Hello, I updated my Z30 in 10.3.1.1154 with non destructive blitz leak using sachesi 2.0. After update android player was unable to launch, I had black screen with the green loading line, blocking at 75%. I made a wipe of my phone and after that android player launched correctly. I restored my backup and again android player doesn't want to launch. It's weird.

Posted via CB10
    It's for this reason that it is usually frowned upon to restore any data after performing a wipe of the device or using an autoloader. Any possible corrupted data file that has just been purged from the device is just loaded right back on. It's probably best if you repeat the wipe and then download your apps again to ensure that they work with the android runtime, as you have said the android player launches correctly after wiping. If you feel like you must restore data, avoid restoring your device settings and the runtime.

Also, were you upgrading to 10.3.1.1154 from an earlier build of 10.3.1? Or did you come from another OS (10.3.0 or lower)? If you restore from another 10.3.1 it's less likely you'll run into problems but if you upgraded from a different build your settings probably won't be compatible and you'll create problems where there weren't any before.
    KenV54 and leto13 like this.
    12-02-14 09:26 AM
    Hello, I updated my Z30 in 10.3.1.1154 with non destructive blitz leak using sachesi 2.0. After update android player was unable to launch, I had black screen with the green loading line, blocking at 75%. I made a wipe of my phone and after that android player launched correctly. I restored my backup and again android player doesn't want to launch. It's weird.

Posted via CB10
    You must do a custom restore and uncheck Android Runtime in the apps list.

Posted via CB10
    leto13 likes this.
    12-02-14 10:37 AM
    Posted via CB10
    From which OS did you update to .1154? I would advice clean Autoloader if problem persist
    leto13 likes this.
    12-02-14 10:43 AM
    no z3 on the phone list?

I mistyped it as Z5. Just choose that option and I'll fix it

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:28 AM
    It's for this reason that it is usually frowned upon to restore any data after performing a wipe of the device or using an autoloader. Any possible corrupted data file that has just been purged from the device is just loaded right back on. It's probably best if you repeat the wipe and then download your apps again to ensure that they work with the android runtime, as you have said the android player launches correctly after wiping. If you feel like you must restore data, avoid restoring your device settings and the runtime.

Also, were you upgrading to 10.3.1.1154 from an earlier build of 10.3.1? Or did you come from another OS (10.3.0 or lower)? If you restore from another 10.3.1 it's less likely you'll run into problems but if you upgraded from a different build your settings probably won't be compatible and you'll create problems where there weren't any before.
    Another case on someone commenting on something they know little about. The Android Runtime issue described is normal and happens after most upgrades. It will clear itself without further attention. The only restore that MAY create minor issues is restoring Settings, a full restore of Applications and Media will NOT create issues. If that were the case, OTA upgrades would rarely be successful.

If you haven't experienced the described issue, don't bother commenting, you just fill the thread with nonsense and misdirects...
    12-02-14 12:00 PM
    Another case on someone commenting on something they know little about. The Android Runtime issue described is normal and happens after most upgrades. It will clear itself without further attention. The only restore that MAY create minor issues is restoring Settings, a full restore of Applications and Media will NOT create issues. If that were the case, OTA upgrades would rarely be successful.

If you haven't experienced the described issue, don't bother commenting, you just fill the thread with nonsense and misdirects...
    I have personally encountered issues related to either or both the "system applications" and the "blackberry runtime" components of the applications portion of the Link backup / restore as well.

In theory, you are correct that a non-destructive update should not introduce errors or cause problems, but it can - particularly with leaks. A device can get itself into a state that was unforeseen by BlackBerry, and therefore causes disruption to the update process. Many of these have been accounted for by the time an OS becomes official, but not always.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    jzajac likes this.
    12-02-14 12:19 PM
    Great idea with the poll and results summary in your OP!!! I looked at the results first so didn't realize that some scales are 1 to 5 and others are 1 to 3.

Passport to a w - i - d - e world
    12-02-14 12:44 PM
    I have personally encountered issues related to either or both the "system applications" and the "blackberry runtime" components of the applications portion of the Link backup / restore as well.

In theory, you are correct that a non-destructive update should not introduce errors or cause problems, but it can - particularly with leaks. A device can get itself into a state that was unforeseen by BlackBerry, and therefore causes disruption to the update process. Many of these have been accounted for by the time an OS becomes official, but not always.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    What is in the BlackBerry Runtime? Certainly more than just the Android Runtime app. I suspect it contains saved data from Android apps which, if not restored, results in a lot of work re-registering these apps. Upgrading an OS shouldn't be so labor intensive. I recall way back in 10.1 or 10.2 a real problem in restoring the Blackberry Runtime, but since then has it created difficulties within the same major OS grouping?

And the System Applications? I'm not sure which ones they are or how you deselect them, or why it's necessary to do so.
    dark0ne_ likes this.
    12-02-14 12:48 PM
    What is in the BlackBerry Runtime? Certainly more than just the Android Runtime app. I suspect it contains saved data from Android apps which, if not restored, results in a lot of work re-registering these apps. Upgrading an OS shouldn't be so labor intensive. I recall way back in 10.1 or 10.2 a real problem in restoring the Blackberry Runtime, but since then has it created difficulties within the same major OS grouping?

