I know I can use Blackberry Protect to find my Blackberry, but is there another app that can do this?

Basically I want my family to be able to figure out where I am (for example if I'm hiking alone) but not give them by BBID password.
    If no choice then it is always option just to let them have at my BBID and use BlackBerry Protect

Maybe I could use one of those fitness trackers, but I'm not big on uploading my personal data to one of these sites.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:04 PM
    Check out ProtectMe by Cellninja. Like all his apps, this one is really well produced, intuitive and explained through a tutorial at the start.

It allows you to get GPS coordinates of your phone even without Internet connection. It does a lot so check it out.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:01 PM
    Glympse is built into BBM and will allow you to share your position for a period of time.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    01-14-17 06:56 AM
    I second BBM. The glympse feature works well and it is compatible if your family use Android or iOS.

If you want other features for yourself, life using a map to track your position, route statistics, and even get a route to your initial position, check Retrace. It includes a glympse-like feature.
    01-14-17 09:10 AM
    Glympse is a great option if you're traveling on the interstate, have a continuous power source, and can tolerate the 4 hour limitation. I find the determined locations extremely precise and accurate, but it's far too battery intensive to be of any family tracking value.

Protectme by Cellninja is also a great app but the phone finder functions referred to are available (I believe) only when the phone is locked. Depending on how you use your device that may be problematic dealing with someone remotely triggering a device location with an sms that suddenly locks your phone, interrupting what you may be trying to accomplish. It's not a negative to the app at all, as it is intended to function that way if the device is stolen or lost.

To me, a better alternative would be along the lines of Life360 if you're not adverse to Android apps. It allows those in your approved circle to locate you on a map without any intervention on your part after set up. I've found the precision and accuracy more variable than Glympse but acceptable enough to provide reassurance to those you've provided access.
    01-14-17 12:22 PM
    Your text message options allows you to send your current location to someone as well.

Create a text to whomever you want.. or open a current text conversation.

Click on the overflow 3 dots. Click "attach" and select location.

Tadaa!

Done.

This is a feature also available on iOS.

Options for tracking my Blackberry?-img_20170114_110613.png

Options for tracking my Blackberry?-img_20170114_110619.png

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.3.2049 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    01-14-17 01:12 PM
    Your BB Maps also has this feature built in.

Options for tracking my Blackberry?-img_20170114_111859.png

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.3.2049 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    01-14-17 01:20 PM