If I never received another update on my Classic, I'd be perfectly fine. Anyone else agree? I'm tired of seeing people complain about BB10, but I don't see any issue with the OS being behind. I only need my phone to email and to create spreadsheets and word documents. As long as my browser runs like it does, I don't feel the need to download a bunch of apps, I just use to mobile Web versions to save space.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    11-24-15 01:51 AM
    So if next week their is a major security flaw discovered, you are OK if it never gets patched?
    11-24-15 01:54 AM
    Long live BB10 Os!!

  
    11-24-15 01:56 AM
    So if next week their is a major security flaw discovered, you are OK if it never gets patched?
    Well, in that case, obviously I'd like the problem to be fixed, but we're not there yet, so I'm not worried about it.

Bonnie Bonzai and Jay Wright2 like this.
    11-24-15 01:56 AM
    Well, in that case, obviously I'd like the problem to be fixed, but we're not there yet, so I'm not worried about it.

Hey you gotta do what you think is right but me, I try to play with my head up.
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    11-24-15 02:01 AM
    Hey you gotta do what you think is right but me, I try to play with my head up.
    You're very much correct, you can never be too prepared. However, you have to worry about a major security flaw with any OS, not just BlackBerry.

extisis likes this.
    11-24-15 02:10 AM
    You're very much correct, you can never be too prepared. However, you have to worry about a major security flaw with any OS, not just BlackBerry.

That is not the point though. The point is that a patch can address the issue.
    11-24-15 02:16 AM
    Since we are going to nitpick, he said updates, not patches.
    11-24-15 04:52 AM
    I think that the bb10 os is fantastic and has been since 10.2.1.

I will be fine if there is no updates. No need to fix what ain't broke.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:22 AM
    If I never received another update on my Classic, I'd be perfectly fine. Anyone else agree? I'm tired of seeing people complain about BB10, but I don't see any issue with the OS being behind. I only need my phone to email and to create spreadsheets and word documents. As long as my browser runs like it does, I don't feel the need to download a bunch of apps, I just use to mobile Web versions to save space.

If you have limited needs, this might work for you. However, you do still rely on the browser and I don't think BB is actively developing that anymore. That could cause problems for you down the road with compatibility on certain websites. Also, web developers probably aren't testing their sites out on BB10s browser. Overall, even if you have limited use for the device, it's still better to have it actively developed, if anything just to keep compatibly with changing standards.
    11-24-15 06:51 AM

If you are OK with an outdated OS that works perfectly fine for your needs, then that's great. Enjoy your device and don't worry about what other people think. People take this stuff way too seriously.
    11-24-15 07:20 AM
    If you are OK with an outdated OS that works perfectly fine for your needs, then that's great. Enjoy your device and don't worry about what other people think. People take this stuff way too seriously.
    The only thing currently "outdated" is related to third party apps, particularly Android apps. That's a big deal for some BlackBerry users, but is not for many others.

I personally find BB10 to be significantly more advanced than Android or iOS for core functionality. It's smoother, more powerful, ND more efficient with fewer actions required for daily business use. I don't miss any significant functionality on my BB10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 08:14 AM
    The only thing currently "outdated" is related to third party apps, particularly Android apps. I personally find BB10 to be significantly more advanced than Android or iOS for core functionality. It's smoother, more powerful, ND more efficient with fewer actions required for daily business use.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but if no more updates occur it will become outdated.
    BigAl_BB9900 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    11-24-15 08:15 AM
    Agreed, but if no more updates occur it will become outdated.
    True, but the current plan is to continue at least one more update as well as security patches. We're not there yet, but it's a valid concern, of course.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 08:17 AM
    If you have limited needs, this might work for you. However, you do still rely on the browser and I don't think BB is actively developing that anymore. That could cause problems for you down the road with compatibility on certain websites. Also, web developers probably aren't testing their sites out on BB10s browser. Overall, even if you have limited use for the device, it's still better to have it actively developed, if anything just to keep compatibly with changing standards.
    The browser is already causing me issues on certain websites, which is a crying shame. Im being forced into a different phone. Sad thing is, a lot of the bs happened when Priv was released. I'm going to try an os wipe but I don't think that's going to fix the issue.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    tl000 likes this.
    11-24-15 08:25 AM
    And thus we are told that security patches and minor fixes may come about early next year sometime. I agree with the OP. BB10 is a polished OS and right now needs no big changes IMHO. It is running beautifully on my Passport and spare z10. Maintenance mode is OK by me, at least for now.
    mister2d and damien kupuku like this.
    11-24-15 08:30 AM
    True, but the current plan is to continue at least one more update as well as security patches. We're not there yet, but it's a valid concern, of course.

