That's the official response? That's it? And does that even work?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. But yet people are swearing by this update and say they love it and nothing is wrong with their phone. Thread after thread of people upset they don't have the update.

I'm kind of disappointed in CB for not doing an article front and center that is critical of BlackBerry and that tells people flat out to avoid this update..

But there are people here who would say this update is great no matter what. Anytime I think I've seen it all when it comes to people who defend this company something else happens that makes me wonder WTF is going on.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    01-24-16 05:52 PM
    Nope. But yet people are swearing by this update and say they love it and nothing is wrong with their phone. Thread after thread of people upset they don't have the update.

I'm kind of disappointed in CB for not doing an article front and center that is critical of BlackBerry and that tells people flat out to avoid this update..

But there are people here who would say this update is great no matter what. Anytime I think I've seen it all when it comes to people who defend this company something else happens that makes me wonder WTF is going on.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    Preach!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz, Ursus Rufus and DoryGuy like this.
    01-24-16 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, it resets the OS back to clean factory condition with no apps at all - other than the basic BB10 apps, of course. So, technically, it will fully delete the android app - and every other app you have whether you wanted to delete it or not.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-24-16 06:39 PM
    Stupid me, I did a security wipe... horrible... do the Sachesi routine... I will never follow BlackBerry advice again...
    01-24-16 06:45 PM
    Screw Sachesi, just use Sideloader. Takes about 30 seconds to install.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is 100% successful in removing the apps, so yes, it works. Sadly you lose everything on your device because you're nuking your phone to delete an app. This doesn't actually fix the problem though as you still won't be able to delete android apps once you install them again, and they can't sanction the sachesi method as an official fix.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-24-16 08:42 PM
    Nice tip. Thanks for you contribution!
    I'm honored, Sir!

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-25-16 05:12 AM
    So, that was fun. Spent much of yesterday getting the ART bug sorted. In the end, it came down to using Sachesi 2.0.0. (the only one that would work on my computer) and following the steps outlined by Conite back on page one.

But! Using Sachesi to install the 2813 runtime did not rid my Z30 of the dreaded Android zombie.
    (I had only one.) Going into the Amazon App Store, the undead creature still showed as existing on my phone. I could even open it, from within the App Store. But on my phone, of course, it was nowhere to be seen. I tried uninstalling by going into Device Monitor > Storage, but that did not work; it didn't show there.

Sachesi had confirmed installation of the 2813 BAR files. But just to make sure I went into Settings and clicked, "Check for updates." Sure enough, an update appeared in the hub. It was 85 MB, so that was, I was sure, the newer ART trying to replace the "outdated" one. I dismissed the message.

And, following a tip from BigBadWulf, I installed Cobalt's Mobile Network, and what a thing of beauty that is. It worked!
    Mobile Network > More Android Settings > Apps >Downloaded > (select app) > Uninstall. Reboot device. Check Apps. Gone!
    Very similar to what Tamoghno Banerjee described.

Thanks to Cobalt, Conite, & of course, Wulf. Thanks everyone.
    01-25-16 12:29 PM
    And, following a tip from BigBadWulf, I installed Cobalt's Mobile Network, and what a thing of beauty that is. It worked!
    Mobile Network > More Android Settings > Apps >Downloaded > (select app) > Uninstall. Reboot device. Check Apps. Gone!
    Very similar to what Tamoghno Banerjee described.

Thanks to Cobalt, Conite, & of course, Wulf. Thanks everyone.
    +1 from me too, for Colbalt232's Mobile Network tool (@ http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...etwork-1.0.apk)

Thanks mate for your continued support. Appreciated.

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 01-26-16 at 01:19 AM. Reason: re-do quote tags as incorrect
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-26-16 01:18 AM
    Those numbers look good to me. Normal for any OS.
    hi conite, i have almost the same problem
    i actually havent had much android apps other than waze and the amazon ones came with my STL-2
    2 months ago i upgraded to the .2474 and since that time the android player is sucking to much battery and when ever im on my data service in anything higher than 2G
    the cell signal always goes between 0 to 3 bars or from 0 to 5 bars never stable
    and i think what causing this is the android apps cause i tried uninstall the waze for example and the sginal and battery lived for long
    so when i returned the waze app again and installed whatsapp the problem came back again, now i upgraded to the .2836 but problem still here
    tried ur 2 bars file loaded them with sachesi but problem still here after 2 days, the andriod player and media is still the second highest
    after system all the time in the list. and the system consume a huge battery unlike before when i used to pull more than 24 hours easily with my light usage. now since the problem still here i just updated it back when i got the update ota
    any other solution! should i try to side load the 2 bar files of a version earlier than the .2474 since my problem start with it ?
    or should i just wait for the .2879 and hope it will be released soon wtih a fix for this!
    01-26-16 03:04 AM
    should i try to side load the 2 bar files of a version earlier than the .2474 since my problem start with it ?
    or should i just wait for the .2879 and hope it will be released soon wtih a fix for this!
    I would wait before messing around much more. It should be soon (I hope).

If Waze seems to be an issue, remember that it continues to run in the background unless you back out of the app and see the "do you wish to shutdown?" screen and select "yes".
    01-26-16 04:06 AM
    If Waze seems to be an issue, remember that it continues to run in the background unless you back out of the app and see the "do you wish to shutdown?" screen and select "yes".
    i will wait then yea

but it isnt the waze or another android app that i installed
    cause i have unistalled all apps deleted my one hotmail account
    security wiped the phone but the problem still android player and system is eatin the battery
    and android apps uploading unusual amount of data to the network
    i never had this problem before the .2474 and the current .2836
    i guess ill just wait the new release but what if the new release didnt fix it!
    01-26-16 04:22 AM
    I am facing the same problem of you with a Q10 that I have at home. And I do not have so many apps, and those that I have, we're downloaded only from BBW. The Q10 of my gf is facing the same problem, but system consumes a bit less. Both of us are running the last update.

BTW I do not have the same problem on my BB LEAP, although I mount on the Q10 the same apps I have on my Leap. It is bizzarre!!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 04:54 AM
    i realy hope it gets fixed
    my problem started with the .2474 and increased in .2836
    01-26-16 05:11 AM
    Sorry, unnecessary post.
    01-26-16 06:17 AM
    Hi
    I have followed the instructions and now situation is that after sidloading the two files with DDPB (can't install Sachesi on my PC) the mobile network tool has stop resounding.
    is it normal?
    Thanks
    Alex
    01-26-16 07:01 AM
    I'm sure I'll get a ton of flack for this, but keeping my BlackBerry is becoming more trouble than it's worth. Not only are software developers from other corporations not supporting it but it seems like BlackBerry has given up also. It's great to have people like Cobalt and Conite come up with fixes that help keep the platform going but that should be the charge of the fine folks in Canada. When I have to jump through hoops to make my device work because a software update was released with a known bug in it, it may be time to look at other options. I've been flying the BlackBerry flag for a long time but if they don't care about supporting their products to keep the customer base happy, why should I?

Posted via CB10
    I've turned off 'automatic updates' on my BB 10 devices. I think it's best to wait for as long as possible before installing software updates from BlackBerry.
    01-26-16 07:08 AM
    Stupid me, I did a security wipe... horrible... do the Sachesi routine... I will never follow BlackBerry advice again...
    lol technical support for BlackBerry has always been either 'take the battery out and put it back in' or 'wipe the device' - even for BlackBerry 10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    01-26-16 07:11 AM
    I've turned off 'automatic updates' on my BB 10 devices. I think it's best to wait for as long as possible before installing software updates from BlackBerry.
    I'm in no rush to install anything with BB10. I'm looking to jump to the Priv or just punt BlackBerry all together.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 07:38 AM
    99 little bugs in the code.
    99 little bugs in the code.
    Take one down, patch it around.
    127 little bugs in the code...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 10:05 AM
    Chen should just send this guy a check for the outstanding work he does
    01-26-16 10:31 AM
    Cobalt, that's a great analysis btw!

For those unfamiliar with Sachesi, this may help:

1) download from here:
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

2) install on your computer

3) run Sachesi

4) plug in your device, and wait for connection

5) unzip the two old Runtime bars linked to in the OP

6) Unclick "only install newer apps" in Sachesi

7 ) drag both bar files into Sachesi

8 ) once complete, reboot device

Don't forget to turn off auto-updates so the 2876 Runtime does not get put right back on.
    Finally remove Snapchat and others. Thankyou. This explain more clear. I am slower, oh well.

Classic Blue
    01-26-16 10:32 AM
    I'm in no rush to install anything with BB10. I'm looking to jump to the Priv or just punt BlackBerry all together.
    Posted via CB10
    Good luck,
    01-26-16 11:39 AM
    Hi
    I have followed the instructions and now situation is that after sidloading the two files with DDPB (can't install Sachesi on my PC) the mobile network tool has stop resounding.
    is it normal?
    Thanks
    Alex
    You'll need to use Sachesi I tried DDPB and it crashed android apps directly...

You will need to install 2013 and 2015 distribution files from microsoft for Sachesi to work.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 09:18 PM
    I used this plugin for Chrome on a Mac for sideloading the bar ART files and it worked flawless:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp

Posted via the CrackBerry App for AndrOS 10
    01-26-16 11:53 PM
892 ... 910111213 ...