I totally agree, I was expecting more from the OS 10.2. I'm sorry but with this release, maybe, we are reaching the level of (android and iOs) speaking of features but we are still far away.... You can't still say this is the best OS even if I love it.
    I don't see efficient handling of lockscreen notifications (you can move through categories by clicking on notification icons) and replying to Toast notifications (not possible in Android and iOS, without leaving current application) in Android and iOS. It takes next step, which you will soon see them following in one way or another. Moreover OS 10.2 gives best of 2 worlds, one is awesome BB10 OS with its effective communication and security advantages and second Android (with latest runtime update, applications/games are really running better than many high end android phones).
    10-20-13 12:12 PM
    with latest runtime update, applications/games are really running better than many high end android phones).
    This is false. My android apps on my GS3 runs better than Z30 and the S3's CPU is at a lower clock speed. The fastest android handsets would further increase the disparity let alone a S3. It's like comparing a physical machine vs a virtual machine; a VM would be slower.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-20-13 01:08 PM
    I'm using the .1047 leak, and I agree that 10.2 is awesome. I don't think the release of OS10 would have flopped the way it did if it had been as full featured as 10.2 is. The reason why 10.2 is underwhelming to some people is that a lot of its changes are subtle and not explained anywhere. There are many things that I either discovered by mistake or I learned of by reading a comment in a random post.

Toast notifications are the most obvious addition, and I would have been happy with that, but my phone does seem to be smoother since I got it, and this a little list of my biggest 10.2 surprises; some of these have been mentioned here, but perhaps you didn't notice them right away either:

Extra editing options in the photo editor; you can touch the preview pic on the camera to expand it for a full view and you get an option to delete it there if you don't like it; HDR photos; picture app organizes photos better now, you can see pics from latest to oldest; pressing the power button quickly three times activates a mode that will read the text on the screen to you; BBM group notifications; you can color code your different email accounts in the hub; the system now remembers who you share various types of messages with and makes tiles for those people for easier sending.

I'm tired of writing now, but I'm sure there's a lot more. There are things I would still like to see added as well -is there an auto answer setting anywhere?- but people's expectations are way too high if all these refinements don't qualify as a significant update.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:18 PM
    This is false. My android apps on my GS3 runs better than Z30 and the S3's CPU is at a lower clock speed. The fastest android handsets would further increase the disparity let alone a S3. It's like comparing a physical machine vs a virtual machine; a VM would be slower.
    I spoke from personal experience, not some supposition. If your experience varies, it can depend on various factors like release version, number of applications on both phones,etc. But in normal conditions, the performance of android apps especially games is significantly better on 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:31 PM
    i want to send videos via bbm, they can make it low res vids i dont really care.
    ..... you can send videos via bbm what device you using pre 83xx series O_o
    gfondeur and Jbernardoo like this.
    10-20-13 01:57 PM
    I spoke from personal experience, not some supposition. If your experience varies, it can depend on various factors like release version, number of applications on both phones,etc. But in normal conditions, the performance of android apps especially games is significantly better on 10.2.

Posted via CB10

You're comparing 10.1 to 10.2 but I'm comparing 10.2 android run time to 4.1.2 on a GS3. How fast an app runs is not impacted by the amount of apps installed. Don't get me wrong 4.2.2 runtime is way faster than 2.3.3 on 10.1 but it's not better than an actual device running android with an equivalent processor
    10-20-13 03:14 PM
    I feel like on one hand we have to understand that this is not a major OS upgrade like ios6 to ios 7 for example. Blackberry has already done that from BB7 to BB10, so in terms of a complete revamp of an os we shouldn't be expecting anything like this until Blackberry 11 or something along those lines were to come out. On the other hand these 10.1,10.2,10.3 updates are to condition the OS, refine it and to add new features which realize the current OS's potential. I really liked the features 10.2 brought to my Z10, could they have done more? Perhaps, but blackberry still has to get BB10 up to par with the same features and capabilities that the likes of Samsung and Apple have already established. With 10.2 I feel as if blackberry has closed most of this gap but of course they can't stop there, they must diversify their OS to be able to do everything current super phones on the market can do, and then take it further with a blackberry twist. These are my thoughts anyways.
    idon12no and gfondeur like this.
    10-20-13 04:48 PM
    If you so needed android apps then I think you should buy android choose what ever device fit for you
    That's only my opinion

Posted via CB10
    I love my BlackBerry, the whole point of Android runtime is to attract android developer to this platform. That's the only reason I said big name apps on Android should start landing now.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:08 PM
    I finally installed the leak. I do see huge battery life improvement. Toast notification and preview are all good. I like priority hub. It's a good upgrade but I expected more. I don't know what I wanted with this update, but I still think it is a minor update not a massive like I Thought.

