You can count on me my friend. Firing Sachesi again to replace my 1791. Thanks for the details!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 12:21 PM
    You can count on me my friend. Firing Sachesi again to replace my 1791. Thanks for the details!

Posted via CB10
    I heard some people got radio files that didn't work so I thought giving exact device info would be better this time around.
    11-08-13 12:22 PM
    I heard some people got radio files that didn't work so I thought giving exact device info would be better this time around.
    What's your device? It's fine by now with your upgrade? Any issues, etc? Because 1791 for me it's pretty fine, running very smooth. Z10 STL100-2 here.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:24 PM
    I believe the "radio" situation to be:
    A) It works.
    B) It doesn't work.

I mean, there is no such thing as "better radio", at least for us fellow brazilian because I really really don't believe our carries can (or want to) improve anything nor even choose between more than one "radio version".

That being said (and please correct me if I'm wrong coz I really hope one day our carries will do a good job) I'm going to update using the leaked version again. Just for the records: there was never a time (not even once) I could install an official brazilian version on my BlackBerry :-D and I kind of don't care (just like our carries).

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:26 PM
    I believe the "radio" situation to be:
    A) It works.
    B) It doesn't work.

I mean, there is no such thing as "better radio", at least for us fellow brazilian because I really really don't believe our carries can (or want to) improve anything nor even choose between more than one "radio version".

That being said (and please correct me if I'm wrong coz I really hope one day our carries will do a good job) I'm going to update using the leaked version again. Just for the records: there was never a time (not even once) I could install an official brazilian version on my BlackBerry :-D and I kind of don't care (just like our carries).

Posted via CB10
    It's really hard I must say. By the way, why don't you use Sachesi for upgrade? I mean, leaks are full of bugs, etc... in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:13 PM
    It's really hard I must say. By the way, why don't you use Sachesi for upgrade? I mean, leaks are full of bugs, etc... in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Well... I don't believe leaks have more bugs than using Sachesi because essentially the files are the same. Plus when we use Sachesi we kind of create an "hybrid" version by combining some new files with old (existing) ones.

I guess the best way is to start everything from the ground, I mean, no backup, nothing. That way (by running the leaked autoloader) we have no garbage from previous versions. The downside is having to add everything back manually (I mean apps, accounts, etc).

Maybe we can compare it all to a PC, when you really format the HD and install everything manually versus when you upgrade the existing OS (windows XP to windows 7 for example).

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:49 PM
    Well... I don't believe leaks have more bugs than using Sachesi because essentially the files are the same. Plus when we use Sachesi we kind of create an "hybrid" version by combining some new files with old (existing) ones.

I guess the best way is to start everything from the ground, I mean, no backup, nothing. That way (by running the leaked autoloader) we have no garbage from previous versions. The downside is having to add everything back manually (I mean apps, accounts, etc).

Maybe we can compare it all to a PC, when you really format the HD and install everything manually versus when you upgrade the existing OS (windows XP to windows 7 for example).

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, good point...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:25 AM
    What's your device? It's fine by now with your upgrade? Any issues, etc? Because 1791 for me it's pretty fine, running very smooth. Z10 STL100-2 here.

Posted via CB10
    Z10, no issues. Only burning fuel like crazy since VIVO's LTE is spotty as hell...

Posted via CB10
    BerryLeaks tests them before release and give us "change logs" so if he wants to, he is well aware of what works/doesn't work.

That being said: If you can choose between leak and official, being that both have the same softwaer version, ALWAYS go official.

And that would mean using Sachesi.
    11-10-13 07:49 PM
    Look what Down/Up speeds I got yesterday in Sao Paulo. Vivo's 4G LTE network.
    OS 10.2 in Brazil?-3091954002.png
    11-11-13 05:54 AM
    Updated to 10.2.1 and it couldn't be better. I'm very happy, using my Q10 with Claro as carrier. Everything is running smooth and I had no problem so far :-D

OS 10.2 in Brazil?-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:58 PM
    me 2,but i got a vodafone SIM card update 10.2
    11-12-13 08:49 PM
    Well fellows... I'm starting my second day rocking 10.2.1 and I believe I won't be waiting for any carrier anymore in the future.

Firstly because I feel like begging for something that we should take for granted. Like the garbage collector taking out our trash off the street. Of couse we pay them, but they are doing nothing more than their job and taking care of their responsibilities.

Secondly it's the carriers best interest to have this "opportunity" to tune the OS and make its customers enjoy their networks. I mean, we will be updating one way or another, so the difference is about the carriers participating or not. Again, their interest not ours.

