Info:

I blitzed this OS from 10.3.0.xxx on my Verizon z30.
    The following improvement :
    1) I can have 6 panels open AND the camera. Previously, if I had more than 4 panels open then openwd the camera app, the camera would fail to open.

Problems detected so far:
    1) a weird diagnostic screen appeared today. It was on the lower right corner of all screens. It was transparent to the camera (could not capture a screen shot). It was also transparent to key presses. I could type and press icons as if it wasn't there. I had to reboot for it to get removed.

2) There might be a problem with GPS. Glymps does not perform well.
    For example:
    A) Tracking is slow.

B) Often, the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction.

3) Runtastic fails fails offer. and looses gps satellite fix.

4) I heart radio disconnects often

So, those are my finds so far. I won't roll back (not sure if I could although I did a complete backup) .

Hope a new radio or patch for this leak shows up soon, but I'm not in a rush.

One more thing, I also have and using a z3 in the USA. The first attempt at the blitz failed due to incompatible radios. Had to download the same file and re-attempt the blitz with the Sachesi beta.

Posted via CB10
    What did you do right before the diagnostic box showed up? I was connected to the Bluetooth of my car and it popped up right after I disconnected

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:08 PM
    Battery drains really fast on this build. Also takes forever to charge.
    Other than that everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    marshall1727 likes this.
    11-01-14 12:11 PM
    Guys! It's been explained zillions of times! To remove diagnostic box just swipe across a battery icon in the left upper corner of the screen.
    bobshine likes this.
    11-01-14 12:12 PM
    Swipe finger from left to right om the battery icon and it will disappear (2 or 3 times )

I got a little box on the bottom left that showed up with info on CPU, frame rate... Anyone know how to get rid of it? Doesn't show up on screenshot

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:22 PM
    Battery drains really fast on this build. Also takes forever to charge.
    Other than that everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    Battery though is one thing that I am very satisfied with this build until now.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:28 PM
    every 10.3.1 for me has had wifi dropping issue's, this bulid its not as bad 1154 was the only one that everything worked perfect on, ive used autoloaders with no restore and secuirty wipes, only thing i havnt tried is reloading the wifi bars as i only know one name but someone on CB posted not so long ago theres 2 bars, if anyone could help i'd be nice and i'd be greatfull, it cant be my router because i never had wifi issue on 1154:/

Posted via CB10
    same issue here ...
    I have tried everything and all leaks with clean restores-SIC wipe etc but the wifi connection has serious problem ...
    Only 1154 works perfect for my Q10
    I really hope someone comes with a fix , cause blackberry in my opinion im afraid will deliver 10.3.1 for Q10 with the issue....
    memberjoe likes this.
    11-01-14 12:42 PM
    Charging a fully depleted Z10 STL-2 took me about 2 hours. I cannot really tell about the battery drain. It seemed OK for me with ~24 hours with light usage.

With regards to calendar notifications: I have tested this intensly and all notifications work but not the calendar. I also reseted all profiles to see if something went wrong with the profiles during the upgrade from 938. But it didn't help, still no audio, vibration or led. Only the popup gets displayed.
    voiceover likes this.
    11-01-14 12:42 PM
    I think there's another about Mr Wu's Chinese Laundry. When I first got married my in-laws (from Yorkshire) delighted in playing it for me. Still married.

Posted via CB10
    "Are you with me Dr. Wu? Are you really just the shadow of the man that I once knew? Are you crazy are you high, or just an ordinary guy? Has she finally got to you? Are you with me Doctor?..." (Steely Dan)

Sorry Colin. I may have been waiting most of my life to use this lyric from the lovely Steely Dan song!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:47 PM
    Attachment 311169

'little' bug :s anyone had the same issue and resolved it?!

Posted via CB10
    Have you chek your phone settings?
    11-01-14 12:47 PM
    Took some work on Z10 STL-100 to get the setup to load after the auto loader, had to do a security wipe and battery pull after using the auto loader. Update is super snappy and android run time seems improved. Have the white keyboard going with everything in dark background looks really good. Battery seems okay but that takes some time before I actually know if it is good.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:48 PM
    Guys! It's been explained zillions of times! To remove diagnostic box just swipe across a battery icon in the left upper corner of the screen.
    Even if this was "quoted" in every reply, people still won't see it. S M H

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-01-14 12:59 PM
    same issue here ...
    I have tried everything and all leaks with clean restores-SIC wipe etc but the wifi connection has serious problem ...
    Only 1154 works perfect for my Q10
    I really hope someone comes with a fix , cause blackberry in my opinion im afraid will deliver 10.3.1 for Q10 with the issue....
    The wifi issue, happens everywhere? What network band are using 2.4 or 5 Ghz? What kind of router.

Everyone in here says they have WiFi issues but give no details so is hard to troubleshoot or narrow the issue.
    Naeg1995 and gfondeur like this.
    11-01-14 01:04 PM
    Can someone post a screenshot of the hub with reverse contrast enabled?

Posted via CB10
    You can't get get a screen capture of reverse contrast as the change is how the screen displays the image to you, not how it is rendered. I'm pretty sure it was you that asked either in this thread or another and I showed you the hub was still white in a screen capture even with contrast turned on.

