Cobalt and Conite thank you!! I will wait it out till Blackberry come up with a solution
    01-14-16 06:36 AM
    I'm more impressed with the mobile network app you linked
    it's nice to turn off data for android apps without disabling data for bb apps.
    01-14-16 09:39 AM
    I downloaded some games from snap after installing the games it's get downloading but it's not download. Always shows downloading error. Just now I installed two games(gun ship battle,mission impossible rogue nation) from snap it's also getting error message! I'm using snap and I didn't install stuffs like blackberry google I'd, google play services, play store.

Thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    Solution is on first post, please, please USE YOUR PC!
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-14-16 09:46 AM
    I'm more impressed with the mobile network app you linked
    it's nice to turn off data for android apps without disabling data for bb apps.
    Can you point me to the link please?
    01-14-16 10:48 AM
    Use BB10 / Playbook App Manager Extension with Google Chrome to revert the two android runtime BAR files from the previous OS build version (OS 2813) via Wi-Fi (Wireless) connection back to your (Older or Recent) BB10 devices.

No USB-connection directly to PC or Mac required for just in case that you have issues with USB and BB10 devices for making a connection through between PC or MAC and Sachesi.

This is a alternative solution to install BAR files through Wi-Fi and my Passport and Q10 devices are solved afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 and swaggardo like this.
    01-14-16 10:56 AM
    Thank you cobalt
    01-14-16 11:14 AM
    question I have is this... I have 2836/2876 on my passport OG but finding the android removal failure I did the android RT&shell reversion to 2813 via Sachesi... is it time to allow the OTA nag to go forth? Will it break my android again? would I need to revert everything to 2813 first and then allow the hopefully new OTA to proceed in hopes the android RT & OTG some report broken to proceed ? or is it hopeless & I should leave it as is awaiting news ??
    01-14-16 02:00 PM
    question I have is this... I have 2836/2876 on my passport OG but finding the android removal failure I did the android RT&shell reversion to 2813 via Sachesi... is it time to allow the OTA nag to go forth? Will it break my android again? would I need to revert everything to 2813 first and then allow the hopefully new OTA to proceed in hopes the android RT & OTG some report broken to proceed ? or is it hopeless & I should leave it as is awaiting news ??
    Updating OTA will just put back the broken Runtime again.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    01-14-16 02:28 PM
    down load the files to your desk top, unzip them into two separate files than side load just like you did SNAP..poof fixed....

WOOF!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-16 06:39 PM
    Use BB10 / Playbook App Manager Extension with Google Chrome to revert the two android runtime BAR files from the previous OS build version (OS 2813) via Wi-Fi (Wireless) connection back to your (Older or Recent) BB10 devices.

No USB-connection directly to PC or Mac required for just in case that you have issues with USB and BB10 devices for making a connection through between PC or MAC and Sachesi.

This is a alternative solution to install BAR files through Wi-Fi and my Passport and Q10 devices are solved afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this info, I didn't know that extension had been updated with Wireless capabilities.
    Last edited by Akainzo; 01-15-16 at 02:26 AM.
    01-15-16 02:13 AM
    I installed the latest version of viber on my new BlackBerry Passport and I can not install a working version now. I will wait for a couple of weeks to for a fix from BlackBerry, only after they if the fix update will be late I will sideload a previous version of the OS.
    In this time I will make sure to install only working apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 02:19 AM
    I've been using Sachesi to install the 2 bar files but the sys.android.shell 10.3.2.231 always is stuck at 50% and does doesn't do anything else. Does anyone have the solution?
    01-15-16 02:19 AM
    Thanks for this info, I didn't know that extension had been updated with Wireless capabilities.

Chrome Extension BB10 / PlayBook App Manager via Wi-Fi.

It works like a charm.

100% perfect on my MS Windows XP machine (PC).

See the tutorial / how-to-do manual here below.

How To Sideload Google Play Client Snap For Android Apps On BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Empire

The reason why I did and troubleshooted was that I had to revert the two BAR files of Android Runtime from the previous OS build of BlackBerry (OS 10.3.2.2813) and put those back into my old BB10 device (Q10) which is not my daily driver anymore and I use this device only as a back-up smartphone.

Another reason behind of it is that I can't directly make a USB-connection between my pc and Sachesi with my Q10 no more (Except my Passport which it normally does work). It's very strange to me and I have the latest version of BlackBerry Link with compatible BB drivers installed on my pc (MS WinXP).

My daily driver device is still my OG Passport and in the future I will buy and use the Priv afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 01-15-16 at 07:16 AM.
    Palmiga and millwright40 like this.
    01-15-16 05:30 AM
    Great stuff as always Cobalt and Conite. Hopefully BlackBerry fixes this soon
    01-15-16 06:45 AM
    I don't have this issue. Thank goodness.
    01-15-16 06:49 AM
    I don't have this issue. Thank goodness.
    Yes you do. Everyone has.
    01-15-16 06:57 AM
    use DDPB
    01-15-16 07:50 AM
    THE OP is right on with this analysis. <snip>.
    The understatement of the year, but I know what you mean. Cobalt is a wizard. He and conite are excellent communicators, always breaking things down to a level that "the average Joe" can understand. A shout out to thurask as well who is just as good when he feels like it
    KenV54, jzajac and circus_boi like this.
    01-15-16 11:47 AM
    I agree... sometimes I need to read through many pages of fluff to come upon the meat of the issue... the three cited here (& others) are always informative, on topic, timely, and accurate to a point where what they recommend is not gonna brick your fone... cudos !!

As for what 2836/2876 broke, isn't anyone at blackberry ashamed ?

The understatement of the year, but I know what you mean. Cobalt is a wizard. He and conite are excellent communicators, always breaking things down to a level that "the average Joe" can understand. A shout out to thurask as well who is just as good when he feels like it
    01-15-16 12:00 PM
    Hi, my phone automatically downloaded the update and is asking for reboot to apply changes, but I don't want to. How can I stop the process? How can I access and delete the update files or whatever it needs to undo this?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 03:01 PM
    Hi, my phone automatically downloaded the update and is asking for reboot to apply changes, but I don't want to. How can I stop the process? How can I access and delete the update files or whatever it needs to undo this?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but it is too late to stop the process. You will just have to complete the process now then follow steps as outlined in many other posts to change the 2 bar files OR simply just do NOT delete any android apps. Everything will work well.
    01-15-16 03:13 PM
    Sorry, but it is too late to stop the process. You will just have to complete the process now then follow steps as outlined in many other posts to change the 2 bar files OR simply just do NOT delete any android apps. Everything will work well.
    Ouch! Ok, thanks for answering. Hope blackberry releases a hotfix asap

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 03:45 PM
    Am I the only one who found the Andoid apps to hang with the 2876 Android RT? Maybe it was a temporary glitch--I didn't stay with them very long to find out.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 03:58 PM
    Am I the only one who found the Andoid apps to hang with the 2876 Android RT? Maybe it was a temporary glitch--I didn't stay with them very long to find out.

Posted via CB10
    I have not noticed this and I am using the newer ART files right now.
    01-15-16 04:03 PM
    hope they solve it soon
    01-15-16 04:18 PM
892 1234 ...