Who do you work for? And, how can I get a job as a BlackBerry rep?

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    1) I run my own company; 2) I have no idea.
    11-25-15 11:14 AM
    And, it did its job of getting people to read and comment. All you have to do is read my opening statement.

I read your whole clickbait thread
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-25-15 11:15 AM
    You can always choose not to upgrade, BUT the truth of the matter is that BlackBerry has already stated they are continuing to provide maintenance updates to BB10
    11-25-15 12:55 PM
    If no updates then i think Blackberry will sink it's boat and all of its employees will be begging on road. if they rely their business on android based machines then you can find thousands of developers gobally and they can get rid of their present employees and all their traditional customers. { Dear Blackberry, please note that this world is growing on a fast speed on technology. why you people cant grow or cant upgrade your skills} if you dont upgrade it then you're a loser and sure your company's machines will be seen in tech gadgets musems.

Types by Lovingly Blackberry customer with Backberry Z10 beast.
    11-25-15 01:23 PM
    I understand John Chen has been quoted saying the same thing in the press. It seems some people have already written BB10 off and just aren't prepared to listen.
    I haven't written BB10 off however a Lot of people have and Mr.Chen I think said march 2016 as a new update however I think there should be more done to get it out to the mainstream if they are going to support BB10 in future especially if they want to sell Classics/Passports etc. .
    11-25-15 02:02 PM
    Be careful what you wish for.
    11-25-15 03:18 PM
    If I never received another update on my Classic, I'd be perfectly fine. Anyone else agree? I'm tired of seeing people complain about BB10, but I don't see any issue with the OS being behind. I only need my phone to email and to create spreadsheets and word documents. As long as my browser runs like it does, I don't feel the need to download a bunch of apps, I just use to mobile Web versions to save space.

The lack of android runtime updates is going to eventually be a huge issue for a lot of people...
    11-25-15 03:34 PM
    The lack of android runtime updates is going to eventually be a huge issue for a lot of people...
    In the long run...we're all dead.

Those who want Android updates should probably consider getting an Android phone. Those who like native BB10 should be good for a couple of years, with a little luck.

Those who really like the combo of BB10 with the Android runtime may need to carry two devices or make a choice.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 05:28 PM
    If I never received another update on my Classic, I'd be perfectly fine. Anyone else agree? I'm tired of seeing people complain about BB10, but I don't see any issue with the OS being behind. I only need my phone to email and to create spreadsheets and word documents. As long as my browser runs like it does, I don't feel the need to download a bunch of apps, I just use to mobile Web versions to save space.

I agree with this but there is no reason to fear. We will be supported and carry on. BB10 is a beautiful OS, they for sure got it nailed now. I feel if I needed more power to do something I would be reaching for a laptop or tablet. Its dumb to use anything else on a phone.
    11-25-15 05:51 PM
    In the long run...we're all dead.

Those who want Android updates should probably consider getting an Android phone. Those who like native BB10 should be good for a couple of years, with a little luck.

Those who really like the combo of BB10 with the Android runtime may need to carry two devices or make a choice.

Posted via CB10
    It's not really a matter of "wanting", there simply aren't options that exist for a lot of day to day things on BB10 native. Sure if all you use is the browser and email it's fine. Most people don't though.
    11-25-15 07:05 PM
    Still in all, I understand your stance. We sometimes think we need the latest and greatest or every minor update to keep pace. In reality this is not always true.
    Probably why I still use a 1939 tractor with crank start. Unless html5 or 4G/LTE is declared null and void in the near term this too will serve my personal communication needs well enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 07:51 PM
    The lack of android runtime updates is what's keeping me from buying a passport. BB10 is a very polished os, I think Blackberry should focus on making sure android apps work as good as possible on BB10 and that means updating the runtime which is not going to happen. Native apps haven't been released in a long time and soon android jellybean will be dead as which means less and less android apps will work on BB10 devices. I just wish android could be customized to work exactly like BB10 and to have the hub work exactly as in BB10 without android notifications.
    vespajet likes this.
    11-25-15 08:48 PM
    The best solution now for running Android modern apps. Buy a Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:51 PM
    Well, in that case, obviously I'd like the problem to be fixed, but we're not there yet, so I'm not worried about it.

Dude, there's ALWAYS security flaws in software, no matter the mf. No software can ever be 100% safe (99% at best).

