Hm... i think i did something wrong... i downloaded sachesi but i couldn't run it because it was missing vcruntime140.dll file

so i went and tried the old ddpb... installed it, and it didn't work... android apps would crash... then uninstalled the bar file and android app still crashes then the phone freezes a bit... help?

i dont want to reload OS at this time...

edit: oddly... Snap still works...
    01-18-16 09:46 PM
    Hm... i think i did something wrong... i downloaded sachesi but i couldn't run it because it was missing vcruntime140.dll file
    I ran into the same problem re: missing "vcruntime140.dll.file" last night. You checked out this Youtube video (see below), which provides instructions on how to fix this.

In addition, the link to the file via Microsoft is below.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Not sure if you can still correct the issue by using Sachesi after installing via ddpb. But you can try reinstalling the bar files again via Sachesi again to see if it will correct the installation.
    CrazyJo82 likes this.
    01-18-16 10:01 PM
    Great... now it tells me I'm missing msvcr120.dll

Nevermind... installed the 2013 and 2015 distribution files...

Update:
    Ok... so, no luck but a step forward... by using Sachesi to install the bar files, android app still crashes but doesn't freeze the phone... however, when i installed the bar file, it told me on the the file was already installed...

i think realized the "only install new file" was checked off and tried loading the bar files again... and i'm just waiting...

Update 2: nope, android app still crashes... i can make do without my android apps anyway except for the weathereye...

AH HA! SOLVED! WHEN IN DOUBT, REBOOT!

installed the bar... rebooted phone and android apps are working again... and uninstalled the apps i don't use!

THANKS FOR THE WORK AROUND!

i guess, i'll stop using ddpb for BB10 and keep it for playbook...

thanks for reading! lol hopefully my babbling will help others who made the same mistakes...
    Last edited by CrazyJo82; 01-18-16 at 11:58 PM.
    vincentkong likes this.
    01-18-16 11:28 PM
    fix this, fix that..........sounds like android.
    01-19-16 02:32 PM
    fix this, fix that..........sounds like android.
    At least we CAN fix it. When Apple breaks something, you have to wait for them.
    01-19-16 03:08 PM
    Yeah! Great job! Thanks for sharing. It was my first time installing Sachesi and I didn't expect to run into these issues as well too. And the first obstacle for me was installing the proper extractor programs to handle 7z and RAR files. Ha!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-16 03:10 PM
    I never upgraded but has Blackberry made any acknowledgement of this issue and said when they will fix it. I just recently bought a passport.
    01-19-16 03:10 PM
    I never upgraded but has Blackberry made any acknowledgement of this issue and said when they will fix it. I just recently bought a passport.
    They have acknowledged that "some people have reported the issue". Beyond that, they haven't said much.
    01-19-16 03:13 PM
    [Further] Tips for first-time Sachesi installers. (Particularly those on Windows10) This is based on my experience this morning, having not used Sachesi since running it on an old XP machine a while back.

1. Make sure you have 7Zip extractor installed.
    2. Install the 32bit Visual C++ runtime from MS.
    3. Use the 2nd most recent version of Sachesi (as of this moment 2.0.2 Windows - the most recent wouldn't work for me)
    4. Extract Sachesi to it's own folder and run from that location.

Proceed. Just throwing in my 2 cents. All is well for me now per the other instructions on this thread.
    4 cheers for you both, Conite and Cobalt!
    01-19-16 03:19 PM
    [Further] Tips for first-time Sachesi installers. (Particularly those on Windows10) This is based on my experience this morning, having not used Sachesi since running it on an old XP machine a while back.

1. Make sure you have 7Zip extractor installed.
    2. Install the 32bit Visual C++ runtime from MS.
    3. Use the 2nd most recent version of Sachesi (as of this moment 2.0.2 Windows - the most recent wouldn't work for me)
    4. Extract Sachesi to it's own folder and run from that location.

Proceed. Just throwing in my 2 cents. All is well for me now per the other instructions on this thread.
    4 cheers for you both, Conite and Cobalt!
    I'm having good luck with Sachesi 2.0.3.
    chickentender likes this.
    01-19-16 03:26 PM
    I'm having good luck with Sachesi 2.0.3.
    Good to know. For me I was already reaching impatient and didn't investigate any further than trying the next release back.
    01-19-16 03:38 PM
    Another botched release from BlackBerry ...
    01-19-16 04:21 PM
    Good to know. For me I was already reaching impatient and didn't investigate any further than trying the next release back.
    i'm on win7... and after installing the 2013 and 2015 distribution file things, the 2 error message went away and side loaded the bar files and issue resolved!
    01-19-16 06:53 PM
    Still waiting to see if this issue gets 'fixed' via an update to the runtime or an update(s) to Blackberry World and Amazon Appstore.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 07:01 PM
    So I tried Sachesi 2.0.3 on my Windows 10 computer. I had minor issues at first but it's working great now. The Android apps on my Passport are finally working well again and I can uninstall apps.

So I extracted the files and I got the common missing dll errors: vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll.

You must install BOTH x86 and x64 versions on your windows 10 64bit computer for this thing to behave, it seems. I tried just doing the x64 but one and it won't work. Someone already mentioned this somewhere else on this forum (props to them).

Go to this link Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and hit download, and select/install both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe.

Then hopefully 2.0.3 will also work on your Win10 machine.
    01-19-16 09:49 PM

So I extracted the files and I got the common missing dll errors: vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll.

You must install BOTH x86 and x64 versions on your windows 10 64bit computer for this thing to behave, it seems. I tried just doing the x64 but one and it won't work. Someone already mentioned this somewhere else on this forum (props to them).

Go to this link Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and hit download, and select/install both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe.

Then hopefully 2.0.3 will also work on your Win10 machine.
    Actually, you only need the 32 bit ones.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-19-16 09:58 PM
    BlackBerry actually has a knowledge base article on it.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

"A resolution is currently unavailable.". Really?

Their suggested workaround? A security wipe.

Rather drastic, don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-19-16 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    It really is the only "officially" available method to delete an Android app as sideloading is not sanctioned.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-19-16 10:34 PM
    Worst solution workaround ever.
    anon(679606), FF22 and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 02:23 AM
    At least our community got a solution thanks helpers

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606) likes this.
    01-20-16 02:25 AM
    Without CB I would have long ago discarded the Passport rendered almost unusable if one follows the absolutely idiotic BlackBerry tech support which is neither technical nor supportive at all...

At least our community got a solution thanks helpers

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 04:03 AM
    BlackBerry actually has a knowledge base article on it.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

"A resolution is currently unavailable.". Really?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it was me who raised it with them. My guess is they don't have any employees left with the knowledge to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 04:06 AM
    I updated the first post with the latest infos. Thanks Deckard79 for raising the problem to Blackberry.
    01-20-16 04:16 AM
    Cobalt232 I have installed previous version but then photos was installed but not working

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 05:35 AM
    You mean Google Photos?
    01-20-16 05:49 AM
892 ... 34567 ...