at the point that I am not sure if the Priv will help keep BB10 alive (even if very slow) or if they will get greedy and squash it cause they think selling one phone and doing well is good enough to abandon an OS they have worked so hard on and blows the competition away! It makes me want to rip my hair out. I know one thing, if they do not fix this soon or screw us in the end somehow (I want a good surprise in the end, for once(!), lollipop run-time to say farewell?) I will not ever buy a Blackberry droid device, I hope they are thinking like this, they are playing with fire, the droid market, LMFAO is flooding with cheap phones to flagships and middle of the roads, flooded! Tough market when their own OS is now KING just not known by everyone. Xanax anyone?...

Microsoft been dormant and did some bad deals that fell through in the recent past but if they tried to purchase this OS and take over, they would be able to market and do so much with it, Microsoft the sleeping giant - that would be awesome! Google would only buy it to destroy it. Anybody have Bill's email? He will see the potential, maybe he can put me on speaker phone that is under his pool as in can hear under the water! ... :P
    02-22-16 06:04 AM
    I have not deleting any, what if you update an android app?
    02-23-16 01:07 PM
    Sorry, but it is too late to stop the process. You will just have to complete the process now then follow steps as outlined in many other posts to change the 2 bar files OR simply just do NOT delete any android apps. Everything will work well.
    I have not deleting any, what if you update an android app?
    02-23-16 01:08 PM
892 ... 2425262728 ...