There are still people on iOS7, 8, heck, 6... and they're not missing much... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Very true, but at least they have updates if they want them which is nice to know. BB10 users are unsure so I understand how some people feel. I have to admit it is why I moved back to ios. I don't want to be left out in the cold, especially in the winter.
    Mecca EL and Velocitymj like this.
    11-24-15 05:20 PM
    Very true, but at least they have updates if they want them which is nice to know. BB10 users are unsure so I understand how some people feel. I have to admit it is why I moved back to ios. I don't want to be left out in the cold, especially in the winter.
    What I'm saying, security updated they haven't got for a while, apparently no problems, and new features have been ... well let's put it as "incremental"... :-)

So BB10 in maintenance mode might be a tolerable option for a while.

On iOS: Everything new is added via an app anyway, the App-le way...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-24-15 06:26 PM
    There are still people on iOS7, 8, heck, 6... and they're not missing much... :-)
    Less than 10% of iOS users are on a version lower than 8.
    Velocitymj and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-24-15 08:04 PM
    Less than 10% of iOS users are on a version lower than 8.
    Probably true, have not looked at the numbers but if that is the percentage then it is still millions of users on 7--maybe even many more than all those on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    11-24-15 08:20 PM
    I remember reading an article about Droid users a year or two ago. The article stated that over 60 percent of users were still on Droid 2.3. Yikes. That's old. My Droid is 4.4 and now THAT's outdated with 5.x as the new standard OS on Droid.

RE: BB10 os, I'm a late comer. I just joined BB10 in October. I still use BB07 and a 9900 bridged to a Playbook on my business line. Why? Because it works. If it's not broken, I do not fix it. I own a business and the last thing I need is to screw around with core systems that keep the business afloat. However, after using BB10, I had to admit that I indeed do prefer it over BB07 for most things. 07 on a 9900 is a very MATURE os. And it does a lot of things automatically that BB10 still does not do well.

Yet as a whole, if I could only be on one OS, it would be BB10. No question. It's an amazing, elegant and precise OS that is the best I have ever used. Too bad 95 percent of the smartphone public does not agree with me. I am sure RIM will continue to support BB10 for at least core features and issues like security and bugs. As far as enhancements, I never saw the first generation of 10 as an OS, so I do not know the history of what it took to get to 3.x. I just know that the current OS on 10 seems fantastic to me and I'm happy with it. RIM seems to have stuck with supporting (on a core level) 07 and BIS, so I do not see why they would not support 10. I'm not worried.
    11-24-15 08:45 PM
    I am using Z3. And it's laggier and sometimes freeze. I know the hardware is not top notch. However I expect an update to improve the performance in such low hardware.

Z3STJ100-1/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 08:54 PM
    BlackBerry always rockzzz..10.3 OS super

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:25 PM
    Blackberry if you happen to be listening the fans have spoken. Cancel the updates BB10 is fine as is.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    11-24-15 09:32 PM
    I wouldn't mind updates, but if there were none, I'd still be fine. Like people were saying earlier, some BlackBerry users are still rolling with BBOS versions from way back. And, if they're not complaining, I feel as though people who want to see BlackBerry OS do more, should get a different phone. I get there aren't many popular third party apps that BlackBerry doesn't support, but if you need them, get a different phone and don't come to CrackBerry to complain.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    11-24-15 11:34 PM
    I would like to see BB10 continuously developed. I cant see how you could be happy locked in time when new technologies become available daily. I would love to see better in car infotainment system integration, Improved file management and organization, more powerful search (image search, sound search), facial recognition, Blend improvements (ala windows 10 dock system). Eventually BB10 will become as capable as a wrist watch like all the other technologies left behind.
    Blackberry has a platform that could easily lead the pack yet they decided to go with the fat kid with acne just to downgrade themselves to a vendor for Google. I don't understand how anyone who ever liked Blackberry products could embrace this idea and support this move.
    New technology doesn't change what I need my phone for. My phone already does what I need it to do. If it receives more updates, fine. But, if not, fine.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    11-24-15 11:35 PM
    And I know a guy who still uses a flip phone because all he does is make calls. So what? Should all progress stop just because of the personal preference of one user? Of course not.