Posted via CB10
    Still in all, I understand your stance. We sometimes think we need the latest and greatest or every minor update to keep pace. In reality this is not always true.
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-24-15 08:39 AM
    I agree in certain respects, but things change quickly in technology. When something truly significant happens that leaves BB10 feeling like a Model T, what then?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-24-15 09:42 AM
    Since we are going to nitpick, he said updates, not patches.
    A patch is a specific type of update and I wasn't nitpicking. Not sure what you are doing. Luckily BB10 has two more "updates" coming.
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    11-24-15 10:01 AM
    What I'm more concerned about is the support of the essential apps(for me it's fb and twitter). If there's none there's no way to use BlackBerry for me. The OS itself is rather stable.
    11-24-15 10:15 AM
    Flat out no, I'm not ok with that.

I didn't buy a phone for the OS and core apps to never be updated with new features. Sure if u don't care about apps whatsoever then BB10 can work for u....but then any phone can accomplish the stuff you said in the OP. It's a fine OS but once I start losing functionality because the OS isn't being supported, I'm gone. I've supported BlackBerry long enough. They haven't even updated their Facebook app in months

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:37 AM
    Flat out no, I'm not ok with that.

I didn't buy a phone for the OS and core apps to never be updated with new features. Sure if u don't care about apps whatsoever then BB10 can work for u....but then any phone can accomplish the stuff you said in the OP. It's a fine OS but once I start losing functionality because the OS isn't being supported, I'm gone. I've supported BlackBerry long enough. They haven't even updated their Facebook app in months

Posted via CB10
    Realistically, you should probably start thinking about your next mobile platform now. It's just not realistic that BlackBerry is going to update FB, Twitter, etc. I think that they would be talking about that if they were going to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj and Rello like this.
    11-24-15 12:35 PM
    I would like to see BB10 continuously developed. I cant see how you could be happy locked in time when new technologies become available daily. I would love to see better in car infotainment system integration, Improved file management and organization, more powerful search (image search, sound search), facial recognition, Blend improvements (ala windows 10 dock system). Eventually BB10 will become as capable as a wrist watch like all the other technologies left behind.
    Blackberry has a platform that could easily lead the pack yet they decided to go with the fat kid with acne just to downgrade themselves to a vendor for Google. I don't understand how anyone who ever liked Blackberry products could embrace this idea and support this move.
    11-24-15 03:14 PM
    I would like to see BB10 continuously developed. I cant see how you could be happy locked in time when new technologies become available daily. I would love to see better in car infotainment system integration, Improved file management and organization, more powerful search (image search, sound search), facial recognition, Blend improvements (ala windows 10 dock system). Eventually BB10 will become as capable as a wrist watch like all the other technologies left behind.
    Blackberry has a platform that could easily lead the pack yet they decided to go with the fat kid with acne just to downgrade themselves to a vendor for Google. I don't understand how anyone who ever liked Blackberry products could embrace this idea and support this move.
    The move is related to the amount of support. No business pours the money you are talking about into a product that doesn't sell and thus will lose money. It makes no sense.
    Witmen and TJ Strozier like this.
    11-24-15 03:33 PM
    Still in all, I understand your stance. We sometimes think we need the latest and greatest or every minor update to keep pace. In reality this is not always true.
    There are still people on iOS7, 8, heck, 6... and they're not missing much... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-24-15 05:14 PM
137 123 ...