Given the status of BlackBerry / Android / Priv etc. that is a pretty accurate statement for everyone on BB10! Anyway I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue and how to fix it. The fact they refuse to address it properly is what is the most telling. The writing is on the wall...if you want Android that works, buy Priv. Most disappointing, it would seem that Android on BB10 is not going to be supported in any meaningful way going forward. As others have pointed out, this issue is already almost two months old. Not only did they roll out this broken update globally, but they did not even patch it with a proper full update to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't credit BlackBerry with the required competence in putting this down to a form of planned obsolescence. Collectively, they simply don't know what they're doing in my view.

It would be somewhat more believable if the Priv didn't have the build and durability of an ice cream sandwich (no reference to Android intended - I mean an ACTUAL ice cream sandwich!).

If they ever had a plot, they would appear to have lost it.

Posted via CB10
    rajdon82 likes this.
    02-16-16 08:49 AM
    I wouldn't credit BlackBerry with the required competence in putting this down to a form of planned obsolescence. Collectively, they simply don't know what they're doing in my view.

It would be somewhat more believable if the Priv didn't have the build and durability of an ice cream sandwich (no reference to Android intended - I mean an ACTUAL ice cream sandwich!).

If they ever had a plot, they would appear to have lost it.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure how much more a plot you are waiting for...they said Android OS is the future for them, no new BB10 devices in the works, BB10 is in security patch mode, they killed built for BlackBerry, and just laid off 200 more staff rumoured to be linked with BB10 devices/hardware...and they released a known broken runtime (on purpose...because it had known issues before the full roll-out to carriers) and have not issued a proper fix for almost two months. Do you actually believe it is a priority for them to fix this...and that somebody is trying hard but can't figure it out because it's just too complicated? Total BS....I tend to think THAT line of thinking...ie that they are trying...is giving them too much credit, actually. They want us all on Android and all on Priv and it looks like they are willing to cut us loose and frustrate the **** out of us to make that happen.

Posted via CB10
    blackmoe likes this.
    02-16-16 09:16 AM
    Not sure how much more a plot you are waiting for...they said Android OS is the future for them, no new BB10 devices in the works, BB10 is in security patch mode, they killed built for BlackBerry, and just laid off 200 more staff rumoured to be linked with BB10 devices/hardware...and they released a known broken runtime (on purpose...because it had known issues before the full roll-out to carriers) and have not issued a proper fix for almost two months. Do you actually believe it is a priority for them to fix this...and that somebody is trying hard but can't figure it out because it's just too complicated? Total BS....I tend to think THAT line of thinking...ie that they are trying...is giving them too much credit, actually. They want us all on Android and all on Priv and it looks like they are willing to cut us loose and frustrate the **** out of us to make that happen.

Posted via CB10
    Think you're missing the point I was making.

Not expecting BlackBerry to prioritise anything, and not waiting with any level of expectation on their part.

What I don't agree with you on is that the broken runtime is deliberate. By 'incompetence' I am referring to:

* Lack of a process, or failure to adhere to said process
    * Failure to show diligence
    * Failures in communication
    * Failure to properly test

If you've been a BlackBerry user for any substantial time, you'll know that the above, and incidents like this one aren't anything new. We haven't witnessed a sudden shift as a result of the Priv release or staff layoffs. We've literally had issues like this from day 1 that remain unresolved or partially resolved.

They're not trying to screw us over. That's just a side affect of what's happening (or NOT happening) internally.

Obviously the mass layoffs won't help at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 02-16-16 at 10:12 AM.
    g_t_n likes this.
    02-16-16 09:54 AM
    Thank you for this excellent and detailled instruction (post #6). Now it's working perfectly on my Z10.
    02-16-16 10:53 AM
    <snip> They want us all on Android and all on Priv and it looks like they are willing to cut us loose and frustrate the **** out of us to make that happen.

Posted via CB10
    For myself...

First goal above: NEVER !!
    Second goal above: success!!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    02-16-16 11:10 AM
    Think you're missing the point I was making.

Not expecting BlackBerry to prioritise anything, and not waiting with any level of expectation on their part.

What I don't agree with you on is that the broken runtime is deliberate. By 'incompetence' I am referring to:

* Lack of a process, or failure to adhere to said process
    * Failure to show diligence
    * Failures in communication
    * Failure to properly test

If you've been a BlackBerry user for any substantial time, you'll know that the above, and incidents like this one aren't anything new. We haven't witnessed a sudden shift as a result of the Priv release or staff layoffs. We've literally had issues like this from day 1 that remain unresolved or partially resolved.

They're not trying to screw us over. That's just a side affect of what's happening (or NOT happening) internally.

Obviously the mass layoffs won't help at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's a side effect at all. It is a completely predictable outcome based on the business decision to end BB10. ART was an add-on to their OS from the outset so why should they continue to support it indefinitely?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 11:43 AM
    <snip>They're not trying to screw us over. <snip>
    They already did.
    02-16-16 11:52 AM
    The Passport was sold touting the ART. Without it, I would join many in anger & retire the relatively useless (transformed from "smartphone" to "dumb") thing of diminished value. No banking, no security cameras, & much more. I have a few good native apps (clipman, parrot, as examples), but I use dozens of android apps none on BBW at all & with disappearance of "made for BlackBerry" surely never to come. I bought it with ART & will be angered if they cripple it (by stupidity or by design) again. Did they cripple thousands of US government phones? I think not. JC would be in custody by now.
    Last edited by patapoof; 02-16-16 at 12:22 PM.
    02-16-16 11:56 AM
    They already did.
    I know they have, but my point is it hasn't been deliberate.

