Aside from asking a party to convert a Pages, Numbers or Keynote document into Windows and resending - OR - aside from opening up one of the Mac OS or IOS 8 documents on a Mac desktop first, is there an app available that readily converts non-Windows documents on-the-fly so that Docs To Go can open them?
    07-20-15 09:11 AM
    Aside from asking a party to convert a Pages, Numbers or Keynote document into Windows and resending - OR - aside from opening up one of the Mac OS or IOS 8 documents on a Mac desktop first, is there an app available that readily converts non-Windows documents on-the-fly so that Docs To Go can open them?
    I'm not sure why someone would send a .pages document to someone when you can save the document to .doc in Pages. I use Pages and share my documents with Word to Go all the time, but I save to .doc. I do not know of any other solution.
    07-20-15 12:16 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

Here's my take on the subject:

Folks who use Macs exclusively really don't pause to ponder whether or not the recipient can read the OS X version of the documents they create, especially when they're sent as attachments in emails. And, the same is true for Windows users who don't stop to think if there's anything other than Windows AND Office on every PC. Many users of older Windows and Office versions still cannot open up current versions of Office documents unless they have the latest suite installed. The one difference between these two operating systems is that most Macs can readily open up Word, Excel and Powerpoint files on-the-fly and convert with no problem other than a loss of some formatting or a substitution of fonts.

Although I am new to Blackberry and the 10.3 OS, and although I like many of the features and benefits of the Z30, there are some features - not necessarily nice-to-haves - that I feel were overlooked in the OS.

Oh well.... c'est la vie.
    07-20-15 06:41 PM
    As a Mac owner, never to upgrade to another mind you, when I plan on sending any document from the Apple versions of Office, I always save as a doc or xls file. I've never once assumed someone else has a mac to open it.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    07-20-15 07:00 PM
    Sent from my Z30
    07-21-15 07:16 AM
    As a Mac owner, never to upgrade to another mind you, when I plan on sending any document from the Apple versions of Office, I always save as a doc or xls file. I've never once assumed someone else has a mac to open it.

Posted via CB10
    I do the same.
    07-21-15 10:29 AM