if you reset the phone, the issue is solved eventually? (untill you reinstall and uninstall an android app again at least) anyone tried?
    Last edited by stuck_788; 01-16-16 at 01:28 AM.
    01-15-16 04:27 PM
    Looks like Telus is holding off on pushing out any updates until this is fixed.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-15-16 06:27 PM
    I have updated it... but then will roll back the Android Runtime.

Overall its smoother and idle drain is minimal. everything's good except Android Runtime.

Thanks Cobalt and Conite for all the help here..!

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2876 
    01-15-16 09:02 PM
    Yes you do. Everyone has.
    Um... no i don't. I can delete and reinstall android apps with no issues on my BlackBerry Classic. Works fine.
    01-16-16 03:20 AM
    Um... no i don't. I can delete and reinstall android apps with no issues on my BlackBerry Classic. Works fine.
    What versions of sys.android and sys.android.shell are installed on your phone?
    01-16-16 04:12 AM
    What versions of sys.android and sys.android.shell are installed on your phone?
    How do I tell?
    01-16-16 04:21 AM
    Lol
    That's how we know you don't know what you talking about
    01-16-16 09:31 AM
    So let me get this straight - if I delete unwanted Android apps PRIOR to upgrading the OS, and continue to use my installed (and wanted) apps as before, everything should run ok?

I've been using an older version of the Starbucks app because the newest version, with the order-ahead feature, doesn't work with the Runtime. The older app works well about 95% of the time, but sometimes it's slow to load, and very rarely it crashes altogether. Once, about 3 months ago, I had to uninstall it through Google Play and then reload the apk from my stored files. My question - if I upgrade to the buggy Runtime version, would I be able to reload a functional Starbucks app without using Conite's solution? I have never used Snap, and I'm not eager to start now.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-16-16 10:09 AM
    So let me get this straight - if I delete unwanted Android apps PRIOR to upgrading the OS, and continue to use my installed (and wanted) apps as before, everything should run ok?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Yup. No problem.

As to the Starbucks issue, no you wouldn't be able to reload it once on the new OS, because that involves first deleting the old one.
    01-16-16 10:14 AM
    Yes you do. Everyone has.
    Not me. Count me out.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 10:22 AM
    Not me. Count me out.

Posted via CB10
    What specific steps have you performed to confirm this?

You would have the golden device, and it would have to be sent to NASA for analysis.
    jzajac, gfondeur and Montmartre like this.
    01-16-16 10:28 AM
    Woof! It does not work, the minute you delete an app poof its still there also, some apps will not run.
    01-16-16 10:30 AM
    Not me. Count me out.

Posted via CB10
    If you installed the latest BB10 update you have the issue (without down grading the two Runtime bars), you just don't know you do.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-16-16 10:59 AM
    How do I tell?
    Never mind. At this point, I think there is no simple way by which you would collect that info.
    Please confirm that your phone is running OS 10.3.2.2876.
    01-16-16 11:28 AM
    if you reset the phone, the issue is solved eventually? (untill you reinstall and uninstall an android app again at least) anyone tried?
    anyone?
    Stonecoldpl likes this.
    01-16-16 12:46 PM
    If you installed the latest BB10 update you have the issue (without down grading the two Runtime bars), you just don't know you do.
    If you have a lot dysfunctional android apps, then you have a problem. I don't, cause I only use one from Amazon and it's functioning well. I dont have to uninstall one that is working properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 03:45 PM
    If you have a lot dysfunctional android apps, then you have a problem. I don't, cause I only use one from Amazon and it's functioning well. I dont have to uninstall one that is working properly.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously you don't understand the issue. Apps function just fine, uninstalling now that is a problem. As long as you stay with those offered by Amazon then I suppose the issue may not affect you.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-16-16 03:49 PM
    I got the 2836/2876 update OTA weeks back & then noticed the uninstall defect... researching on CB as usual found the solution... downgrade to 2813 android RT&shell & ALL is well except for nags to update to 2836/2876 to ignore... I have dozens of android apps installed from amazon, google play cobalt, & other sources & ALL are working fine...

As for where to find solutions, I would not ever imagine asking BlackBerry Support about this... isn't that sweet ??
    01-16-16 04:19 PM
    What specific steps have you performed to confirm this?

You would have the golden device, and it would have to be sent to NASA for analysis.
    Yeah, I have a great PP SE device coz I don't install those Android apps. I have an Android phone where I put all those apps that gives you problem on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 04:23 PM
    In point of fact, I posed the question to BlackBerry Advanced Support as as follow up to a prior ticket; SILENCE is what I received...nada !!

Is it lost on passport owners the android runtime was a big sales pitch & now is cited as a downside? I have found almost not a single android app that doesn't function on my passport which is as fast as the day it arrived over a year ago...
    01-16-16 04:23 PM
    Yeah, I have a great PP SE device coz I don't install those Android apps. I have an Android phone where I put all those apps that gives you problem on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    OK. So you were just wasting our time. Understood.
    jzajac, Doggerz, gfondeur and 1 others like this.
    01-16-16 05:37 PM
    Conite, with all due respect, none of this is a waste of time... despite many entry level postings by myself & others, I for one could not operate my device without all the help I glean on CB from such as yourself for which I am grateful.
    RAMChYLD likes this.
    01-16-16 05:44 PM
    Lol
    That's how we know you don't know what you talking about
    I don't know some version number so therefore I'm wrong about being able to uninstall my android apps? (just tested it again btw, I can still uninstall and reinstall my apps fine).

Your logic makes no sense.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 05:46 PM
    (just tested it again btw, I can still uninstall and reinstall my apps fine).
    It looks like the app is uninstalled if your trying to do it (the icon is removed from your desktop), but the app remains installed hidden in the filesystem. You can overwrite the already installed app by just doing a reinstall. But you cannot remove it from the filesystem. That's the bug.

If you read post 1 and run the check that is described there you will understand the issue.
    gfondeur and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    01-16-16 06:11 PM
    Conite, with all due respect, none of this is a waste of time... despite many entry level postings by myself & others, I for one could not operate my device without all the help I glean on CB from such as yourself for which I am grateful.
    Read what he posted. He was messing with us.
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-16 at 10:41 PM.
    gfondeur and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    01-16-16 06:59 PM
892 12345 ...