I just loaded OS 10.2.1 and it seems great but some of apps need to stay open in the background in order for them to work properly..

For example, Kakaotalk messenger and Tango was working flawlessly especially after I downloaded "BlackBerry Runtime for Android" about two weeks ago. However, after I loaded OS 10.2.1, I wouldn't get any message/video notification from Kakaotalk and Tango unless they are open in the active frame.

Does anybody know why?
    Benjamin Simoens likes this.
    11-16-13 08:51 PM
    did you install the bar or the APK
    chewblock likes this.
    11-16-13 08:55 PM
    I just loaded OS 10.2.1 and it seems great but some of apps need to stay open in the background in order for them to work properly..

For example, Kakaotalk messenger and Tango was working flawlessly especially after I downloaded "BlackBerry Runtime for Android" about two weeks ago. However, after I loaded OS 10.2.1, I wouldn't get any message/video notification from Kakaotalk and Tango unless they are open in the active frame.

Does anybody know why?
    That's interesting...no, I'm not sure why.

I will download them and test...will let you know!

I'm getting notifications on my Android apps even after I've closed them. Like Clash of the Clans notifies me when an upgrade is complete or Skype continues to run in the background unless I specifically log out.
    chewblock likes this.
    11-16-13 08:55 PM
    did you install the bar or the APK
    I downloaded .apk files from 1Mobile market and installed it on the device.
    11-16-13 08:57 PM
    That's interesting...no, I'm not sure why.

I will download them and test...will let you know!

I'm getting notifications on my Android apps even after I've closed them. Like Clash of the Clans notifies me when an upgrade is complete or Skype continues to run in the background unless I specifically log out.
    Same here! I've downloaded some apps from 1Mobile market and I kept getting notifications saying my app is downloading, downloaded, completed and etc.
    11-16-13 08:58 PM
    I'm having the same issue as the OP - Voxer has to be open/minimized to give me notifications of new messages. Installed from .apk that I copied to the memory card.
    11-16-13 09:25 PM
    Yes. Because apk's can't run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:25 PM
    try delete the apks and sideload the bar files like you used to
    11-16-13 09:27 PM
    Is check in working on facebook?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:32 PM
    so the bars run in the background in the android runtime but the apks cant run in the background for the android runtime. That is a step backwards lol
    Benjamin Simoens likes this.
    11-16-13 09:36 PM
    I haven't had much luck with the APK files either. I have noticed, however, that after installing 10.2.1 the side loaded apps work pretty good now. When I was running 1791, almost none of the bar files worked. So, I'm happy. Side loading isn't that bad...just seem to be older or out dated versions.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:38 PM
    the bars run in the background in the android runtime but the apks cant run in the background for the android runtime. That is a step backwards lol
    So now we've got these apps & sites to download .apks from Google play and other sites, and the ability to install them directly from the memory card, but they're LESS functional than if I convert them and side load 'em?

(muttering to myself, but immediately going to apk2bar website....)
    11-16-13 09:39 PM
    Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:40 PM
    I believe APKs still run in the background even after closing them. This is how I know this, after closing one, use an app such as Ghost Commander to check the app's status, you will see that the app is not entirely exited.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    11-16-13 09:52 PM
    Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    You're not wrong there is supposed to be better OS level control. The bottom line is that this runtime has a massive amount of changes and is still being worked on. Apis among other things are still being integrated and cleaned up. It's still pretty messy in there.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:55 PM
    the bars run in the background in the android runtime but the apks cant run in the background for the android runtime. That is a step backwards lol
    Actually they do run in the background which is both good and bad. You need to use a launcher to kill the processes and set permissions.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:59 PM
    Actually they do run in the background which is both good and bad. You need to use a launcher to kill the processes and set permissions.

Posted via CB10
    Clarify this for me, please - would I need to use a launcher to set permissions such as notification settings, or do you mean what the app can access (like GPS location, etc)?
    11-16-13 10:03 PM
    So now we've got these apps & sites to download .apks from Google play and other sites, and the ability to install them directly from the memory card, but they're LESS functional than if I convert them and side load 'em?

(muttering to myself, but immediately going to apk2bar website....)
    Yeah this doesn't make sense.. even crackberry app takes extra 4-5 seconds to load up!!

My understanding is that with this OS, you can't sideload .bar files.. am I right?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:10 PM
    Clarify this for me, please - would I need to use a launcher to set permissions such as notification settings, or do you mean what the app can access (like GPS location, etc)?
    Use something like the Ghost Commander app. After launching that app go into the apps page find your app, press and hold, then click manage settings and do your thing

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:12 PM
    Just go into Device Monitor and kill them. They should appear there.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:12 PM
    Yeah this doesn't make sense.. even crackberry app takes extra 4-5 seconds to load up!!

My understanding is that with this OS, you can't sideload .bar files.. am I right?

Posted via CB10
    No - bar files work just fine, depending on how they were converted. In fact, some may work even better that way...at least that has been my experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:14 PM
    Just go into Device Monitor and kill them. They should appear there.

Posted via CB10
    But you can't set permissions there

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    11-16-13 10:15 PM
    No - bar files work just fine, depending on how they were converted. In fact, some may work even better that way...at least that has been my experience.

Posted via CB10
    I've tried to install .bar files using BB10/Playbook App Manager but I kept getting something like "invalid debug token" and I have a valid debug token installed..
    11-16-13 10:18 PM
    I've tried to install .bar files using BB10/Playbook App Manager but I kept getting something like "invalid debug token" and I have a valid debug token installed..
    You shouldn't need a debug token for the runtime on 10.2.1.1055 because it's unlocked. I also heard elsewhere that the Chrome extension doesn't work with 1055. Try Sachesi instead.

Posted via CB10
    chewblock likes this.
    11-16-13 10:21 PM
    You shouldn't need a debug token for the runtime on 10.2.1.1055 because it's unlocked. I also heard elsewhere that the Chrome extension doesn't work with 1055. Try Sachesi instead.

Posted via CB10
    Ahhh yeaa, I read it somewhere that Chrome extension doesn't work on 10.2.1.1055! You might be right then! Now I need to find out what Sachesi is and how to install it haha. Thank you for your help, Chaz95!
    11-16-13 10:25 PM
53 123