Hey everyone!!

I was wondering if it's possible to get the calendar from 10.2.1 installed into the OS 10.3.1?

I don't like the new calendar at all and it seems really inefficient and doesn't look productive at all. I'd like the new OS but not with the new calendar.

So if there's a way to get the old 10.2.1 calendar in 10.3.1 I would like to ask you to please tell me.

Thank you in advance!!

02-04-15 05:09 PM
    Just load the old bar over it and hope it works.

While the new calendar does not "look" as good, it works just fine and I can't corroborate your assessment over it's productivity prowess.
    02-04-15 07:08 PM
    Be curious to hear if what diegonei suggested works.
    02-05-15 01:10 PM

While the new calendar does not "look" as good, it works just fine and I can't corroborate your assessment over it's productivity prowess.
    What I do not like about it is that I can no longer swipe from month to month in the month view. You have to swipe, then choose a month from the next screen. It is annoying. I prefer the old calendar as well.
    02-05-15 01:29 PM
    What I do not like about it is that I can no longer swipe from month to month in the month view. You have to swipe, then choose a month from the next screen. It is annoying. I prefer the old calendar as well.
    I might be misreading this, but have you tried a vertical swipe on the month view?

Posted via CB10
    PHughes, TrueKulcha and sin-co like this.
    02-05-15 01:31 PM
    Be curious to hear if what diegonei suggested works.
    I am very curious too. I'm currently in my exams so there's no time for me. But if I can find out how to install single bars and get it installed (still new to BlackBerry and saschesi etc.) then I will get back here of course.

02-05-15 01:39 PM
    I might be misreading this, but have you tried a vertical swipe on the month view?

Posted via CB10
    You read it right, I was swiping horizontally as in the old calendar. I had not seen that you could swipe vertically. It isn't as natural but it works. I would prefer the old way, since you aren't having to scroll up or down before it changes months, but it works.

Thanks for the reply and the tip. Solved that issue.
    sin-co likes this.
    02-05-15 01:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeh... First the call screen goes from vertical swipe to side-to-side. Then the calendar goes from side-to-side for month view to vertical.

I gave up trying to understand this madness some time ago.
    flyingsolid and GSM-S like this.
    02-05-15 01:45 PM

The growing numbers and the bars that showed up to the left of them indicating where in the day appointments were made is definitely a functionality feature. The removal of these features makes absolutely no sense. And I don't know why BlackBerry makes it so difficult to average everyday users of their product to provide feedback. Instead they listen to small focus groups who are confused at something being a little different.
    02-05-15 03:36 PM
    It might work, but there are several annoying things about it. One is the UI - the layouts are confusing and the green colors/giant circle are certainly annoying to look at all day. The agenda view is also not as good as before IMO (I prefer the old daily agenda with the weekdays shown on top instead of the new weekly agenda with the confusing day ranges shown at the top). And, talking about the month view mentioned in the other post specifically, scrolling up and down between the months is fine, but it is very hard to say where the month starts or ends - it's just a page full of big bold numbers, dots and circles everywhere.

Basically, they have made it more difficult to analyze the data presented on the screen by quickly glancing at it (you need to look at it hard and try to understand what you are looking at), which reduces functionality and productivity.

But, I admit that I like the fact that you can now create a Remember task from the calendar app, and also recurring tasks. If they had done that with the 10.2.1 UI, that would have just been fantastic!
    02-05-15 04:49 PM
    KR2013, amazing conclusion. Thank you for that.

We want and need an efficient calendar. The calendar is one of the essentials what makes the BlackBerry efficient. Is the calendar ****, the phone suffers and is less productive.

I don't need Facebook, instragramm or what it's called.

I chose BlackBerry to have a device what makes working/studying easier.

PHughes and VeryBumpy like this.
    02-05-15 04:58 PM
    The calendar, just like the call answer screen, is the result of fiddling with things for the sake of fiddling with something.

I wonder if 10.3 fixes things like the remote file access, adds access to local network shares, etc...
    PHughes and muindor like this.
    02-05-15 05:39 PM
    I would also like to have the old calendar back. Right now I just have a green dot and blue diamond on every day. The 10.2 vertical lines was perfect. I could at a quick glance tell that I had a brief business meeting in the morning and a long personal appoint for the whole afternoon of the next day.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes and muindor like this.
    02-05-15 06:23 PM
    Ssbtech & Jordan

Exactly!!

02-06-15 04:36 AM
    The growing numbers and the bars that showed up to the left of them indicating where in the day appointments were made is definitely a functionality feature. The removal of these features makes absolutely no sense. And I don't know why BlackBerry makes it so difficult to average everyday users of their product to provide feedback. Instead they listen to small focus groups who are confused at something being a little different.
    Their focus group is probably the same as what Google used because my friend complains about the same issue on Lollipop, just a bunch of coloured dots that forces the user to drill down to find more detail.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-06-15 08:50 AM
    Wrong path for BlackBerry in my opinion!!

02-06-15 09:06 AM
    It might work, but there are several annoying things about it. One is the UI - the layouts are confusing and the green colors/giant circle are certainly annoying to look at all day. The agenda view is also not as good as before IMO (I prefer the old daily agenda with the weekdays shown on top instead of the new weekly agenda with the confusing day ranges shown at the top). And, talking about the month view mentioned in the other post specifically, scrolling up and down between the months is fine, but it is very hard to say where the month starts or ends - it's just a page full of big bold numbers, dots and circles everywhere.

Basically, they have made it more difficult to analyze the data presented on the screen by quickly glancing at it (you need to look at it hard and try to understand what you are looking at), which reduces functionality and productivity.

But, I admit that I like the fact that you can now create a Remember task from the calendar app, and also recurring tasks. If they had done that with the 10.2.1 UI, that would have just been fantastic!
    Sir , we share some BB genetic code here. I do agree with you very much!! I might be getting into creating remeber task from the calendar and recurring tasks. I hope they can clean up the mess they made with the rest. I am a major cal. user and this is going to be a big focus at first for me. Lets make improvements!
    02-20-15 07:55 PM
    I also think this new calendar is horrible. I also use the agenda to view, as I have 4 accounts with calendar data on the screen and this is just confusing now. I would personally love the functionality of 10.2.1 back.
    02-27-15 06:00 PM
    For everyone's appreciation:

OS 10.3.1 with 10.2.1 calendar?-img_20150227_214932.png

So, anyone already tried to load a 10.2 calendar into 10.3?

CB on Q10
    02-27-15 07:35 PM
    I'm bumping this thread because I agree with so many of the posters here: with the old calendar I had an excellent, clear visual representation of what my month looked like, but now with a screen of dots as pictured above, I find I have to go in and out of each day to really see what's happening. Basically the visual of the old calendar gave more information with less clutter, and I'd love to have that back. Other than that, I love 10.3.1
    03-14-15 10:13 PM
    I hope to see the old 10.2 calendar back as well!
    Growing numbers and informative bars. That works very good.
    04-29-15 03:27 AM
    The OS 10.3.2.500 has both back, they listened. I hope the official 10.3.2 still has got it and they'll keep it this way and don't make silly experiments with dots and squares. I more and more have the feeling 10.3.2 is that what 10.3.1 was meant to be.

04-29-15 06:23 AM
    Anyone with links to the 10.2.1 calendar bar?
    06-29-15 07:35 PM
    Anyone with links to the 10.2.1 calendar bar?
    Can't do that. (if you're considering putting it on a device with 10.3.X)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 06-29-15 at 10:40 PM.
    06-29-15 07:37 PM