I was told by Bell that Blackberry put a stop on the downloads for OS 10.3.1 because of the so many errors that they had. I was also told that the update should be done using Blackberry Link and not OTA (over the air) because... it is missing key components. I kind of don't believe this. What is your take on this?

Here's the underlying story: I downloaded OS 10.3.1 over the air as soon as it became available. After that when I was using Blend it would disconnect every 10-15 minutes. Fooling around with the Windows Firewall for different settings I still couldn't get it to work for more than 15 minutes. A while later I discovered that my Z10 was giving me \at reboot a blinking LED error code of 1101111 (LED blinking twice pause then blinking 4 times). I did a security wipe on my phone with no luck: Blend has the same issues and the blinking error comes on every 3-rd or 4-th reboot. On top of that the phone was restarting by itself. I have sent my phone over to be repaired (I had a warranty plan) but now I am wondering if the errors were not caused by the OS itself...
    Last edited by Stef007; 03-07-15 at 07:06 PM.
    03-07-15 05:27 PM
    What is your take on this?
    It's true as has been discussed greatly already here.

And yes, 10.3.1 has many issues.

These are known issues and fully acknowledged.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-07-15 05:32 PM
    OTA updates are the worst thing you can do to your phone. I have answered hundreds of complaints, calls for help and rantings on these boards and in every case it was from an OTA update.

Upgrade your phone using a download from this file:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/

download the file to your PC, unzip it to your PC, close link, cable to your phone and click the exe. I did exactly that and NOT ONE ISSUE.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-07-15 05:33 PM
    Did you update the Blackberry Link and Blackberry Blend after you downloaded the 10.3.1?
    03-07-15 05:35 PM
    Did you update the Blackberry Link and Blackberry Blend after you downloaded the 10.3.1?
    I have downloaded on the same day that the 10.3.1. became available. I have Client 1.1.0.17 and Blend 1.1.0.65.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:03 PM
    @Bla1ze : I did a search for the error code I was getting in the forums and I didn't have too much luck on finding anything clear about it. Also I don't see my exact issue listed in that original list of reported issues, that's why I posted about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:08 PM
    OTA updates are the worst thing you can do to your phone. I have answered hundreds of complaints, calls for help and rantings on these boards and in every case it was from an OTA update.

download the file to your PC, unzip it to your PC, close link, cable to your phone and click the exe. I did exactly that and NOT ONE ISSUE.
    Thanks for the instructions! I do believe though that it should not be made available OTA then if it has so many errors...
    They should make it available only through BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the instructions! I do believe though that it should not be made available OTA then if it has so many errors...
    They should make it available only through BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    I agree! And there are so many issues that they pulled it!

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    03-10-15 09:15 PM
    And you end up with completely wiped device - back to factory default and all user data gone. Not a good option for the average user.
    03-10-15 09:25 PM

Clean install is superior. :-)

Issues will arise when restoring any necessary data, such as contacts, and you end up with an incomplete contacts list, which can happen, too.

The question is whether the integrity of your data set (as it is stored on the phone right now) or the full flawless functionality of the phone is more important...

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    Rustybronco likes this.
    03-10-15 09:54 PM
    OTA is very ok. I did mine and the process was seamless
    05-20-15 10:47 AM