Call me crazy but I for one hope they continue to update, upgrade and support it.
    11-25-15 06:04 AM
    The browser is already causing me issues on certain websites, which is a crying shame. Im being forced into a different phone. Sad thing is, a lot of the bs happened when Priv was released. I'm going to try an os wipe but I don't think that's going to fix the issue.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    What websites? I'd like to try them myself.
    11-25-15 06:42 AM
    I would like to see BB10 continuously developed. I cant see how you could be happy locked in time when new technologies become available daily. I would love to see better in car infotainment system integration, Improved file management and organization, more powerful search (image search, sound search), facial recognition, Blend improvements (ala windows 10 dock system). Eventually BB10 will become as capable as a wrist watch like all the other technologies left behind.
    Blackberry has a platform that could easily lead the pack yet they decided to go with the fat kid with acne just to downgrade themselves to a vendor for Google. I don't understand how anyone who ever liked Blackberry products could embrace this idea and support this move.
    Exactly. Dude, thank you for hitting the jackpot.
    Chen sucks. He needs to step down.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    11-25-15 06:46 AM
    The move is related to the amount of support. No business pours the money you are talking about into a product that doesn't sell and thus will lose money. It makes no sense.
    What makes no sense is the fact that they did not even market the devices properly like they do now with the priv. THAT was what tanked BB10 sales. NOT the OS itself. You, me, and every decent BB users KNEW this.
    11-25-15 06:50 AM
    What makes no sense is the fact that they did not even market the devices properly like they do now with the priv. THAT was what tanked BB10 sales. NOT the OS itself. You, me, and every decent BB users KNEW this.
    Very true, but that doesn't mean it would have sold well. There were many factors involved.
    11-25-15 06:52 AM
    Very true, but that doesn't mean it would have sold well. There were many factors involved.
    Such as, if I may?
    And even so, we both know that things will NEVER be as bad as it is now, had they done their marketing strategy properly. If they could spend billions buying this and that companies for improvements, I don't see no reason at all why they should be so SUCKED at marketing and selling their own merchandises. I mean, what's the point?
    11-25-15 07:01 AM
    Such as, if I may?
    And even so, we both know that things will NEVER be as bad as it is now, had they done their marketing strategy properly. If they could spend billions buying this and that companies for improvements, I don't see no reason at all why they should be so SUCKED at marketing and selling their own merchandises. I mean, what's the point?
    The main reason is they were late to the game and the OS was not ready for prime time when released. This is just my opinion and I'm not saying marketing wasn't a factor, but it wasn't the only factor.
    yohannrjm likes this.
    11-25-15 07:04 AM
    Such as, if I may?
    BB10 floundered at the very beginning, even WITH marketing (Lots of TV Spot, Magazines, Carrier support and displays). It was an immature and buggy OS, that had almost no app support. At launch Candy Crush and Instagram where the big apps... but unaware consumers and carriers soon learned that BB10 didn't have those - return rates were high. Between the bugs and lack of apps BB10 was soon moved out of most US Carrier stores and regulated to online sales and corporate sales.

Now today BB10 has matured and is a very stable OS, and we have HACKS that allow us to use portions of Google Play.... But hw do you market a product that tomorrow Google could pull the rug out from under with one little patch?

BB10's problem wasn't marketing.... it was being too late to the party. It's the same problem that Microsoft is having, and they are marketing and spending billions to try and get 3rd party app developers interested. BlackBerry did have billions, and might should have focused less on small developers with JAM events and more on the larger mainstream development houses and key apps, but they claim they did.... Hasn't worked too well for MS.....

Now if the PRIV fails... I think you can blame that 100% on marketing. Both the guys in marketing that allowed them to overprice the phone, and the ones that didn't think "traditional" marketing and ads were needed.
    TgeekB, kbz1960, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    11-25-15 07:17 AM
    I have serious problems with the Blackboard web site that my university uses. The BB10 browser on my Passport just doesn't work well with it. Since this is an actual job-related matter for me, it's serious enough to make me very interested in an update.

