Auto update is off as if not my 2813 ART would be replaced... Passport OG so what does this have to do with my carrier?

If you have auto updates turned on, the first small 'nag' you would see is for replacing the runtime files only. If an official update from your carrier gets released, the auto update nag will be much larger for the full OS update to the next version. The auto update will always only push the latest carrier supported files.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-30-16 11:16 PM
    If you have auto updates turned on, the first small 'nag' you would see is for replacing the runtime files only. If an official update from your carrier gets released, the auto update nag will be much larger for the full OS update to the next version. The auto update will always only push the latest carrier supported files.

Uh. Hmm. Seems to me Patapoof is correct. If auto update is on, no 'nag' at all. Just the runtime files being replaced, and you're back to square one.

With auto update turned off here's what the nag says if you open it
    OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis-img_20160131_073214.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 06:46 AM
    Auto update is off as if not my 2813 ART would be replaced... Passport OG so what does this have to do with my carrier?
    Auto update will always try to update the 2813 runtime to match the OS you are running, unless your carrier has released a higher version of the OS than you are currently running. In that case, the OTA update would be for the new OS. If you had the auto update turned off before you side loaded the 2813 files you probably shouldn't be seeing the auto update notice. If it was still on and you turned it off after side loading and restarting, you're going to be stuck with that notice until you update or until the install a new OS, either released by your carrier or by your own doing.

01-31-16 07:51 AM
    Uh. Hmm. Seems to me Patapoof is correct. If auto update is on, no 'nag' at all. Just the runtime files being replaced, and you're back to square one.

With auto update turned off here's what the nag says if you open it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160131_073214.png 
Views:	1455 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	389644

Posted via CB10
    Did you have auto updates turned off before attempting to side load the old runtime?

01-31-16 07:52 AM
    Runtime off... shows 85mb nag... when a NEW update gets pushed by BlackBerry (device is OG)... will the NAG update to the latest offering with auto-update off?

My guess is NO. BlackBerry never envisioned proffering a DEFECTIVE update OTA.

Thence BlackBerry puts the onus on the customer to check on CB about this!

Superiliousness abounds...

Did you have auto updates turned off before attempting to side load the old runtime?

01-31-16 10:21 AM

Aye did indeed. In fact have always kept auto switched off. Discretion is the better part of (update) valour.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 01-31-16 at 11:43 AM.
    01-31-16 11:31 AM
    Runtime off... shows 85mb nag... when a NEW update gets pushed by BlackBerry (device is OG)... will the NAG update to the latest offering with auto-update off?

Not sure I get your question. If it's a real OS update, not just the Droid runtime nag, it will be bigger than 85 MB.

Opening the notice would reveal the truth of it.

When a true update of the OS does arrive, it will hopefully address the ART bug. And even then, best to wait a few days, even a week or more, & check CB before updating. We know this, don't we?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 11:41 AM

If you have update off, then no, the window will not change. If your carrier pushes a new OS version higher than what you are using, turn auto update on and the new OS will override the current 85 mg download. If you don't have the device looking for new versions the nag will never change.

01-31-16 12:10 PM
    Aye did indeed. In fact have always kept auto switched off. Discretion is the better part of (update) valour.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. If auto updates are turned off on your device and were that way before you successfully downgraded the files then I'm not sure why you're still seeing the message.

01-31-16 12:28 PM
    Interesting. If auto updates are turned off on your device and were that way before you successfully downgraded the files then I'm not sure why you're still seeing the message.

I honestly don't know. That's a question for better informed people to answer.

My guess is, the carrier & the phone ping each other, and when the answer from the phone says, "There's a piece here that's old" (ie, the ART file is "out of date") the update notice is sent the same way it would if it was a full update. The proof would be in looking at the size (presumably greater than 85 MB if a real, full update!) the number (presumably not the same old 2876) and also, what the accompanying message says. My guess is it would say something more than "Applications update" (cf. above). Something more like "Software release" or the like.
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 01-31-16 at 01:25 PM.
    01-31-16 01:13 PM
    If you have update off, then no, the window will not change. If your carrier pushes a new OS version higher than what you are using, turn auto update on and the new OS will override the current 85 mg download. If you don't have the device looking for new versions the nag will never change.

