Hey guys, I am just wondering what you guys think of the grey app bar, with Phone, Search and Camera that we've seen on the preview pictures, see here if you do not know what I am referring to http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...t-look-723712/

I really like the nice app bar on the Playbook, even iOS, it's clean and nice, and I love customizing it with my favourite apps. This one, to me, seems kind of ugly and, again this is myself speaking, search and camera are not my go to apps.

I would love to be able to customize that app bar with different apps, maybe different colours, transparency, etc. Does any one know if this is (I know it's not 100% final) similar to the final design, and if it will be customizable?
    05-17-12 10:37 PM
    its an alpha build. There will be lots of changes before it releases.
    James Nieves likes this.
    05-18-12 12:32 AM
    I agree with everything you said.
    05-18-12 07:34 AM
    I like it so far.

Search is universal search. I use universal search as much as I can on my 9810

You can type anything in universal search...an address, phone number, song name, app name, word definition, anything

It will be really handy to have quick access to the camera
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-18-12 at 07:57 AM.
    05-18-12 07:55 AM
    It will look so much different...
    05-18-12 08:59 AM
    I wouldn't expect the initial release to be customizable at all, or at least not cosmetically. Maybe you'll have a choice of which app to link in place of the camera or search, for example, but not be able to change the colour etc.

I think they're deferring most forms of "theming" until after the initial release, so they can focus on the core functionality and standard appearance, and leave most customization features until later, probably next year.
    05-18-12 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD