Good day all,

this is only the second day of my blackberry experience and so far so good. I just need to ask some basic questions:

1) Is there a way to add more languages to the keyboard?

2) Is it possible to customize the default clock widget on the home screen or do I have to download an application for it? The one that I have currently looks kind of dark and is too small.

3) Where can I see and manage the installed applications?
    06-14-16 05:40 AM
    For #3, go to the black berry world icon. Click on the hamburger in the lower left corner. Select "myworld" then "myapps."

You can change app permissions from "system settings", then "apps manager".

Posted via CB10
    Maimone likes this.
    06-14-16 10:32 AM
    #1 system settings, language and input, input languages, add/remove languages

#2 no
    Maimone likes this.
    06-14-16 01:52 PM
    How could I not see the "add/remove languages" option... thank you.

So the installed applications can be seen from the blackberry world app. Can they also be removed from there? Because I only have the "open" option.

One more question. Browsing the mobile version of the forum, how do I access the control panel? Isn't there a "view desktop version" in the BlackBerry browser like in Chrome?
    06-14-16 02:38 PM

So the installed applications can be seen from the blackberry world app. Can they also be removed from there? Because I only have the "open" option.

One more question. Browsing the mobile version of the forum, how do I access the control panel? Isn't there a "view desktop version" in the BlackBerry browser like in Chrome?
    View desktop is under developer tools in settings.

Optimization questions-img_20160614_163517.png

Posted via Classic
    Maimone likes this.
    06-14-16 03:35 PM

if you want to delete an app (that it isn't baked into the OS) swipe down from the top and select device monitor, all your apps will show under storage. You can long press the app you want to delete from there. Also you can just press and hold on any icon on the screen. when its starts to 'shake' with a trash can beside it, just select it and say delete.
    Maimone likes this.
    06-14-16 03:51 PM
    Great! Thank you so much.
    06-14-16 05:31 PM
    Hey guys, I've got some more questions to ask.

If I remove a default application, like the BlackBerry Hub that links to the actual hub, will I be able to install it again without restoring the whole operating system?

What does the bb icon represent in the upper right corner of the screen?

Is it okay that the game Asphalt 8 lags a bit?

Ads are pausing music while browsing websites in desktop mode. Is there a plug-in like AdBlock to prevent this?

After switching from the mobile mode to the desktop one in the browser, everything works as it should the first time for Crackberry.com, but then if I keep changing mode the site is always displayed in the mobile mode. It only happens for this site and the only way I've found to solve this (going back to the desktop mode) is by deleting cookies and cache. On the other sites I can simply switch mode and refresh the page. What could it be causing this?

About deleting cookies and cache. Is there a menu that I have maybe not seen yet where we can select what to delete specifically like on Firefox? Because when I delete the cookies it also erases passwords.
    06-24-16 07:11 AM
    Hey guys, I've got some more questions to ask.

If I remove a default application, like the BlackBerry Hub that links to the actual hub, will I be able to install it again without restoring the whole operating system?

What does the bb icon represent in the upper right corner of the screen?

Is it okay that the game Asphalt 8 lags a bit?

Ads are pausing music while browsing websites in desktop mode. Is there a plug-in like AdBlock to prevent this?

After switching from the mobile mode to the desktop one in the browser, everything works as it should the first time for Crackberry.com, but then if I keep changing mode the site is always displayed in the mobile mode. It only happens for this site and the only way I've found to solve this (going back to the desktop mode) is by deleting cookies and cache. On the other sites I can simply switch mode and refresh the page. What could it be causing this?

About deleting cookies and cache. Is there a menu that I have maybe not seen yet where we can select what to delete specifically like on Firefox? Because when I delete the cookies it also erases passwords.

1) That icon is just actually a shortcut to the hub.. so even when you delete it you can get it back from the BlackBerry World again. Search for the BlackBerry Hub icon and download it

2) That denotes the bb network I guess. Not sure of it. But if you don't see it when you are using a WiFi or mobile data you can't access the Internet .

3) I think I've no problem with the game for me. It works well, did you get it from the bbw...??

4) You can get Ad block but you have to pay and get it. Also do check in your browser settings if the block pop up function is turned on.

5) No idea about this.

6) Nope I don't think you can do something with it. We don't have any option to select the ones we need.

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    06-24-16 08:26 AM
    Regarding item 6, you could use private browsing which will save no cookies.

I'm confused on the BlackBerry Hub icon. I just shift to the right to reach the hub.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 02:27 PM
    I thought about using the private mode and I've just tried it but it doesn't work. Too bad I will have to clear the data every time I want to switch mode for this site. I tried another website (ebay) just to make sure it wasn't a BBOS issue and I could switch from one mode to the other at will without deleting cache and cookies.

I also go to the hub all the way to the left, that's why I wanted to remove the icon but I wasn't sure how to get the default applications back. They all seem to be free on BlackBerry world so if I decide to remove them I can download them again.

The block popups option was already enabled.

I downloaded Asphalt from the amazon shop. I will get it from BlackBerry world and see if it runs well.

About the icons in the corners at the bottom (phone and camera), can I change those?

Is there a way to close all the tabs together instead of closing them one by one?

I have noticed that I can only see six opened tabs in the home screen. Is that the maximum?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 06:28 AM
    I thought about using the private mode and I've just tried it but it doesn't work. Too bad I will have to clear the data every time I want to switch mode for this site. I tried another website (ebay) just to make sure it wasn't a BBOS issue and I could switch from one mode to the other at will without deleting cache and cookies.

I also go to the hub all the way to the left, that's why I wanted to remove the icon but I wasn't sure how to get the default applications back. They all seem to be free on BlackBerry world so if I decide to remove them I can download them again.

The block popups option was already enabled.

I downloaded Asphalt from the amazon shop. I will get it from BlackBerry world and see if it runs well.

About the icons in the corners at the bottom (phone and camera), can I change those?

Is there a way to close all the tabs together instead of closing them one by one?

I have noticed that I can only see six opened tabs in the home screen. Is that the maximum?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure you can have 8 open tabs at once, and no you can't change icons on bottom of screen. Just play with it for a while and you will begin to appreciate BlackBerry and os 10!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 07:50 AM
    I actually love it! I just want to learn as many things as possible since I'm new to it

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 09:19 AM
    Goodluck! *testing*

BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.4.1.1143
    gariac likes this.
    06-25-16 10:00 AM
    I got Asphalt from the BlackBerry world and it runs better, but still with some lag. Mmm...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 09:21 AM
    I got Asphalt from the BlackBerry world and it runs better, but still with some lag. Mmm...

Posted via CB10
    Is Asphalt a typo? I don't see this in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 04:16 PM
    Asphalt 8: Airborne

If you type just Asphalt it comes up in the results.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 02:07 AM
    Asphalt 8: Airborne

If you type just Asphalt it comes up in the results.

Posted via CB10
    Well no, but it turns out that is a game, while the topic was browsers.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 06:38 PM
    I actually love it! I just want to learn as many things as possible since I'm new to it

Posted via CB10
    Not sure which device you have but YouTube has many "how to" videos on each device. Here is the Passport site: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Jzbl5nVnQLRzL1 .
    07-02-16 08:24 PM
    Well no, but it turns out that is a game, while the topic was browsers.
    Yes it's a game, maybe you confused with the question about the browser:

• Is it okay that the game Asphalt 8 lags a bit?
    07-03-16 04:28 AM