I'm running 10.2.0.415 And I've noticed when in text messages.. some received messages have orange underneath and some have green. What is the difference?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:00 PM
    Orange/yellow means what is in the text bubble is a single received message.
    Green means it is a few messages combined in one bubble.

At least that is the way it shows for me.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    FrankIAm, xBURK and Montmartre like this.
    09-30-13 08:05 PM
    Oh, makes sense. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:35 PM
    Yep.

If more than one message is sent to you within a certain amount of time, it will group them in the same time stamped bubble and change that line color.

If you send more than one, your line stays gray.

Beyond some time frame (don't know what that is, but assume at least a few minutes), it will post in a separate bubble.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and Montmartre like this.
    09-30-13 09:22 PM
    Orange/yellow means what is in the text bubble is a single received message.
    Green means it is a few messages combined in one bubble.

At least that is the way it shows for me.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    No, I don't think that is what it is. Green means it is an MMS (Media Messaging Service) message, which means it has a picture or file attached to it. Orange-yellow means it is just a regular SMS (Short Messaging Service) message.

Sometimes if the first message is MMS, the whole conversation will be with MMS, even if not every message has a picture attached, etc.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-30-13 09:23 PM
    Yep.

If more than one message is sent to you within a certain amount of time, it will group them in the same time stamped bubble and change that line color.

If you send more than one, your line stays gray.

Beyond some time frame (don't know what that is, but assume at least a few minutes), it will post in a separate bubble.

Posted via CB10
    For me long messages still show orange. It only shows green if the conversation is MMS. I've never seen it otherwise. I'm on the BlackBerry Q10.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-30-13 09:26 PM
    No, I don't think that is what it is. Green means it is an MMS (Media Messaging Service) message, which means it has a picture or file attached to it. Orange-yellow means it is just a regular SMS (Short Messaging Service) message.

Sometimes if the first message is MMS, the whole conversation will be with MMS, even if not every message has a picture attached, etc.

Definitely not the case here, I've seen the green line several times on the 10.2 leaks and I have yet to receive a single MMS message. The single message vs. multiple messages explanation seems consistent with what I've seen in my SMS conversations, however.
    09-30-13 09:35 PM
    Screen shot, anyone?

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    09-30-13 09:39 PM
    It seems like It's inconsistent. I think only MMS conversations show the green for me, but MMS messages sent in an existing conversation don't. Any really long text messages (+4 msgs long) still show up as orange in the same bubble.

09-30-13 09:44 PM
    It seems like It's inconsistent. I think only MMS conversations show the green for me, but MMS messages sent in an existing conversation don't. Any really long text messages (+4 msgs long) still show up as orange in the same bubble.

Perhaps the system can differentiate between one text message split into multiple parts vs. text messages that were actually sent separately?
    09-30-13 09:45 PM
    On my version of 10.2 I'm only getting orange lines for both MMS messages and those with several messages grouped.
    09-30-13 09:46 PM
    Could just be bugged on different releases. I don't imagine it has a lot of QA focus.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-30-13 09:48 PM
    To add to my previous answer: I do not have any received MMS to test with. The different colours show for me in basic SMS view. If the behaviour is inconsistent, I am not sure what it is supposed to mean.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    10-01-13 06:25 AM
    And I'll add that it's been very consistent for me using straight SMS. In 10.1, and the latest 10.2 leak. Orange for single message response. Green when more than one message is sent before responding. If enough time passes, a subsequent message will be in its own bubble with the orange line.

Attached is an example.

I got two separately sent texts from my wife, and they got grouped in the same bubble, bulleted and with a green line. Then, hours later, she sent another. But enough time went by that it is in its own bubble and orange.

Now maybe it does treat all MMS messages with a green line. But I haven't received one of those yet to see for myself.
    Orange vs Green Underline in Text Messages-text-colors.jpg

Btw, really long messages do not get separated and stay in a single bullet and with an orange line. Even though it obviously went out as separate 160 character texts. The system knows when they belong to the same message.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    10-02-13 12:04 PM
    And I'll add that it's been very consistent for me using straight SMS. In 10.1, and the latest 10.2 leak. Orange for single message response. Green when more than one message is sent before responding. If enough time passes, a subsequent message will be in its own bubble with the orange line.

Attached is an example.

I got two separately sent texts from my wife, and they got grouped in the same bubble, bulleted and with a green line. Then, hours later, she sent another. But enough time went by that it is in its own bubble and orange.

Now maybe it does treat all MMS messages with a green line. But I haven't received one of those yet to see for myself.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text colors.jpg 
Views:	1328 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	207152

Btw, really long messages do not get separated and stay in a single bullet and with an orange line. Even though it obviously went out as separate 160 character texts. The system knows when they belong to the same message.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the screenshot. The green line below MMS conversations is more of a turquoise-green. It is not quite the same as the green in the screenshot. Funny that I've never seen it for long SMS messages.

10-02-13 02:07 PM
    MMS:

Orange vs Green Underline in Text Messages-img_00000376.png

10-02-13 02:10 PM
    *facepalm* Different shades of green. No wonder we could not get a clear answer before.
    Screenshots for the win!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    10-02-13 03:00 PM
    I want fifty shades of grey!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 03:17 PM
    *facepalm* Different shades of green. No wonder we could not get a clear answer before.
    Screenshots for the win!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    That still doesn't explain why I don't get the light green line for long text messages. I have a Q10, but I don't see why that would have anything to do with it.

10-02-13 03:39 PM
    Any way to change the color? To make it look a little more custom?
    10-06-13 02:54 PM
    I see the "SMS" green line when the person has sent me more than one message before I have a chance to reply. I don't recall seeing a green line for a long message, but will keep any eye out to see if it happens.
    10-06-13 05:50 PM
    Thanks for posting. As I was wondering what the lines where. And did a search. Found this post.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:09 PM
    The only thing I've noticed so far, (I've been using 10.2 for less then 24 hours now), is that when someone sends me a message the line is yellow, then before I get a chance to reply if they send another message the line will turn green.

The messages were short sentences so it has nothing to do with being a MMS message. Regardless I'm sure the CrackBerry team will tell us adventually the offical description of these features.

If anyone is wondering, I am on a Q10. (:

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:37 PM
    Green = The person sends you multiple messages before you replied. So 2 + messages back to back would have this line

Orange = one to one messages, that person sends you one and you reply with one or more

So the color of the messages is completely determined by the number of messages the person you're talking to sends... this is from my own observation tho lol

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:37 PM
    this is not the case. I have people send me multiple messages in a short time span but that's it it's only an orange line. so what does the green line actually mean?

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-11-15 07:42 PM
30 12