Yep we already know that...the unknown part is what it will contain...
    Just a very few bug fixes, or will we have the luck to get a new feature or two, or the polishing of existing ones...

Posted via CB10
    It's supposed to be more than a few bug fixes and more than a feature or two being added but less than a full upgrade. That's all I know.
    11-25-15 08:08 AM
    It's supposed to be more than a few bug fixes and more than a feature or two being added but less than a full upgrade. That's all I know.
    Where did you hear this?
    11-25-15 08:16 AM
    Dark hub plox.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:33 AM
    @OP you're in a positive state of denial. The stock app doesn't work in 10.3.2 so that's why I'm on 10.3.1 with my new Z30. Hopefully this gets fixed. I'm looking forward to 10.3.3 and 10.3.4
    11-25-15 08:34 AM
    Where did you hear this?
    From our BlackBerry rep last week.
    11-25-15 09:16 AM
    Interesting. Let's hope it's true.
    11-25-15 09:20 AM
    This should be put out there for everyone to know how does BlackBerry expect people to trust in BB10 when they are going Android most 10 phones are on sale now .How do they expect people to buy the BB10 devices ??
    11-25-15 09:22 AM
    Indeed, let's hope so. Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:50 AM
    This should be put out there for everyone to know how does BlackBerry expect people to trust in BB10 when they are going Android most 10 phones are on sale now .How do they expect people to buy the BB10 devices ??
    I understand John Chen has been quoted saying the same thing in the press. It seems some people have already written BB10 off and just aren't prepared to listen.
    yohannrjm likes this.
    11-25-15 09:51 AM
    Cancel the updates BB10 is fine as is.
    Actually it is and I suspect the silent majority agree and will be rocking it for years to come. Got 8 app updates this week alone so the devs are updating and the mobile browser remains the best out there.

BB, Still the One
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    11-25-15 10:18 AM
    And I know a guy who still uses a flip phone because all he does is make calls. So what? Should all progress stop just because of the personal preference of one user? Of course not.

Call me crazy but I for one hope they continue to update, upgrade and support it.
    I never said I didn't want updates, I said if there were no more, I'd be okay.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    TCB on Z10 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-25-15 10:25 AM
    What websites? I'd like to try them myself.
    I was going to ask the same thing. People just make stuff up to try and make a point.

11-25-15 10:27 AM
    What makes no sense is the fact that they did not even market the devices properly like they do now with the priv. THAT was what tanked BB10 sales. NOT the OS itself. You, me, and every decent BB users KNEW this.
    This is the truest statement in this thread.

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-25-15 10:29 AM
    That is not the point though. The point is that a patch can address the issue.
    Perhaps patches are technically updates, I don't think it requires one to stretch their imagination to understand what the OP is talking about.

I would like to see BB10 continuously developed. I cant see how you could be happy locked in time when new technologies become available daily. I would love to see better in car infotainment system integration, Improved file management and organization, more powerful search (image search, sound search), facial recognition, Blend improvements (ala windows 10 dock system). Eventually BB10 will become as capable as a wrist watch like all the other technologies left behind.
    Blackberry has a platform that could easily lead the pack yet they decided to go with the fat kid with acne just to downgrade themselves to a vendor for Google. I don't understand how anyone who ever liked Blackberry products could embrace this idea and support this move.
    The Nintendo Wii was not much more than the Game Cube under the hood, and the WiiU not much more than the Wii. Granted, Wii is not as popular as Sony and MS consoles, but by only updating minor things under the hood they have found a formula that maximizes revenues even with lowered sales; something that neither Sony or MS can claim.

Gaming consoles also have turn around cycles of 5 years or so (up to 7?). Computers (desktops/laptops), every 2 -3 years. Smartphones? Users are now encouraged to upgrade yearly. Specs now matter largely for sales purposes only. I mean, how much RAM or cores or speed does a smartphone really need? Anyways, going with the gaming console model, those who create content for the platform have time to really learn the ins and outs of that platform. Sure, a new model will launch with some big-name titles but the best games are not going to be released until a year or two later--after the devs really get a feel for the system.

iOS and OSX have barely changed little since Day One. Yes, both have seen major improvements but OSX looks and generally behaves the same now as it did 15 years ago. Same is true with iOS. New features but the overall design philosophy remains the same. This is not true of Android, however, nor with WinPhone as both have seen major redevelopments over the years. Devs for the platform are assured that apps developed for "iOS 9" will surely still work on "iOS 10". Not all apps developed for Kit Kat worked properly on Lollipop. And now with Marshmallow those "enhanced permissions controls" are only going to be in place if the devs decide to put them there. Apps developed for L will not have them out of the box.

BB10 as it is now really does not need a major redesign. It can surely use some new features but in general what it needs is more or less only enhancements to current features and updates to basic apps (Twitter, FB, etc.).