In keeping with the above, again, I think the whole point of auto download is not that your device is "looking" (isn't it basically always "looking", as long as it's connected to WiFi or cellular signal?) for an update. It's that when it finds one, it is downloaded automatically. (That's what's horrible about having auto switched on, & why it's probably best never to do so.) As opposed to you just receiving a "nag." So if a new OS is released, it would automatically (whether a nag or a download) supersede the ART nag.
    01-31-16 01:23 PM
    In keeping with the above, again, I think the whole point of auto download is not that your device is "looking" (isn't it basically always "looking", as long as it's connected to WiFi or cellular signal?) for an update. It's that when it finds one, it is downloaded automatically. (That's what's horrible about having auto switched on, & why it's probably best never to do so.) As opposed to you just receiving a "nag." So if a new OS is released, it would automatically (whether a nag or a download) supersede the ART nag.
    Certainly possible. Sadly this isn't one I'm willing to test, I'm avoiding this update like the plague. It may be that the best way to get rid of the nag is to get rid of the OS and downgrade to one that works.

Doggerz and Ursus Rufus like this.
    01-31-16 01:43 PM
    Perhaps...

Not. Too. Sherrr.

Am just ignoring the nag.
    Testing to see whether leaving the notification in the Hub (not deleting it) will keep it from re-appearing.

Speaking of which, am guessing that downgrading to an older OS would just be trading an "Applications update" nag, for a "Software Release" one.
    01-31-16 05:42 PM
    Perhaps...

Not. Too. Sherrr.

Am just ignoring the nag.
    Testing to see whether leaving the notification in the Hub (not deleting it) will keep it from re-appearing.

Speaking of which, am guessing that downgrading to an older OS would just be trading an "Applications update" nag, for a "Software Release" one.
    That depends... did you choose to upgrade to this version by autoloader from a leak or was it released by your carrier?

01-31-16 06:12 PM
    Carrier.

And I remember hearing a little voice in my head, saying, "There's no reason to upgrade right away, your phone is working fine. Wait a while, check Crackberry; see how others are doing with it..."

Ya. If only. But whatever. It's settled now. Hopefully I've learned my lesson. And hopefully the next release will be better.
    01-31-16 07:28 PM
    Carrier.

And I remember hearing a little voice in my head, saying, "There's no reason to upgrade right away, your phone is working fine. Wait a while, check Crackberry; see how others are doing with it..."

Ya. If only. But whatever. It's settled now. Hopefully I've learned my lesson. And hopefully the next release will be better.
    My guess is that you're stuck with the nag in that case.

01-31-16 07:47 PM
    Hay brother loaded allows 3 files got google play up and running but I'm getting play services not installed. Help! How to get around this on passport.
    01-31-16 11:18 PM
    For me the nagging stopped after 48 hours. The upgrade is still there if I press check for upgrade but it no longer is putting notices in my hub.

I noticed that for me I had to let the update start to download by going to "finish setup" (because I skipped setup on install by keeping my sim card out and keeping my wifi off).

Once I hit "cancel update" as it was downloading and toggled automatic updates to off is when it quieted down for me.

Don't give up, I'm living proof that you can live happily with 2813.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-31-16 11:55 PM
    Guys the fix by conite seems to have done the trick...dont know how i would have lived with the BB Classic if not for you guys. Love the PKB but need the android apps for my work. Thanks a lot!
    Ursus Rufus and FF22 like this.
    02-01-16 01:02 AM
    For me the nagging stopped after 48 hours. The upgrade is still there if I press check for upgrade but it no longer is putting notices in my hub.

I noticed that for me I had to let the update start to download by going to "finish setup" (because I skipped setup on install by keeping my sim card out and keeping my wifi off).

Once I hit "cancel update" as it was downloading and toggled automatic updates to off is when it quieted down for me.

Don't give up, I'm living proof that you can live happily with 2813.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    Haven't done anything really and the notifications have stopped. When I think about it, there were only two or three anyway. Well worth it considering the value of the fix.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 08:53 AM
    Can I uninstall android apps with the chrome extension?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    02-01-16 10:54 AM
    That is a wise concept to state what you just did on previous quotes.

1 only android app that doesn't get
    unistalled / installed.

Enough to test your real smart

All of this, In the android runtime analysis thread .

If you have a lot dysfunctional android apps, then you have a problem. I don't, cause I only use one from Amazon and it's functioning well. I dont have to uninstall one that is working properly.

Posted via CB10

Posted from my Blackbeast
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-01-16 at 08:17 PM.
    02-01-16 08:06 PM
    Reload OS

02-01-16 08:09 PM
    Wipe

Reload OS

Hello installed 10.3.2.2836 on my Z10 and noticed in app manager, option allow to install 3rd party apps is blocked my administrator? This is personal phone from day one! Holding out in installing. 2836 in Passport SE as not sure with bugs in this OS!
    Attachment 389415

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity

02-01-16 08:11 PM
    I had the nag after I checked for software updates manually, I have auto update turned off.

How I was able to fix it was to allow the update then downgrade the runtime again and stay away from the check for updates button.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582: Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 10.3.2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639 to 2789 to 2813 to 2878-2814 Hybrid
    02-01-16 08:32 PM
892 ... 1213141516 ...