in reply to conite..
    by turn off updates..u meant blackberry updates only ri8?
    if yes, i followed all steps..i rebooted..waited for abt 10 mins..went to mobile network app..uninstalled an app..bt again the app crashes without uninstalling...
    Then you made a mistake somewhere. Maybe you forgot to uncheck the "only install newer apps" box.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-13-16 09:00 AM
    by turn off updates..u meant blackberry updates only ri8?
    if yes, i followed all steps..i rebooted..waited for abt 10 mins..went to mobile network app..uninstalled an app..bt again the app crashes without uninstalling...
    02-13-16 09:02 AM
    i m n doubt abt tat..i thnk i did tat..bt let me do tat again..
    02-13-16 09:04 AM
    For those of you that have been able to download the update from BBW, have any of you eventually gotten the update after previously receiving the network error message? Or, does it work the first time if it's going to work?
    02-13-16 09:17 AM
    Thanks, problem solved!! know my Passport works great the android app like .2813 update!! Great!!
    02-13-16 09:35 AM
    For those of you that have been able to download the update from BBW, have any of you eventually gotten the update after previously receiving the network error message? Or, does it work the first time if it's going to work?
    It worked the first time for me. Also, in the past 2 or 3 days, I've downloaded several apps from BBW and never had any issue.
    02-13-16 09:40 AM
    It worked the first time for me. Also, in the past 2 or 3 days, I've downloaded several apps from BBW and never had any issue.
    Science has finally answered the question about gravity waves coming from colliding black holes, but no one is able to figure out what the variable is that determines who can DL the Runtime from BBW and who cannot.

I'm one of the ones who can't make the DL work. Maybe it's a gravity wave interference issue.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar and rajdon82 like this.
    02-13-16 10:33 AM
    So must one have the defective 2876 WITHOUT the 2813 before the BBW fix works? Must one have auto-update on? I don't. That is I have 2876 with 2813 ART&shell via Sachesi & auto-update is OFF... thence the BBW item does NOT download... Network error via wifi & if via cell network it nags that file is too large & requires wifi... why?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 11:02 AM
    So must one have the defective 2876 WITHOUT the 2813 before the BBW fix works? Must one have auto-update on? I don't. That is I have 2876 with 2813 ART&shell via Sachesi & auto-update is OFF... thence the BBW item does NOT download... Network error via wifi & if via cell network it nags that file is too large & requires wifi... why?

Posted via CB10
    There is no correlation between OS version and being able to connect for the art update on BBW. At least for me there isn't. I have a z10 with the full 2876 and a Passport with 2813 art files and no difference. Purely a wonky BBW.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    02-13-16 11:10 AM
    There is no correlation between OS version and being able to connect for the art update on BBW. At least for me there isn't. I have a z10 with the full 2876 and a Passport with 2813 art files and no difference. Purely a wonky BBW.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    just plain FAILURE, IMHO
    02-13-16 11:25 AM
    What a shame! Blackberry has gone from bad to worse. First the pushed an update which ruined the Android runtime and then when affected people managed to fix the issue using Sachesi, they gave this fix which doesn't even download. OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis-uploadfromtaptalk1455386238841.jpg
    stuck_788 and arkenoi like this.
    02-13-16 11:57 AM
    its wrkng..grt..these android apps hav taken so much space..gonna free thm all
    02-13-16 12:27 PM
    Divaker# please tell me how can resolve a problem

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 12:43 PM
    And please send me instructions, and please add me on BBM pin:2BBAC8A0 I'm waiting for your reply

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 12:44 PM
    I'm also getting network error... I'm guessing you need to update the faulty runtime then installed the updated one?

I think I'll just wait for the next update...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 12:59 PM
    Showbox does not work with the Android Runtime update

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    02-13-16 01:05 PM
    I have recently updated 3mb

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 01:10 PM
    Hi all,

To try and help here's what I consider the current main points for the updated android runtime (ART) "patch"; 10.3.2.371, now showing as available in Blackberry World (BBW), summed up to save those not wanting to go through all the back posts, and as at 14th February 2016 09:19 GMT.

I'm no expert, have no affiliation with Blackberry (BB), and so these are my observations only. Please feel free to correct anything;

-The 10.3.2.371 ART is an update to the 10.3.2.2836 ART which was delivered with the new version Operating System (OS) 10.3.2.2876. ART 10.3.2.2836 has the "bug" identified by member Colbalt232 and others where removing an Android application (and by "Android" that means any (Android) application that was not installed directly from BBW) removed just the home screen icon, but left the actual application and it's files still on the device, and therefore still taking up the space it filled.

-Before the 10.3.2.371 ART was released, a number of users "rolled back" the bugged 10.3.2.2836 ART by using bar files posted by the community and a tool such as Sachesi, so that their operating system remains at 10.3.2.2876, but their ART was rolled back to 10.3.2.2813. This combination OS and this ART do not suffer from the bug, and (Android) applications can be removed as normal.

-This 10.3.2.371 new ART is technically not needed if you are already running the rolled back ART 10.3.2.2813, but you will continue to get "nags" and update requests for the 10.3.2.2836 ART. If you have "auto-updates" on your device switched on, it is likely that if you rollback, your device will at some soon point overwrite the older version with the bugged newer version.