The problem isn't "BlackBerry", the problem is the Board (I suppose it could be argued that the Board is BlackBerry). Chen understands full well that turn around takes years to accomplish and I bet that if it were really up to him he would have stuck solely with BB10. Numbers would surely influence devs, yes, but so would a company that demonstrates a commitment to their own platform. Even with a tiny marketshare, by sticking with BB10 whole hog devs would get the message that BlackBerry was committed to the platform 100%; come boom or bust.

Look at WinPhone; despite fast falling sales and devs that are leaving the platform left and right, MS stuck with it and not only improved upon the OS but also delivered a pretty sweet flagship very recently. And of course there is that rumored Surface Phone still lurking out there... Despite lack of sales and fleeing devs the universal FB and FB Messenger apps are coming. Instagram is now in beta. Uber is there. Netflix is now there as well as few other big titles that avoided WinPhone not that long ago for the exact same reasons they avoided BB10. SnapChat is still saying "no", but for how long?

It also does not help that Chen says things publicly such as "I will let the market tell me what to do". As much as I am a fan, if I were also an investor I would have zero confidence in BlackBerry right about now.

Such as, if I may?
    To restate a few replies:

1. BB10 was severely lacking when released. 10.2 was the version they should have launched with.
    2. The launch date was pushed back like three times. By the time it finally launched some had already moved on.
    3. The Z10 launched first when the Q10 was the phone that *we* wanted.
    4. The Z30 and Classic should have been the first phones, not the Z10 and Q10.
    5. No Instagram, SnapChat, Netflix, or banking apps (how can an "enterprise" phone not have banking/financial apps? That is just nuts).
    6. The news that Instagram, SnapChat, Netflix, et al were not coming to BB10 within any foreseeable timeframe.
    11-25-15 10:32 AM
    I have serious problems with the Blackboard web site that my university uses. The BB10 browser on my Passport just doesn't work well with it. Since this is an actual job-related matter for me, it's serious enough to make me very interested in an update.

Still no alphabetic sorting of bookmarks...

I also am not a fan of the lag when using BlackBerry search, and would like to see that fixed.

Sure, it's still usable, but BB10 needs work, on these and other details.
    Fair enough. I understand the BlackBerry Search is laggy; however, I don't use it, so I don't care. I can understand your concern with using the browser for BlackBoard though.

11-25-15 10:33 AM
    I spoke to our BlackBerry rep last week who confirmed that 10.3.3. will be released late Feb/early March '16.
    Who do you work for? And, how can I get a job as a BlackBerry rep?

miker476 likes this.
    11-25-15 10:34 AM
    I never said I didn't want updates, I said if there were no more, I'd be okay.

The title of the thread that you authored is "No More BB10 Updates!". LOL!
    11-25-15 10:35 AM
    No. I'm talking about the "learn" components within Blackboard, that you need an account to use. They include tools for communicating with students, posting announcements, grades, discussions, etc. They're not publicly accessible. In some cases, text entry fields just show a black bar. In others, menus don't work--that sort of thing.

I can do it with Firefox on my Passport, which works better, since Firefox is regularly updated, but of course we're talking about the need for BB10 updates.
    Wait, if you fixed the problem, what's your argument?

11-25-15 10:36 AM
    @OP you're in a positive state of denial. The stock app doesn't work in 10.3.2 so that's why I'm on 10.3.1 with my new Z30. Hopefully this gets fixed. I'm looking forward to 10.3.3 and 10.3.4
    I use my browser and all stock apps, and my phone works just fine except the backlight on my keyboard goes out all the time, but I've gotten used to it. I'm not saying the OS doesn't need any work, but I'm perfectly fine with it. I feel like people always want everything to be perfect instead of just accepting what is and working with it.

miker476 likes this.
    11-25-15 10:39 AM
    I guess the thing is that in half a year without updates the default browser would become unusable.
    11-25-15 10:41 AM
    The title of the thread that you authored is "No More BB10 Updates!". LOL!
    And, it did its job of getting people to read and comment. All you have to do is read my opening statement.

11-25-15 10:43 AM
    I guess the thing is that in half a year without updates the default browser would become unusable.
    What part of some BlackBerry users are still using Legacy Devices don't you understand?

11-25-15 10:44 AM
    Yeah, true. I have a first gen iPad. Safari crashes left and right, if I can go more than a few minutes before a crash I am impressed. I don't use it anymore, just bouncing off your post. Even if BB10s Browser is never updated the "Internet" surely is.
    11-25-15 10:47 AM
    What part of some BlackBerry users are still using Legacy Devices don't you understand?

BB10 is legacy now....

But yeah BlackBerry would actually get more bang for their buck if they pushed out some updates for BBOS than for BB10. It's still used by far more BlackBerry users.
    11-25-15 10:49 AM
    Wait, if you fixed the problem, what's your argument?

It's not really an argument. The point is that the "fix" is to use an Android browser, Firefox, because the BB10 browser needs updating.

All browsers need regular updating, as web sites change. In a perfect world, everything would be compliant with a single standard.
    11-25-15 10:58 AM
137 12345 ...