I'm having Z10, OS 10.3.2.2876, with AR patch by BlackBerry World. Though the issues with Android apps are over now and don't have any other issue like no headphone sound etc except decreased battery backup. Battery backup was used to be in between 6-7 hrs with data connectivity which slashed to 4hrs after update patching.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 11:17 AM
    Yes. You'll now get the broken Runtime back again.
    Fabulous. Now that's what I call a fix! Thanks BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 11:22 AM
    you are correct, i had hope becouse the last time it was only 85MB update
    02-14-16 11:24 AM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 11:52 AM
    Hi,

Thanks anyway for posting that. You tried something not mentioned so far, and got some different results so Kudos for that.. even if it didn't provide a working solution.

Regards

James
    02-14-16 12:38 PM
    Yes. You'll now get the broken Runtime back again.
    Too bad Scalia is gone; he could have schooled us in the niceties of criminal negligence...'
    02-14-16 12:43 PM
    From your moniker, I assume you are
    Adrian Adonis formerly of the WWF??

Nice

Posted via CB10
    ...update... sorry... he died in 1988... RIP adorable one...
    02-14-16 12:47 PM
    by turn off updates..u meant blackberry updates only ri8?
    if yes, i followed all steps..i rebooted..waited for abt 10 mins..went to mobile network app..uninstalled an app..bt again the app crashes without uninstalling...
    i m n doubt abt tat..i thnk i did tat..bt let me do tat again..
    its wrkng..grt..these android apps hav taken so much space..gonna free thm all
    Can you please translate that?
    02-14-16 12:57 PM
    Absolutely great post! Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 01:01 PM
    Hi all,

To try and help here's what I consider the current main points for the updated android runtime (ART) "patch"; 10.3.2.371, now showing as available in Blackberry World (BBW), summed up to save those not wanting to go through all the back posts, and as at 14th February 2016 09:19 GMT.

I'm no expert, have no affiliation with Blackberry (BB), and so these are my observations only. Please feel free to correct anything;

-The 10.3.2.371 ART is an update to the 10.3.2.2836 ART which was delivered with the new version Operating System (OS) 10.3.2.2876. ART 10.3.2.2836 has the "bug" identified by member Colbalt232 and others where removing an Android application (and by "Android" that means any (Android) application that was not installed directly from BBW) removed just the home screen icon, but left the actual application and it's files still on the device, and therefore still taking up the space it filled.

-Before the 10.3.2.371 ART was released, a number of users "rolled back" the bugged 10.3.2.2836 ART by using bar files posted by the community and a tool such as Sachesi, so that their operating system remains at 10.3.2.2876, but their ART was rolled back to 10.3.2.2813. This combination OS and this ART do not suffer from the bug, and (Android) applications can be removed as normal.

-This 10.3.2.371 new ART is technically not needed if you are already running the rolled back ART 10.3.2.2813, but you will continue to get "nags" and update requests for the 10.3.2.2836 ART. If you have "auto-updates" on your device switched on, it is likely that if you rollback, your device will at some soon point overwrite the older version with the bugged newer version.

Currently, no manual installation files have been seen / posted for the new 10.3.2.371 ART.

Issues downloading the new 10.3.2.371 ART / "Network error";

-A large proportion of users are currently unable to download the patch from BBW, and simply receive a "Network error" when they try.

-The problem HAS been acknowledged by BlackBerry themselves (with thanks for member Richard Buckley for posting), and is currently "under investigation".

-No pattern as to whom can and whom cannot download it has emerged yet.

-The update works first time, or not at all; there are no current instances of someone getting the "Network error", then successfully downloading it at a later time; there have been some "workarounds" posted such as changing browser settings to turn off the "request desktop version" setting. These same fixes have been shown not to work when tried by others, but it is not clear if these remedial changes were made after attempts to download the new ART application failed. Given that they do not work for others suggests that they may well have been just a coincidence.

-The posted link to the 10.3.2.371 ART will not work when browsed to on a laptop / desktop or other non-blackberry OS-running device; it will display a "not found" or similar error.

-Searching in BBW on a BB device will often find the 10.3.2.371 ART once, but subsequent searches for it "fail" and it appears to have then "dissapeard"... however, copying the link into a browser directly on the device will bring it back up.

-For users with the "Network error", other applications download without issue from BBW.

-It does not appear to matter if you have ART 10.3.2.2813 or ART 10.3.2.2836 installed when you try to download ART 10.3.2.371. To reiterate, ART 10.3.2813 works for uninstalls, ART 10.3.2.2836 is the bugged one that doesn't. If you have rolled back to ART 10.3.2.2813 or not updated to OS 10.3.2.2876 with ART 10.3.2.2836, you can leave ART 10.3.2.2813 in place which will continue to allow you to uninstall (Android) applications, but even with "auto updates" turned off within your device, you will still get repeated update "nags" for the bugged (but newer) 2836 version @ 85MB.

-It does not matter if you try to download the new ART via mobile data or via WiFi, nor if you have the device's "Allow downloads over 50MB via mobile data" setting switched on or off; any and all attempts continue to fail at present for those affected.

-Those who have been able to update to ART 10.3.2.371 are reporting a number of applications that no longer run, and which were fine when ART 10.3.2.2813 was installed, so backing up your current installation is recommended, as is caution in updating at this point.

