cobalt and conite ..... even re install if not possible if the icon is removed .....
    cobalt ..... i am using ur playstore and i must commend ur job ..... thanks a loooooooooot for providing us the playstore ..... can i know if u have posted the link somewhere for the newer version of playstore or does it get updated on its own ? also is there a way i can install google play services without A PC?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 01:49 AM
    Just FYI, if one has previously attempted to uninstall an Android app but failed to do so because of the issue highlighted by this thread, and did the quick fix but still unable to properly removed said android app (or reinstall for that matter due to the fact that android app icon isn't at one's homescreen), simply install the cobalt-MobileNetwork apk, head to more android settings, apps, select the android app in question and uninstall from there.

seriously, big thanks to Cobalt232 and Conite.

edit : clarified some matters
    01-17-16 02:32 AM
    It looks like the app is uninstalled if your trying to do it (the icon is removed from your desktop), but the app remains installed hidden in the filesystem. You can overwrite the already installed app by just doing a reinstall. But you cannot remove it from the filesystem. That's the bug.

If you read post 1 and run the check that is described there you will understand the issue.
    Thank you.
    01-17-16 04:37 AM
    how many days it may take ,should i weight for new update to fix or do it manually
    01-17-16 06:52 AM
    Thanks for info u are a huge asset for blackberry

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 07:07 AM
    No problems on my end...it seems to a good build for me.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    01-17-16 07:22 AM
    how many days it may take ,should i weight for new update to fix or do it manually
    No point in waiting, just follow the instructions and do it manually.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-17-16 07:28 AM
    .2876 with ART issue is done by BlackBerry intentionally or by mistake?
    01-17-16 07:52 AM
    cobalt and conite ..... even re install if not possible if the icon is removed .....
    cobalt ..... i am using ur playstore and i must commend ur job ..... thanks a loooooooooot for providing us the playstore ..... can i know if u have posted the link somewhere for the newer version of playstore or does it get updated on its own ? also is there a way i can install google play services without A PC?

Posted via CB10
    After downgrading the Runtime, you can delete an app that has no icon from Google Settings, or Google Play Store.

You only need a PC for patching - not for installing the Google Play Services apk itself.

Link to Play Store thread. Look at first post for latest version:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344
    Last edited by conite; 01-17-16 at 11:48 AM.
    01-17-16 08:10 AM
    Thank you all that were involved with this as well as reporting it to BlackBerry directly.
    01-17-16 08:18 AM
    Just FYI, if one has previously attempted to uninstall an Android app but failed to do so because of the issue highlighted by this thread, and did the quick fix but still unable to properly removed said android app (or reinstall for that matter due to the fact that android app icon isn't at one's homescreen), simply install the cobalt-MobileNetwork apk, head to more android settings, apps, select the android app in question and uninstall from there.

seriously, big thanks to Cobalt232 and Conite.

edit : clarified some matters
    i am not able to delete the way u described ..... the mobile network app just crashes and i still see the app if i re run it

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 08:29 AM
    i am not able to delete the way u described ..... the mobile network app just crashes and i still see the app if i re run it

Posted via CB10
    have you done the quick fix?
    01-17-16 10:37 AM
    have you done the quick fix?
    what is the quick fix u r reffering to ? the bar files by conite ? i dont have PC

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 11:38 AM
    what is the quick fix u r reffering to ? the bar files by conite ? i dont have PC

Posted via CB10
    In that case you'll have to live with the bug until Blackberry rolls out a fix.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-17-16 12:58 PM
    After downgrading the Runtime, you can delete an app that has no icon from Google Settings, or Google Play Store.

You only need a PC for patching - not for installing the Google Play Services apk itself.

Link to Play Store thread. Look at first post for latest version:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344
    thanks a lot conite for providing the link ..... i downloaded the latest files and then it asked me to update ..... i updated all 3 of them ..... i hope i did the steps right? playstore is working fine but i am not able to register update registeration on blackberry google id as it says that this id already exists ..... what am i supposed to do with it ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by preeti111; 01-18-16 at 12:18 AM.
    01-17-16 01:11 PM
    In that case you'll have to live with the bug until Blackberry rolls out a fix.
    i hope bb comes out with a fix soon .....

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 02:11 PM
    My low opinion of JC&Cie just tanked inasmuch as I will believe this android defect to be PURPOSEFUL until PROVEN otherwise...

.2876 with ART issue is done by BlackBerry intentionally or by mistake?
    idhbar likes this.
    01-17-16 02:19 PM
    In that this does break the android runtime I would advise NOT installing any bb10 updates until a good number report on CB the update is OK since they could potentially make it irreversible...

I would not trust their numerology since they could very well proffer the same crippled runtime under a new version moniker...

BlackBerry brings out justified paranoia...

i hope bb comes out with a fix soon .....

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 02:22 PM
    In that this does break the android runtime I would advise NOT installing any bb10 updates until a good number report on CB the update is OK since they could potentially make it irreversible...

I would not trust their numerology since they could very well proffer the same crippled runtime under a new version moniker...

BlackBerry brings out justified paranoia...
    I think you're jumping the gun slightly and it's only regular paranoia. If the runtime ever completely breaks, I'll believe you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-17-16 03:58 PM
    clever move by blackberry

Posted via the Ferrari of smartphones: LG FLEX 2
    idhbar likes this.
    01-17-16 06:33 PM
    "Clever" or deceitful ?? At very least disgraceful...

clever move by blackberry

Posted via the Ferrari of smartphones: LG FLEX 2
    simon williams4 likes this.
    01-18-16 02:51 AM
    Sorry for noob questions, but I only got my first BB with OS 10 two weeks ago, so I'm still learning the basic tech stuff.
    Here are my OS stats - do I have this problem? (And then two questions at bottom.)
    BlackBerry Classic, Model SQC100-3
    Software Release 10.3.2.556
    OS Version 10.3.2.858
    Build ID 857418
    Cryptographic Kernel Version 5.6.2.44214
    Radio Version 10.3.2.859
    WebKit Version 10.3.2.31
    Browser Version 10.3.2.31
    Carrier - Verizon Wireless
    1) Do I have the uninstall problem described in this thread?
    2) Should I turn OFF "Automatically Download and Install Software Updates"?
    3) I installed a few apps through Google Play Store and the Patcher. (I had installed Google Account and Google Settings and Blackberry Google ID.) However, when I start some of my apps, I get this message: "TeamViewer relies on Google Play services, which is not supported by your device. Contact the manufacturer for assistance." Should this be happening? (In the particular case of Teamviewer, when I hit OK to that message, the app then seems to work, although Teamviewer itself is clunky.)
    Thanks, esp to Cobalt and Conite.
    Last edited by glnz; 01-18-16 at 11:32 AM.
    01-18-16 11:15 AM
    1) Do I have the uninstall problem described in this thread?
    2) Should I turn OFF "Automatically Download and Install Software Updates"?
    3) I installed a few apps through Google Play Store and the Patcher. However, when I start some of them, I get this message: "TeamViewer relies on Google Play services, which is not supported buy your device.
    1 ) you are on 10.3.2.858. The problem only exists on 10.3.2.2876
    2 ) you can turn off automatic updates if you like, or simply perform the described Android Runtime fix if you update to 10.3.2.2876
    3) you need to install Cobalt's modified Google Play Services and patch your TeamViewer app to work with it. See here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914930
    01-18-16 11:20 AM
    Any way to manually uninstall apps using ghost explorer? (for example)

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 03:48 PM
    Any way to manually uninstall apps using ghost explorer? (for example)

Posted via CB10
    No.
    01-18-16 03:49 PM
892 ... 23456 ...