And the System Applications? I'm not sure which ones they are or how you deselect them, or why it's necessary to do so.
    Most android apps restore fine (including their settings) without the "BlackBerry Runtime" (which does contain extra Android data files but has nothing to do with the Android Runtime bar file). Clash of Clans is an example of an android app that requires the BlackBerry Runtime to restore properly.

"System applications" contain settings for system apps like the browser bookmarks for instance.

Problems launching Android apps from their Hub notifications have been associated with both of these items.

Like I said, if you stick to official OSes, you don't usually have issues with these.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    KenV54 likes this.
    12-02-14 12:55 PM
    Most android apps restore fine (including their settings) without the "BlackBerry Runtime" (which does contain extra Android data files but has nothing to do with the Android Runtime bar file). Clash of Clans is an example of an android app that requires the BlackBerry Runtime to restore properly.

"System applications" contain settings for system apps like the browser bookmarks for instance.

Problems launching Android apps from their Hub notifications have been associated with both of these items.

Like I said, if you stick to official OSes, you don't usually have issues with these.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    OK, thanks, much clearer to me now.
    12-02-14 01:18 PM
    My Z10 gets really hot during heavy usage and multitasking. Anyone else experiencing this?
    STL-2

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 02:08 PM
    Great idea with the poll and results summary in your OP!!! I looked at the results first so didn't realize that some scales are 1 to 5 and others are 1 to 3.

Passport to a w - i - d - e world
    Yeah sorry I didn't make it clear. I'm going to convert this poll into a template so that we can work together on improving it for the next leak

Here's the template (click on the icon then click on the "pop-out" icon near top right)
    Last edited by grahamf; 12-02-14 at 02:30 PM.
    geekaren likes this.
    12-02-14 02:18 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    I believe I said that the restore to avoid would be settings, did I not?

I personally love the non destructive loading of a new OS as it's my preferred method when I get a carrier release, and when I feel like loading a leak I head right to sachesi as it couldn't be easier. I also know that the times I have restored after using an autoloader after a big version jump from 10.1 to 10.2, and so on, problems tend to appear. My personal experiences have led me to avoid restoring from any backups when using an autoloader since I don't always mind the additional time required for setup, but I much prefer to do it with an OTA or sachesi update rather than an autoloader. I'm only making suggestions based on my own experiences, and when users who have been around like conite have similar experiences it is a pretty good indication that there's some substance to the statement.

I will agree with your point that filling a thread with useless information is never a good thing. Thanks for sharing.
    gambit09 likes this.
    12-02-14 03:14 PM
    From which OS did you update to .1154? I would advice clean Autoloader if problem persist
    I updated from 10.2.1.2977, I will do another wipe and restore without android player as said below.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:50 PM
    Battery not better than other 10.3.x.xxx. I had the best battery with a 10.2.

Radio seems better than 10.3.1.1016

Q10 OS10.3.1.1154
    Last edited by Niels B; 12-03-14 at 04:25 AM.
    12-02-14 06:19 PM
    This battery life is insane
    OS 10.3.1.1154 Findings and Fixes-img_20141202_210211.png

Posted via CB10
    icniagara likes this.
    12-02-14 08:03 PM
    WiFi was working great initially. Been just over a week on this version and now having issues getting a signal. All other devices are connected so definitely not a network problem. Battery also draining really fast all of a sudden. Might have to downgrade if this issue persists.

Posted via my Z10: 10.3.1.1154
    Attachment 318334
    12-02-14 11:19 PM
    Use the 939 radio.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:23 PM
    Could it be that swipe to unlock is gone? Whenever I swipe from bottom to top, it just activates the display but doesn't unlock. I can't find an option to enable or disable this, just an option to disable swipe to activate.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before - I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:59 PM
    try a long swipe , worked for some people
    12-03-14 03:14 PM
    I have to press twice or triple times to end a call. Red colored End Call button gets several taps before it recognizes that its actually pressed.

Anyone to confirm?

Z10 STL100-1, Autoloader
    12-03-14 03:19 PM
    I have to press twice or triple times to end a call. Red colored End Call button gets several taps before it recognizes that its actually pressed.

Anyone to confirm?

Z10 STL100-1, Autoloader
    Yeah, It happens. But I experienced this even on official os versions too so don't really see as a leak OS bug. I think, this is more network related than the os. When I end a call, sometimes the call screen don't go immediately and it remains in same state as if the phone is hanged at least for 6-7 seconds. Maybe, same time when I end call, the network switches from H+ to 3G or 2G. I have often observed that at those particular moments, if there is sudden change in bands, phone acts like this. Same thing used to happen on my previous Z10 and even on 9810.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:54 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the first time I did the new OS leak for Passport, I swear I saw Battery Saver as one of the quick settings. Now that the restore is complete, that setting is Now gone on quick settings.
    12-03-14 08:10 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the first time I did the new OS leak for Passport, I swear I saw Battery Saver as one of the quick settings. Now that the restore is complete, that setting is Now gone on quick settings.
    Have you tried to restore Quick settings?
    Go to Settings -> Quick Settings click Restore Defaults on bottom bar.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:24 PM
    Have you tried to restore Quick settings?
    Go to Settings -> Quick Settings click Restore Defaults on bottom bar.

Posted via CB10
    Cool. Thanks. I KNEW I wasn't seeing things.

Blend isn't able to run now. Is there a fix?
    12-03-14 08:36 PM
893 ... 2122232425 ...