I am also going to cross-post this to the ART 10.3.2.2876 "analysis" thread, but could I ask that we stick to this new thread; "updated-android-runtime-blackberry10-1061868" for this continuing issue, and leave the original "2876 runtime analysis" thread for just posts relating to that ART.

Hope that helps some of you.

Regards

James
    Thanks for your extended explanation, but like me there's a lot of people who think we shouldn't be feeding this "spoon feed generation"

We have a first post for a reason, with all the information needed.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-14-16 01:04 PM
    I did the same without really delving into the thread here again. Result: broken ART once more and just finished rolling back to the 2813 version AGAIN.

By the way, JamesW_UK, as others have said, perfect summation.
    02-14-16 03:11 PM
    I read this thread the day it went up. I sachesi'd 2813 ART&shell to my 2876 Passport & all runs well. I will NOT resume OTA until I see a subsequent version higher than 2879 some say exists but possesses the defective ART. I wonder if the hoped for full OTA update will install over what I have, or will I be obliged to put on the defective 85mb piece now shown in the software update settings dialog & associated nags? Will the GOOD OTA supersede that, or would update via link allow skipping the bad fragment?
    02-14-16 04:31 PM
    Thanks for the thorough and very accurate summary of the problem, James.

My take on it is that if the 2813 ART files are or can be installed, better to stick with those, because the updated ones, if you can even DL them, have no advantage to the 2813 ones, and will even cause some Android apps to fail, apps which will work under 2813. The only annoyance will be with the periodic prompts to upgrade the OS, which you can always reject.

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-14-16 04:44 PM
    Alas ignoring BlackBerry was formerly easier; now it has become a daily spectacle as a wake up notice, a hun nag, more CB diatribe.

The touted BlackBerry experience has come down to this.

BlackBerry is a pain...

My take on it is that if the 2813 ART files are or can be installed, better to stick with those, because the updated ones, if you can even DL them, have no advantage to the 2813 ones, and will even cause some Android apps to fail, apps which will work under 2813. The only annoyance will be with the periodic prompts to upgrade the OS, which you can always reject.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. It's very much a case of once you get everything working as you want it, one dare not update the firmware, or any other system files, lest it "break" something.

I'm annoyed with myself, as I had everything I wanted working under ART 2813, thanks to Sachesi and rolling back, and since I tried "upgrading" and installing the 321 ART, which didn't work due to the dreaded "Network error", I have one single application that just will not run now, despite me rolling back once more, and installing it, uninstalling it, patching it, not patching it, re-installing it, clearing the cache, dancing naked in the moonlight with the Z10 held aloft under the rays of the full moon, and when the bloody thing worked fine with the same set-up only the day before!

The "nags" do bug me, but it's just about tolerable right now. Any more, and I think I would have started acknowledging them with a hard stamp of my right foot to the screen.

Regards

James
    02-15-16 12:59 AM
    My phone z30 STA100-2 from Turkey. Network error not download

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 03:29 AM
    Well damn, I should have looked on here first before I went and spent my entire afternoon and evening yesterday doing a security wipe and reinstall of everything only to find the same issue! lol

Giving this a try now and expect everything will be good again..... thanks!

Update: Works like a charm!!
    Last edited by J.Mobile; 02-15-16 at 07:51 AM.
    02-15-16 07:37 AM
    3 days trying the different 'fixes' without success.
    Bell network, Toronto, Ontario.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-15-16 11:07 AM
    Thank You

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 05:52 PM
    How to fix this android problem on blackberry new runtime bug fix not installing (getting network error) any other method to fix this

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 04:30 AM
    How to fix this android problem on blackberry new runtime bug fix not installing (getting network error) any other method to fix this

Posted via CB10
    Read the first post. The other method is outlined in it.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-16-16 04:46 AM
    The fact that I had to get in touch with one of BlackBerry's staff via Twitter to get this noticed/raised, THEN point out the contents of the ticket was inaccurate, THEN wait weeks for an update, only for BlackBerry to make a total hash of the simple task of deploying the fix...

It just defies belief.

Thinking this will be my last BlackBerry. Enough is frankly enough.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz, JeepBB, blackmoe and 2 others like this.
    02-16-16 04:58 AM
    Farewell,
    02-16-16 07:24 AM
    Farewell,
    Hey, not going until I stop using this Passport!

Also I love Crackberry - just can't stand BlackBerry's support and QC!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 07:36 AM
    The fact that I had to get in touch with one of BlackBerry's staff via Twitter to get this noticed/raised, THEN point out the contents of the ticket was inaccurate, THEN wait weeks for an update, only for BlackBerry to make a total hash of the simple task of deploying the fix...

It just defies belief.

Thinking this will be my last BlackBerry. Enough is frankly enough.

Posted via CB10
    Given the status of BlackBerry / Android / Priv etc. that is a pretty accurate statement for everyone on BB10! Anyway I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue and how to fix it. The fact they refuse to address it properly is what is the most telling. The writing is on the wall...if you want Android that works, buy Priv. Most disappointing, it would seem that Android on BB10 is not going to be supported in any meaningful way going forward. As others have pointed out, this issue is already almost two months old. Not only did they roll out this broken update globally, but they did not even patch it with a proper full update to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    arkenoi likes this.
    02-16-16 08:10 AM
892 ... 2122232425 ...