Posted via CB10
    Tahan Alberto likes this.
    11-13-13 04:01 AM
    Updated to 10.2.1 and it couldn't be better. I'm very happy, using my Q10 with Claro as carrier. Everything is running smooth and I had no problem so far :-D

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001.png 
Views:	305 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	220080
    Lucky you have a Q10 and can make calls.
    If I install it on my Z30 I won't be able to make calls yet. I gotta wait a little bit more.
    11-13-13 07:46 AM
    My Z10 is depressed now that it knows of this OS. It is begging me to install but I keep saying "No! I need to make calls! You're a PHONE! Remember that for crying out loud!"

lol

EDIT: Just had the most horrendous experience with this "full 10.2.1". On the bright side, 10.2.0.1791 is available via BB Link.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-14-13 at 10:22 PM.
    11-13-13 09:59 AM
    OS 10.2 in Brazil?-fkdfkj.png

I'm trying to uptdate my Z10 with Sachesi, when I click on "install .bar(s)", appears this list of files. What I do now?
    11-17-13 07:49 AM
    Opt by install folder, and chose the folder were the .bar files are.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:46 AM
    EDIT: Just had the most horrendous experience with this "full 10.2.1". On the bright side, 10.2.0.1791 is available via BB Link.
    There is a index period after a new installation. In that period your smartphone is learning about you, indexing your files, emails and preparing the database it uses to help the daily tasks.

During that period the battery usage is huge and, as the system is constantly being used for all those indexing tasks, there may be some lag.

You really should leave to draw your conclusions and start evaluating the new version after that index period is over, and that can take several hours depending on how much information you have (and when I say you I also mean all your contacts and data about your appointments and etc). I suggest you give it the first day and really test the OS from the second day forward.

The bottom line is that I believe you should give your phone the time it needs to completely "reborn" and then start to real use ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:57 AM
    "Off topic":

Can apps be saved on memory card?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:14 PM
    "Off topic":

Posted via CB10
    Well... you can save the apks on the media card and then use them for installation purpose. So far I haven't seen an option to install the Android apps on the memory card, you can store the apk but they'll install to the device memory. I remember some applications management apps with the option to move installed apps to the memory card (ES File Explorer I believe had this on tools), but I never tried on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:43 AM
    There is a index period after a new installation. In that period your smartphone is learning about you, indexing your files, emails and preparing the database it uses to help the daily tasks.

During that period the battery usage is huge and, as the system is constantly being used for all those indexing tasks, there may be some lag.

You really should leave to draw your conclusions and start evaluating the new version after that index period is over, and that can take several hours depending on how much information you have (and when I say you I also mean all your contacts and data about your appointments and etc). I suggest you give it the first day and really test the OS from the second day forward.

The bottom line is that I believe you should give your phone the time it needs to completely "reborn" and then start to real use ;-)

Posted via CB10
    You're preaching to the priest, pal. I've been using my Z10 since UK launch+30. My issues had nothing to do with anything you talked about lol.

"Off topic":

Posted via CB10
    This isn't android. Apps run from the internal memory and can only be installed there.

I'm trying to uptdate my Z10 with Sachesi, when I click on "install .bar(s)", appears this list of files. What I do now?
    Ctrl+a to select all files and hit Open.
    11-18-13 02:55 PM
    You're preaching to the priest, pal.
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    11-19-13 04:19 AM
    Wait a minute... I'm using Blackberry z10 and I'm new on this... I really want to install 10.2 on it, but can someone answer me, that if I install the 10.2 on my z10 (Oi) by sachesi I will have problems? Like carrier incompatibility ?
    11-20-13 02:14 PM
    Not at all.
    I've already upgraded my Z10STL100-2 to 10.2.0.1803, using Sachesi's app without any problems.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803
    Vivo - Brazil

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    11-20-13 03:27 PM
    Wait a minute... I'm using Blackberry z10 and I'm new on this... I really want to install 10.2 on it, but can someone answer me, that if I install the 10.2 on my z10 (Oi) by sachesi I will have problems? Like carrier incompatibility ?
    Just plug your Z10 to BlackBerry Link... Did you miss the post where I said 10.2.0.424 is available?

Funniest bit: Sachesi will not find 10.2.0.424 if you use Country 724 Carrier (01-40). Still, if you plug to Link...

Tell me now... Did you get your device at Oi? And if so, which state was that?
    11-20-13 06:18 PM
    Any big difference between 1791 to 1803? (battery durability for example).

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:52 PM
134 1234 ...