I love bb10, don't get me wrong. And I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But does anybody else think that BB10 resembles windows phones OS? For example, the uniformly sized square shaped apps
    05-04-12 08:36 AM
    A quick search results in this:
    BB10 looks like Metro

Yours, mine and others mileage may vary.
    05-04-12 08:41 AM
    I suppose it does. Just as much as Android and Apple look alike.
    jordandrews90 and meltbox360 like this.
    05-04-12 08:50 AM
    Metro tiles are not apps, they are information feeds from the apps and app launchers. What BB10 showed was actual apps running in a smaller tile-like sizes to still provide info like tiles, but just expand them to get more info then shrink em back. I can see where some people would say it is the same, but the BB10 implementation seems to be much more robust.
    aminrajabi, meltbox360 and Bilaal like this.
    05-04-12 09:20 AM
    I suppose it does. Just as much as Android and Apple look alike.
    Steve just rolled over
    05-04-12 09:52 AM
    So now Microsoft owns the concept of rectangular application windows? Maybe applications should start becoming circular so that they look less like Microsoft's applications.

I mean come on this is ridiculous. No one compares how an open application looks on linux to windows to mac so why should we on mobile platforms? The best will be the most used.

Certain more specific features however can be compared but something that looks the same because its rectangular? Now if we were talking about the iPhone pulling in the dropdown notification menu from android. That is blatant stealing of concepts except it seems that they didn't manage to do it quite as well as android... or so is my personal impression.

Disclaimer:
    I dislike Apple, like windows phone, like blackberry, like/hate android depending on what my phone decides to do to me that specific day.

EDIT: Nothing here is aimed at anyone in particular. This is directed towards people who say certain things are "stolen". My response is yes but we seem to have a double standard with mobile devices and desktops. Desktop operating systems have many similarities but no one shouts about them stealing from each other. I mean then everyone would think Apple just stole from linux :P

Poor open source guys, they do all that work and so many people don't even care.
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 05-04-12 at 10:47 AM.
    05-04-12 10:43 AM
    I really didn't see enough of BB10 to make THAT conclusion.
    05-04-12 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD