Yes and also when I update google maps it shows same

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 05:59 AM
    Everything installs and uninstall but it says (unfortely program has stopped

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 388376
    Last edited by Krushna Allam; 01-20-16 at 06:15 AM.
    01-20-16 06:03 AM
    BlackBerry actually has a knowledge base article on it.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Posted via CB10
    So they suggest doing a security wipe, and then finish by warning you that even after doing so you will have the same issue with android apps? Fascinating. I wonder why they would suggest this?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 09:17 AM
    So they suggest doing a security wipe, and then finish by warning you that even after doing so you will have the same issue with android apps? Fascinating. I wonder why they would suggest this?

Posted via CB10
    Because it's the only way to delete an Android app if you cannot avail yourself of unofficial sideloading techniques.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 09:20 AM
    Additional Note: The first reboot and launch of the Android runtime for the first time takes a while to start.

Second launch is back to normal.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-20-16 11:09 AM
    The first reboot and launch of the Android runtime for the first time takes a while to start.

Second launch is back to normal.
    Agreed. If you have a lot of Android apps installed, it can take as much as 30 minutes for the environment to be configured properly and for the CPU to reach idle. It's important not to interrupt that.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 11:11 AM
    Great job forum, really, awesome support and workaround "works".

On the other side, these things, that's why people stop using Blackberrys... I use a Classic and enjoy the efficient, clean, fast BB OS combined with the versatility of the different Android apps. So yes, for me, the BB10 + Android WOULD be perfect IF they would only make Android work better.
    01-20-16 02:24 PM
    Because it's the only way to delete an Android app if you cannot avail yourself of unofficial sideloading techniques.
    Really...a full security wipe? Seems a little drastic. Doesn't resetting the phone to factory defaults achieve the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 03:02 PM
    Really...a full security wipe? Seems a little drastic. Doesn't resetting the phone to factory defaults achieve the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    That's what a security wipe is. Not everyone has a computer where they can use Link to reload their OS or use an autoloader.
    01-20-16 03:08 PM
    That's what a security wipe is. Not everyone has a computer where they can use Link to reload their OS or use an autoloader.
    Not exactly.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 03:09 PM
    Not exactly.

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly. How do you restore factory settings by just using your device? Security wipe. There is nothing else.
    01-20-16 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unless I'm wrong, factory resetting a BB10 phone means doing a security wipe.

Selecting "Factory Reset" in Link reloads your carrier's official OS.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 03:13 PM
    It's nice of you to make excuses for them. I am trying hard to imagine a scenario whereby someone is so desperate to delete an Android app that they absolutely have to do a security wipe and they cannot even wait until they have a PC available to restore their data properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 03:28 PM
    It's nice of you to make excuses for them. I am trying hard to imagine a scenario whereby someone is so desperate to delete an Android app that they absolutely have to do a security wipe and they cannot even wait until they have a PC available to restore their data properly.

Posted via CB10
    Restoring data would probably restore the Android app too - or at least some portion of it. That wouldn't work.

The real crime is to not be issuing a hotfix for the hotfix immediately.
    gfondeur, FF22 and Doggerz like this.
    01-20-16 03:30 PM
    So do the apps installed from amazon app store uninstall?
    01-20-16 03:34 PM
    So do the apps installed from amazon app store uninstall?
    Nope.
    01-20-16 03:35 PM
    Cobalt, would it be possible to put a link to this thread on the first post of the "Cobalt's official Google Apps Landing Page"? I was updating my passport and my son's Z30 and as I only do this every couple months, I always go to the first post to refresh my memory on what to do, check I have the most recent version of your google apps, etc. Everything was running fine until I went to install the patched Google maps on the Z30 and I uninstalled the previous version as per the landing page and then everything of course messed up. It took quite a bit of searching to discover the runtime issue. It would be SUPER helpful if you could have a little note in the section that says "Remove any unpatched version of Google Maps from your device (if existent), EXCEPT if you are running software version x.x. Click here"

Thanks for ALL your help as always!!

P.S. Thanks to Conite for posting the link in post #4516 in that thread. I sideloaded the 2 files, restarted the phone, went to playstore to uninstall google maps, installed my patched file and everything works now. Woot!
    01-20-16 03:45 PM
    Great job forum, really, awesome support and workaround "works".

On the other side, these things, that's why people stop using Blackberrys... I use a Classic and enjoy the efficient, clean, fast BB OS combined with the versatility of the different Android apps. So yes, for me, the BB10 + Android WOULD be perfect IF they would only make Android work better.
    I guess I don't see it that way... At least, there is a community here where unofficial workaround is available. I would be more frustrated when there's a problem and the only solution is the wait for an official.

That's why I liked OS7... I can shrink the OS to the files that i actually needed.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 03:53 PM
    Restoring data would probably restore the Android app too - or at least some portion of it. That wouldn't work.

The real crime is to not be issuing a hotfix for the hotfix immediately.
    Speculation. Anyway, obviously there would be no need to also restore the app(s) that were to be deleted in the first place. Unless unintentionally perhaps? Seems a it far fetched.

As for the hotfix, I am still not convinced this is a bug. I am not talking about obvious cause and effect. I am talking about this being part of a longer term strategy to limit the functionality of the runtime for non-Blackberry sanctioned uses.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:00 PM
    I am talking about this being part of a longer term strategy to limit the functionality of the runtime for non-Blackberry sanctioned uses.

Posted via CB10
    Like Amazon appstore - one of the two official BlackBerry Appstores?
    01-20-16 04:06 PM
    Nope.
    So why if they support amazon app store why would they give a solution to wipe device doesn't make sense to me.
    Maybe next update will get rid of art
    01-20-16 04:14 PM
    Good news (maybe). 10.3.2.2879 was just spotted. This could be the fix. It's not available yet though.
    01-20-16 04:14 PM
    So why if they support amazon app store would they give a solution to wipe device doesn't make sense to me.
    The only way to delete an Android app without using unofficial sideloading techniques, or using a computer, is to perform a security wipe on the device. That is why they are suggesting that as a workaround if you are desperate to remove an Android app.

This will not delete the Amazon appstore off the device, it will only reset the device to factory condition. You can then proceed to reinstall whatever you want.

Our "unofficial" method is of course much better.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 04:18 PM
    The only way to delete an Android app without using unofficial sideloading techniques, or using a computer, is to perform a security wipe on the device. That is why they are suggesting that as a workaround if you are desperate to remove an Android app.

This will not delete the Amazon appstore off the device, it will only reset the device to factory condition. You can then proceed to reinstall whatever you want.

Our "unofficial" method is of course much better.
    What I'm saying is if they know we can't delete android apps why have support for amazon appstore which is android apps. I know the android runtime .2813 is the fix but if they know it is broken hope they fix it. Lol
    01-20-16 04:21 PM
    What I'm saying is if they know we can't delete android apps why have support for amazon appstore which is android apps. I know the android runtime .2813 is the fix but if they know it is broken hope they fix it. Lol
    Well, as best we can tell, it's just a bug with the latest OS.
    Kenshy1983 and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 04:24 PM
892 ... 45678 ...