Posted via CB10
    Op, are trying to say that BlackBerry os 10.0.x.xxxx and10.1.x.xxxx were better or which you prefer other than 10.2.x.xxxx?

Sounds like a complain to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:10 PM
    10.2 has some new features, and some rewrites (such as settings). To user, there aren't more then 10 new things I suppose. The biggest changes came to developers, Cascades 10.2, Android 4.2.2, headless apps, and even to developers they might not seem big, but they are. Everyone is complaining about headless limitation, but they're well thought out, it will save them the trouble Android is in right now (everyone keeps using Task killer or phone becomes slow)
    Any headless app that is in the BlackBerry world?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:13 PM
    And I believe, api (headless apps) are on the works. Maybe it will come with 10.2.5.xxxx... because they need to create some option panels for the user to control the apps and how the user will configure the apps that will run in background.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:16 PM
    Op, are trying to say that BlackBerry os 10.0.x.xxxx and10.1.x.xxxx were better or which you prefer other than 10.2.x.xxxx?

Sounds like a complain to me.

Posted via CB10
    10.2 is better, maybe we have been talking about 10.2 for so long, I was expecting an overhaul and another experience. Now that I am 3 days into using it. I have started noticing a lot of changes. I'm a blackberry loyalist, please go easy on me guys. I'm not a hater.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:16 PM
    Only need music equalizer !
    Have a look at Neutron
    10-20-13 06:36 PM
    Any headless app that is in the BlackBerry world?
    According to the BB Dev Twitter channel they sent out a lot a approvals lately.

Stay tuned
    10-20-13 06:38 PM
    I personally believe 10.2 is wonderful! So much better than the 10.0.9 my carrier offers me!
    LOL
    10-20-13 06:40 PM
    In case no one posted the following yet - if you look at the full list of changes, it's pretty significant:

The exhaustive list of everything that's new in BlackBerry 10.2 | CrackBerry.com
    10-20-13 06:46 PM
    No it's not a great update but a REALLY great update!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:50 PM
    At least you actually see changes in blackberry 10 where as in bb os6 and os 7 ,stuff stay the same. 10.2 has lots of improvements but not too much of the cosmetic stuff , therefore I think why this post started.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:02 PM
    Uh, the "minor" changes are pretty significant for me as a "prosumer": battery life, priority hub, colour coding of accounts, attachment view, improved sharing. Coming from 10.1, that is. Oh yeah, 10.2 offers the ability to use an unlocked Android runtime, making almost any Android app usable.
    10-20-13 09:37 PM
    I was mad too when I first installed 10.2. I was used to the good old days when the leak disclaimer was just that, a disclaimer! Now you need to take that seriously and do your homework. Stay on an OS you know and trust until you know there is another out there with some credibility to it and then make the leap or wait for an official.

As far as how great 10.2 is, it is wonderful but it is just an update. The thing that I wanted most was the simple password so everything else is bonus. I like the new runtime because it makes the apps I am already using run so much smoother.
    10-21-13 06:42 AM
    Some people like to complain about everything. It's just the way they live. Hint: keep a safe distance of them.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-21-13 07:05 AM
    I am waiting on the official from Tmobile but from what I have been reading there is a lot in 10.2. The multi alarm and message back features are what I am looking forward to. Has any one with a leak confirmed if you can create groups in contacts. I used to use this to group family together and send out one text to all.
    10-21-13 07:18 AM
    the only thing i am surprised they didnt add to 10.2 is the battery % OPTION. it is available in all operating systems including the legacy BB os so i dont see any reasons why not adding something that useful.
    10-21-13 07:25 AM
    I finally installed the leak. I do see huge battery life improvement. Toast notification and preview are all good. I like priority hub. It's a good upgrade but I expected more. I don't know what I wanted with this update, but I still think it is a minor update not a massive like I Thought.

Posted via CB10
    What would you have changed?
    What did you expect (more features, more improvements?)

IMHO 10.2 is a great update.

And all in all updates are updates. It's progress, fixes, stuff you get for free.
    For now I am pretty happy with 10.2! But expectation will be raised - no doubt.
    10-21-13 09:42 AM
    I wanted 10.2 to add a physical home button like I had on my IPhone.

That way I could wear it out every 6 months and get a new phone on warranty.
    But alas 10.2 only gave us a bunch of cool new features...... oh well maybe next time.

Posted via CB10
    Novaone likes this.
    10-21-13 09:53 AM
104 ... 2345