And before anyone else gets confused, let me state reverse contrast is a accessibility feature NOT, and I repeat NOT how you get the dark hub. You will need to wait until BlackBerry releases the dark hub hopefully in a future build. Reverse contrast reverse the colors of EVERYTHING and it makes the phone look horrible outside of the hub IMHO.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-01-14 01:06 PM
    Been using it since .800 .
    Works fine on mine.
    But I turned off 'stay awake' since whenever I'm in my car, I have to make sure I turn off the screen since the movement of the car also will be detected by my phone and hence the screen is lighted the whole journey until I reached to a traffic lights where I stopped for more than 30 seconds. Then only it turned off by itself.

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1016
    Hmm, so if I have the phone lying flat on the desk and the screen times out (and locks?) the screen should come on, yes? Well, that it doesn't. Didn't when I was on 10.3.14xx leak either. Maybe it's a hardware compatibility thing: I have STL100-3 but I see you have a Z30.
    11-01-14 01:07 PM
    The wifi issue, happens everywhere? What network band are using 2.4 or 5 Ghz? What kind of router.

Everyone in here says they have WiFi issues but give no details so is hard to troubleshoot or narrow the issue.
    ill use mine as example, 2.4, channel 6, did a scan theres only my wifi and neighbours wifi on channel 6 in the area, it drops if i move out of the room its in, yet on 1154 when i left the room the router is in it wouldnt drop or anything

Edit - our router is a standard Sky one

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:07 PM
    Works fine so far. But I can't seem to restore my backup via BlackBerry Link. I get a notification to run Setup app on the phone...

Zed10 - STL1 [10.3.1.1016]
    You need to let the setup app finish (yes, and go through all the swipe tutorials) before the setup is considered to be finished.
    11-01-14 01:16 PM

"Everyone" is not true I don't have any issues wrt WiFi, only missing calendar notifications...
    11-01-14 01:21 PM
    "Are you with me Dr. Wu? Are you really just the shadow of the man that I once knew? Are you crazy are you high, or just an ordinary guy? Has she finally got to you? Are you with me Doctor?..." (Steely Dan)

Sorry Colin. I may have been waiting most of my life to use this lyric from the lovely Steely Dan song!

Posted via CB10
    No worries. Glad I could help.
    11-01-14 01:27 PM
    ill use mine as example, 2.4, channel 6, did a scan theres only my wifi and neighbours wifi on channel 6 in the area, it drops if i move out of the room its in, yet on 1154 when i left the room the router is in it wouldnt drop or anything

Edit - our router is a standard Sky one

Posted via CB10
    OK that happens just at your house or happens anywhere else where wifi is accessible?

Is your wifi password protected? Have you tried switching wifi channels? Is your router firmware up to date?

Channel 6 is usually the most crowded one since most routers default to this channel
    11-01-14 01:28 PM
    For those of you having a hard time deleting messages (notifications and BBM) from the Hub, try this trick.
    1. Press the icon in the top right hand corner of the Hub.
    2. Click the trash can on each individual message you want to delete:
    OS 10.3.1.1016 Fixes & Findings-img_20141101_142356.png

Previously I would use select more and delete to delete a bunch of messages. This is much faster as it doesn't require a long press on a message to bring up the menu, it then select Select More, only to then select the messages followed by a big delete.
    The only downside is it shrinks the visible subject line some so I went into the settings to turn off filing messages as I almost never bulk file messages:
    OS 10.3.1.1016 Fixes & Findings-img_20141101_142757.png

And now there is a little more real estate for the subject line:
    OS 10.3.1.1016 Fixes & Findings-img_20141101_142810.png

SnoozerBold and RoseBud68 like this.
    11-01-14 01:29 PM
    OMG the camera app in 10.3.1 blows the one in 10.2.1 out of the water.
    1. It auto focuses MUCH faster.
    2. You tap on the screen where you want to focus versus the odd drag and drop of there reticle.
    3. Pictures are taken MUCH faster.
    4. Zooming seems fast to me.
    5. It auto prompts you to go into HDR if it senses contrasting light.
    6. Likewise the HDR pictures seem to "snap" a little faster.
    7. The controls are much more intuitive now (for me anyway).

It could be me but I even think the screen is sharper when in camera mode compared to the old one.

Thank you BlackBerry!

mrjmc99, gfondeur and codeslinga like this.
    11-01-14 01:46 PM
    Even if this was "quoted" in every reply, people still won't see it. S M H
    That much is true. What I don't get is how some people are so anxious to install a leak that they don't take the time to read through the thread before installing. If I didn't know what I was doing, I would want as much info as possible before diving in. Sheesh!

Maybe if some people would just stop answering the redundant questions......
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-01-14 02:15 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:19 PM
    That much is true. What I don't get is how some people are so anxious to install a leak that they don't take the time to read through the thread before installing. If I didn't know what I was doing, I would want as much info as possible before diving in. Sheesh!

Maybe if some people would just stop answering the redundant questions......
    Yeah it's annoying to see that level of incompetence fill threads. I've just resorted to ignoring people that do that stuff, as I consider it unlikely they'll be creating engaging discussions anyhow. There were still people asking how to get blend working and disable watermarks, people installing the wrong OS' altogether, not knowing that 10.3 was passport only.... Those sort of things, I feel, should be moderated out of the thread in topics like this, which I feel should have a "development" tag on them so people know if they post that sort of waste it'll be removed, but that's not how this site operates. Ignoring is just about the only thing you can do.
    11-01-14 02:24 PM
    This appear suddenly on my screen, i dont know how to fix this. Please help. By the way i have z3.

Attachment 311290

Posted via CB10
    Please help with what? What suddenly appeared?
    joeragan likes this.
    11-01-14 02:25 PM
1,593 ... 2223242526 ...