You shouldn't need a debug token for the runtime on 10.2.1.1055 because it's unlocked. I also heard elsewhere that the Chrome extension doesn't work with 1055. Try Sachesi instead.

Posted via CB10
    You don't need a debug token on this runtime, but if the bars were converted using the debug token method they may and probably wont work on this runtime. You will need to get new signing keys, re-register them, and re-convert your apk's (after removing your existing token)

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:33 PM
    You don't need a debug token on this runtime, but if the bars were converted using the debug token method they may and probably wont work on this runtime. You will need to get new signing keys, re-register them, and re-convert your apk's (after removing your existing token)

Posted via CB10
    No debug token needed because the runtime is unlocked. Just convert with apk2bar.net.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:35 PM
    And I thought yeah we can finally install directly from APK but whats the use/benefit if Skype/Viber/Tango etc have to be kept open since closing the active frame exits the app.

Gosh back to sideloading again...
    11-16-13 10:37 PM
    No debug token needed because the runtime is unlocked. Just convert with apk2bar.net.

Posted via CB10
    It is "unlocked" I was responding to how they may have been converted. If they had used the debug token method they probably wouldn't work without re-registering and re-converting. And, of course there are volumes of sites that will convert them for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:43 PM
    Ahhh yeaa, I read it somewhere that Chrome extension doesn't work on 10.2.1.1055! You might be right then! Now I need to find out what Sachesi is and how to install it haha. Thank you for your help, Chaz95!
    Chrome extension works like it always has.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:54 PM
    Chrome extension works like it always has.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:00 PM
    Does anyone have problem with Internet connection with the PlayBook when bridging with the Z10 on the 1055 leak?
    11-17-13 02:25 AM
    Does anyone have problem with Internet connection with the PlayBook when bridging with the Z10 on the 1055 leak?
    Yes. Bridging is a known issue and I don't believe we have a resolution to that issue at this point.

See this thread for know bugs: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-fixes-873158/
    11-17-13 02:28 AM
    You shouldn't need a debug token for the runtime on 10.2.1.1055 because it's unlocked. I also heard elsewhere that the Chrome extension doesn't work with 1055. Try Sachesi instead.

Posted via CB10
    Chrome extension works with 1055. I used it on my Z10...

Trusted Member Genius
    11-17-13 02:30 AM
    the bars run in the background in the android runtime but the apks cant run in the background for the android runtime. That is a step backwards lol
    This isn't entirely true since SoundCloud gives me updates even without opening it and I installed it via APK.
    11-17-13 12:24 PM
    It is "unlocked" I was responding to how they may have been converted. If they had used the debug token method they probably wouldn't work without re-registering and re-converting. And, of course there are volumes of sites that will convert them for you.

Posted via CB10
    Not entirely true hey. You can use Mometics to just re-upload the debug token to the device. It retrieves all the signed keys and debug token from the BlackBerry Jam site.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip, though!
    11-17-13 01:11 PM
    Did you use iMobile? It's the culprit. Delete it and you won't have problem again. That's what i did.

That's interesting...no, I'm not sure why.

I will download them and test...will let you know!

I'm getting notifications on my Android apps even after I've closed them. Like Clash of the Clans notifies me when an upgrade is complete or Skype continues to run in the background unless I specifically log out.
    11-17-13 03:08 PM
    Delete iMobile and use Good e-Reader App store or Amazon Appstore.

I downloaded .apk files from 1Mobile market and installed it on the device.
    11-17-13 03:13 PM
    In my experience so far, Android apps downloaded from stores or installed direct from APKs do run in the background. I immediately opened up Taskmanager to kill apps, which I did many times in the past, but it did not work the same anymore. Now when I started killing all these apps it would hang and I would see intense battery drain. So I restarted and left it. To my surprise these apps now run in the background in a controlled manner. I don't force close apps anymore and 10.2.1.1055 has great battery life. I do see it drain a bit faster when using an app on LTE/4G data, but it is negated by a slow drain when not using an app. I have checked the Taskmanager once in a while and noticed many Android apps running even though my battery is not draining quickly. Something is different with this runtime and I think it is a lot more like Android in respect to running headless apps.