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 12:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Or see if you can substitute one or more apps with mobile websites. For example, my current bank and the bank I'm switching too in a few weeks both have Android apps that work correctly on the PP for now. But they also have mobile websites so I'd be perfectly fine with using them should JB support end. And there's more and more websites with mobile websites these days so you don't need an app for everything per se.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 12:52 AM
    You can always choose not to upgrade, BUT the truth of the matter is that BlackBerry has already stated they are continuing to provide maintenance updates to BB10
    There's no argument for or against the subject. I'm merely saying I like my phone the way it is.

11-26-15 03:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I'm literally having a conversation with my friend about that right now. People keep complaining about upgrading BB10, but BlackBerry has already solved to problem with the Passport SE and the Priv.

11-26-15 03:38 AM
    I hope that they keep the common apps between BB10 and Android at the same development level. Meaning, any new feature they add to Android's Hub, Calendar, Contacts etc will be given to BB10 as well
    TJ Strozier and e4diesel like this.
    11-26-15 04:58 AM

hi!
    this is an interesting piece of opinion you have there. thank you for this thought provoking post.
    sure i do understand where you are coming from however my only issue is with BB OS 10 is the lack of support for my native language. i mean i can understand why guys at BB do not hassle with developing support for a language only about 1 million people speak worldwide, however i find it totally irritating when i cannot use the great Blackberry keyboard in language most of my social circle communicate. i guess for you as an English speaking individual this might seem as a minor issue however this is currently the ONLY reason why i am holding back from acquiring a brand new Q10 / Classic.
    sure the new Priv could be a reasonable alternative but i do not like infantile looking Android (and always laden with whatever software issues you might think of) and the physically moving parts on my phone. additionally i haven't researched enough and just don't know if the Priv's version of Android supports Latvian (and any other of the small Eastern European languages, which btw use the same Latin character set plus some additional ones for that matter) ONLY to the degree i can normally input additional (special) characters in messages / e-mails / texts etc. i don't really need support for voice command support in Latvian of any other of that fancy redundant stuff. i don't think that it is that much to ask.
    all the other issues don't bother me at all in comparison to the mentioned one since i rarely use phone for photos / Instagram or try to download as many applications as possible. call me boring but apart from the basic calling / messaging functionality, the language issue fixed i just need seamless and instant sync of Google / Apple contacts, various e-mail accounts, Dropbox and maybe some spreadsheets (although i don't really think doing spreadsheets on a tiny screen makes any sense).

so... i guess i would not agree necessarily to what you have stated. i would love to see the BB OS updated soon with additional languages, but maybe i am just being naive.

cheers!
    janisfreimanis
    tl000 likes this.
    11-26-15 05:41 AM
    I may be dreaming but it would be awesome if someone could root the Z30, so we could try to use it as an android device.

I heard they did it with a Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 10:04 AM
    I had a z10 and now I have a z30. I had a galaxy s5 from work which I hated and now have the Galaxy s6 which is not bad at all. I am thinking about the classic as I miss my keyboard. I don't use many apps but living in nyc the thing with using the classic as my daily driver that would be a pain is not having access to uber, lyft, etc. also, not having the good app is a real pain too.

I want to ditch android and I do not care about games, but there are a few apps that do make life much easier. I wish they were on bb so I could ditch Google.
    11-26-15 10:46 AM
    I may be dreaming but it would be awesome if someone could root the Z30, so we could try to use it as an android device.

I heard they did it with a Passport

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, you're dreaming. Lol
    11-26-15 01:23 PM
    I had a z10 and now I have a z30. I had a galaxy s5 from work which I hated and now have the Galaxy s6 which is not bad at all. I am thinking about the classic as I miss my keyboard. I don't use many apps but living in nyc the thing with using the classic as my daily driver that would be a pain is not having access to uber, lyft, etc. also, not having the good app is a real pain too.

I want to ditch android and I do not care about games, but there are a few apps that do make life much easier. I wish they were on bb so I could ditch Google.
    I use my browser for Uber...

11-26-15 08:08 PM
    A bit off-topic but CROWDFUNDING!!!

Why BB doesn't make development of BB10 crowdfunded? If there are hardcore users who want it, they will pay. I want to pay 50$ right now just to make sure there will be sensible development. Mainly fixes and small compatibility updates - i dont need any big changes - i am almost perfectly happy with my Z30. I switched to BB recently from Lumia 830. Before that I had almost every iPhone and several Androids and now i have iPhone 6s as my secondary phone. iOS is miles behind in terms of productivity. Yes, they have milions of apps but the phone is still a high-tech toy or a freaking good mini computer if you want. But it is certainly not a good comunication device
    11-27-15 03:40 AM
    Why not open source bb10.

p.s. Own a Lumia 830, too.

Posted via the Ferrari of smartphones the LG FLEX 2
    11-27-15 05:14 AM
137 ... 23456