Still no alphabetic sorting of bookmarks...

I also am not a fan of the lag when using BlackBerry search, and would like to see that fixed.

Sure, it's still usable, but BB10 needs work, on these and other details.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 11-25-15 at 07:43 AM.
    11-25-15 07:20 AM
    BB10 floundered at the very beginning, even WITH marketing (Lots of TV Spot, Magazines, Carrier support and displays). It was an immature and buggy OS, that had almost no app support. At launch Candy Crush and Instagram where the big apps... but unaware consumers and carriers soon learned that BB10 didn't have those - return rates were high. Between the bugs and lack of apps BB10 was soon moved out of most US Carrier stores and regulated to online sales and corporate sales.

Now today BB10 has matured and is a very stable OS, and we have HACKS that allow us to use portions of Google Play.... But hw do you market a product that tomorrow Google could pull the rug out from under with one little patch?

BB10's problem wasn't marketing.... it was being too late to the party. It's the same problem that Microsoft is having, and they are marketing and spending billions to try and get 3rd party app developers interested. BlackBerry did have billions, and might should have focused less on small developers with JAM events and more on the larger mainstream development houses and key apps, but they claim they did.... Hasn't worked too well for MS.....

Now if the PRIV fails... I think you can blame that 100% on marketing. Both the guys in marketing that allowed them to overprice the phone, and the ones that didn't think "traditional" marketing and ads were needed.
    They could steal the moment with the good sales of priv (claimed some sources) now, and push more on selling BB10 as well--on the same wagon, even. I believe a lot of android people would love to have the options. Especially the hardcore BB10/BBOS users, of course. Even if BB could only gives two upcoming updates for now. At least that way the loyalists know they are not being left out in the cold with their pants down and half of their feet in the snow.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 11-25-15 at 07:47 AM.
    11-25-15 07:30 AM
    I have serious problems with the Blackboard web site that my university uses. The BB10 browser on my Passport just doesn't work well with it. Since this is add-on actual job-related matter for me, it's serious enough to make me very interested in an update.

Still no alphabetic sorting of bookmarks...

I also am not a fan of the lag when using BlackBerry search, and would like to see that fixed.

Sure, it's still usable, but BB10 needs work, on these and other details.
    I have just opened the Blackboard website with my passport and it opened just fine. Fast, even. Is this the website you meant?
    11-25-15 07:33 AM
    I spoke to our BlackBerry rep last week who confirmed that 10.3.3. will be released late Feb/early March '16.
    tl000 likes this.
    11-25-15 07:35 AM
    I have just opened the Blackboard website with my passport and it opened just fine. Fast, even. Is this the website you meant?
    No. I'm talking about the "learn" components within Blackboard, that you need an account to use. They include tools for communicating with students, posting announcements, grades, discussions, etc. They're not publicly accessible. In some cases, text entry fields just show a black bar. In others, menus don't work--that sort of thing.

I can do it with Firefox on my Passport, which works better, since Firefox is regularly updated, but of course we're talking about the need for BB10 updates.
    11-25-15 07:41 AM
    I spoke to our BlackBerry rep last week who confirmed that 10.3.3. will be released late Feb/early March '16.
    Yep we already know that...the unknown part is what it will contain...
    Just a very few bug fixes, or will we have the luck to get a new feature or two, or the polishing of existing ones...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 07:43 AM
    No. I'm talking about the "learn" components within Blackboard, that you need an account to use. They include tools for communicating with students, posting announcements, grades, discussions, etc. They're not publicly accessible. In some cases, text entry fields just show a black bar. In others, menus don't work--that sort of thing.

I can do it with Firefox on my Passport, which works better, since Firefox is regularly updated, but of course we're talking about the need for BB10 updates.
    I see, that's unfortunate, indeed.
    11-25-15 07:46 AM
137 1234 ...