Doing that won't push the majority of their users over from BB10 to Priv. Rather, it'll lose them those customers to competitors.

I don't believe even BlackBerry are that stupid.

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK and arkenoi like this.
    02-16-16 12:21 PM
    I don't think it's a side effect at all. It is a completely predictable outcome based on the business decision to end BB10. ART was an add-on to their OS from the outset so why should they continue to support it indefinitely?

Posted via CB10
    Who's saying indefinitely?

But for now? Yes, they are supporting the ART on a maintenance level (albeit badly).

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-16-16 12:22 PM
    "Stupid is as stupid does..."

<snip>
    I don't believe even BlackBerry are that stupid.
    02-16-16 12:41 PM
    Who's saying indefinitely?

But for now? Yes, they are supporting the ART on a maintenance level (albeit badly).

Posted via CB10
    Are they...really? I guess it depends how you define support.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 01:11 PM
    I guess it depends how you define support.

Posted via CB10
    That's 'support', the BlackBerry way!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 01:32 PM
    Which first post I am newbie in crackberry sorry

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 01:53 PM
    Are they...really? I guess it depends how you define support.

Posted via CB10
    Support includes:

Customer service
    Pursuit of troubleshooting
    Customer satisfsaction

Support does not include:

Wasting customer time via needless reinstalls
    Diminishing functionality purchased
    Surly & inappropriate diatribe
    Bad results

The Passport hardware has been solid for me.

The OG purchase experience was horrible.

The subsequent customer service for software issues has been clueless.

I have not had any hardware issues.

The OTA support often breaks things.

If it were not for the CB forum advice, my device would be nearly useless to me.

Is that a business plan?

Enterprise & government entities will get a belly full of this & jump ship leaving BlackBerry for other hardware vendors who can deliver a few hundred units without a 15-30% defect rate requiring BlackBerry "on site" baby-oil placate their ire.
    02-16-16 02:00 PM
    (0)
    Home
    Forums
    Knowledge Base
    Up
    33 Replies
    FYI 37772 Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    sahmed3 Contributor
    3:15 PM
    @TyW
    An issue of 2 months old, and a Fix that needs Fix 6 days old followed by silence from all BlackBerry team.... Do you have any updates please? But please we need something different than "Blackberry knows and investigating right now " as it seems BlackBerry investigation is endless!!!
    Add Comment
    Like 0

TyW Community Manager
    3:20 PM
    Hi*@sahmed3
    I apologize for any frustration*this may be causing but at the moment this is still under investigation.*
    I'll post a update when the issue is resolved (you may want to follow @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter*too for updates)*
    Thanks,
    TyW
    Add Comment
    Like 0

sahmed3 Contributor
    3:30 PM
    Thanks for the updates and swift reply...I just want to highlight that it is taking long time since December and you sure know that all bb10 loyal customers can afford, but this time it is associated with many rumours regarding bb10 halt and shifting to Android at all media and forums, this led to a shock and depression for all of us especially that BlackBerry Team actions are proving these rumours!
    Add Comment
    Like 0

Version: Mobile | Full
    Sign Out

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-16-16 02:48 PM
    Hi all,
    This is the BlackBerry support community manager feedback

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 02:50 PM
    TyW is a very responsible BlackBerry employee at the head of the forums & as such has the pipeline to the other players to get action. I hope he is able to help. A nice guy too...

Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by patapoof; 02-16-16 at 03:50 PM.
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-16-16 02:55 PM
    TyW is a very responsible BlackBerry employee at the head of the forums & a such has the pipeline to the other players to get action. I hope he is able to help. A nice guy too...
    Correct. There are some good people working at BlackBerry. The problem is with the sum of the parts.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 03:27 PM
    That's 'support', the BlackBerry way!

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha, sure...that is a talking head telling you what you want to hear. Well I suppose if it is a psychologist picking up the line on their end you could still technically call it BlackBerry 'help' or 'BlackBerry 'support' right?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:22 PM
    Which first post I am newbie in crackberry sorry

Posted via CB10
    Go to the first page of this thread. The "first post" is the beginning of this thread - the starting post, or... first post.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-16-16 05:56 PM
    Hey, not going until I stop using this Passport!

Also I love Crackberry - just can't stand BlackBerry's support and QC!

Posted via CB10
    Well. I wouldn't blame you for dropping Blackberry... but I would like to say a thank you for continuing to contact Support on all our behalf. I certainly appreciate it.

Regards

James
    Deckard79 likes this.
    02-17-16 01:00 AM
    Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    Hi, Sahmed. Thanks for taking the time to contact BB, posting this, and keeping us in the loop.

Regards

James
    02-17-16 01:02 AM
    With my pleasure JamesW

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 03:28 AM
    Hey, not going until I stop using this Passport!
    Posted via CB10
    Lol
    I got you
    02-17-16 06:38 AM
892 ... 2223242526 ...