Also use Ghost Commander to stop unnecessary notifications. Just long press the app and hit manage.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing? It is so much better not having to manage Android apps to curb battery drain. I just let them run now.
    Attachment 221787
    11-17-13 03:39 PM
    In my experience so far, Android apps downloaded from stores or installed direct from APKs do run in the background. I immediately opened up Taskmanager to kill apps, which I did many times in the past, but it did not work the same anymore. Now when I started killing all these apps it would hang and I would see intense battery drain. So I restarted and left it. To my surprise these apps now run in the background in a controlled manner. I don't force close apps anymore and 10.2.1.1055 has great battery life. I do see it drain a bit faster when using an app on LTE/4G data, but it is negated by a slow drain when not using an app. I have checked the Taskmanager once in a while and noticed many Android apps running even though my battery is not draining quickly. Something is different with this runtime and I think it is a lot more like Android in respect to running headless apps.

Also use Ghost Commander to stop unnecessary notifications. Just long press the app and hit manage.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing? It is so much better not having to manage Android apps to curb battery drain. I just let them run now.
    Attachment 221787
    Do you turn off notifications for the 1mobile app store or each individual apps? I'm just doing this now

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:20 PM
    Do you turn off notifications for the 1mobile app store or each individual apps? I'm just doing this now

Posted via CB10
    Yes for 1 mobile but I also ignored the updates on the 1Mobile app for android ports from BlackBerry World. 1Mobile sees them as older versions and requests updates. Just ignore them. It doesn't tell me to update apps downloaded from any app store or installed APKS so when there is actual updates you will know.
    11-17-13 05:59 PM
    Yay - customizable contact sound profiles!

I know this is wishful thinking, but one day I hope to be able to program which # I use for texting each contact - so I don't need to scroll down the entire listing to find the mobile #. I've even tried placing the contact's mobile as their primary/top number in their profile � for some reason I still need to scroll past work#, work fax#, etc, before the mobile # comes up when composing a txt.

Am I the only BB user who doesn't send many txt to landlines? Shouldn't mobile options always be at the top of the list when choosing contacts for sms?

If this is too hard to program into contact software (to remember I use mostly use mobile #'s for sms), then please program the option to "edit" the sms options within the contact's profile. I know in advance that I will never send an sms to my sister's work fax #.
    PJD642 and melb_me like this.
    11-17-13 10:10 PM
    iMobile is corrupted or something? I guess I'll try to download it from Good e-Reader or Amazon.
    11-17-13 11:39 PM
    In BlackBerry os 7 the text / email number / address would default to last used for that contact. There are many features that are missing from 10 that existed in 7, but the gap is closing.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:44 AM
    Ahhh yeaa, I read it somewhere that Chrome extension doesn't work on 10.2.1.1055! You might be right then! Now I need to find out what Sachesi is and how to install it haha. Thank you for your help, Chaz95!
    Chrome extension worked for me. I loaded Snap with it on my Z30.
    chewblock likes this.
    11-18-13 11:25 AM
    Chrome works fine. If you had chrome open and connected to your phone prior to running the autoloader, you might have issues connecting to your phone. Just close chrome completely (task manager). The cert changes when you reflash, chrome sometimes caches the cert in memory and won't connect.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:23 PM
    All things PlayBook have been wiped from the corporate servers.... no future development of any kind will be tolerated!

Just kidding, but you never know..... at some point they aren't going to continue to fix the Bridge.

What I don't like is that even when you have not setup a Bridge Connection, the Bridge App is working in the background. I don't use it very much so I deleted it just to save battery life.
    11-18-13 02:24 PM
    I believe APKs still run in the background even after closing them. This is how I know this, after closing one, use an app such as Ghost Commander to check the app's status, you will see that the app is not entirely exited.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    I believe so too. I close Viber (apk from 1mobile) and still receive messages.

From my Z10 STL100-1 running 10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 03:09 PM
    I managed to get Kakaotalk to work properly (receiving incoming message notification right away) by installing older version of Kakaotalk from apk site. However, I still haven't found the working version for Tango. I can't see my partner's face through a video call but she can see my face on her phone. If anybody got a working version of Tango, I'd appreciate it if you let me know!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:15 PM
    so the bars run in the background in the android runtime but the apks cant run in the background for the android runtime. That is a step backwards lol
    That's right, i thnk the permissions of the bar file allowed much more than the interpretation of the apk permissions in the manifest. that needs a fix..
    11-18-13 03:21 PM
53 123