Currently, no manual installation files have been seen / posted for the new 10.3.2.371 ART.

Issues downloading the new 10.3.2.371 ART / "Network error";

-A large proportion of users are currently unable to download the patch from BBW, and simply receive a "Network error" when they try.

-The problem HAS been acknowledged by BlackBerry themselves (with thanks for member Richard Buckley for posting), and is currently "under investigation".

-No pattern as to whom can and whom cannot download it has emerged yet.

-The update works first time, or not at all; there are no current instances of someone getting the "Network error", then successfully downloading it at a later time; there have been some "workarounds" posted such as changing browser settings to turn off the "request desktop version" setting. These same fixes have been shown not to work when tried by others, but it is not clear if these remedial changes were made after attempts to download the new ART application failed. Given that they do not work for others suggests that they may well have been just a coincidence.

-The posted link to the 10.3.2.371 ART will not work when browsed to on a laptop / desktop or other non-blackberry OS-running device; it will display a "not found" or similar error.

-Searching in BBW on a BB device will often find the 10.3.2.371 ART once, but subsequent searches for it "fail" and it appears to have then "dissapeard"... however, copying the link into a browser directly on the device will bring it back up.

-For users with the "Network error", other applications download without issue from BBW.

-It does not appear to matter if you have ART 10.3.2.2813 or ART 10.3.2.2836 installed when you try to download ART 10.3.2.371. To reiterate, ART 10.3.2813 works for uninstalls, ART 10.3.2.2836 is the bugged one that doesn't. If you have rolled back to ART 10.3.2.2813 or not updated to OS 10.3.2.2876 with ART 10.3.2.2836, you can leave ART 10.3.2.2813 in place which will continue to allow you to uninstall (Android) applications, but even with "auto updates" turned off within your device, you will still get repeated update "nags" for the bugged (but newer) 2836 version @ 85MB.

-It does not matter if you try to download the new ART via mobile data or via WiFi, nor if you have the device's "Allow downloads over 50MB via mobile data" setting switched on or off; any and all attempts continue to fail at present for those affected.

-Those who have been able to update to ART 10.3.2.371 are reporting a number of applications that no longer run, and which were fine when ART 10.3.2.2813 was installed, so backing up your current installation is recommended, as is caution in updating at this point.

I am also going to cross-post this to the ART 10.3.2.2876 "analysis" thread, but could I ask that we stick to this new thread; "updated-android-runtime-blackberry10-1061868" for this continuing issue, and leave the original "2876 runtime analysis" thread for just posts relating to that ART.

Hope that helps some of you.

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 02-14-16 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Tidied up / added few bits
    02-14-16 03:58 AM
    Excellent explanation James, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    02-14-16 05:43 AM
    Excellent explanation James, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, and thanks for the comment. ;-)

In all honesty, I'm a bit of a Mynah bird and just good at repeating things without really understanding all of it.

*Bobs head up and down on perch and starts whistling the original Blackberry "Ascent" ringtone...*

Regards

James
    02-14-16 07:47 AM
    Unfortunately James many will not bother reading your well described analysis of the situation, and will still just read the first post then try the download followed by another ad nauseam post regarding their Network Error.
    Smokeaire, gfondeur and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-14-16 09:50 AM
    Unfortunately James many will not bother reading your well described analysis of the situation, and will still just read the first post then try the download followed by another ad nauseam post regarding their Network Error.
    Hi Blackmoe,

Yes, I can't disagree with that at all. I have the misfortune of having to write documentation for both IT end users, as well as the 1st Line technicians who support them, and it's a truly soul-destroying job... 9990 people out of 10,000+ staff and techs. never bother to read anything and just ask the nearest person, who rarely has the right answer or knows what to do or how to fix something.

Things like a department changing their contact number, responsibility, location etc. go unheeded and techs.will still be directing calls to the original department that ceased doing the work in question 5 years later, for example.

We often joke that we should have an email signature that says something like;
    Our Values:

"When you telephone us, we undertake the promise never to transfer you to more than three different people and make you explain your problem over again, each and every time. If we do, tell us and we'll transfer you to a fourth person for you to explain everything to again."
    *sigh*

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. That, or I was subconsciously trying to avoid my wife and daughter for a bit longer, as they were waiting in the car for me whilst I made that post. ;-)

Regards

James

Z10, OS 10.3.2.2876, with ART rolled back to 10.3.2.2813
    blackmoe likes this.
    02-14-16 10:47 AM

"If you're NOT having any issues with the Android Runtime, you don't really need to download this." -BLA1ZE

Android Runtime update for BlackBerry 10 now available | CrackBerry.com

Go to page 1 of this thread you are reading now to find a link to figure out if you have the issue in the first place...
    02-14-16 10:57 AM
    have a working 10.3.2.2876 with back leveled runtime, just pulled sim and sd card did factory reset, connected to my home wifi and now its prompting for a 133MB update. will post results once its completed
    02-14-16 11:09 AM
    have a working 10.3.2.2876 with back leveled runtime, just pulled sim and sd card did factory reset, connected to my home wifi and now its prompting for a 133MB update. will post results once its completed
    Yes. You'll now get the broken Runtime back again.
    02-14-16 11:12 AM
892 ... 2021222324 ...