People would still bring a personal device to work though. Not sure how having corporate BlackBerry 10 phones would solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    That's the secret part, can't give away the whole farm can i?
    11-05-17 04:16 PM
    That's the secret part, can't give away the whole farm can i?
    Ooh, ooh tell us!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 04:41 PM
    In a way, BB10 because of its underlying QNX Kernel is designed to be extensible... add to it through its development tools. What you need is for BB to sign those devices you are using with the secret sauce, so the snag is getting the BB10 'with the BB' magic hardware touch to the hardware to make it all snug in its bed.......do I hear kernels popping? ...are those android and apple mind kernels exploding?
    You do realize all kernels have been extensible for like 30+ years now, right?
    DrBoomBotz and rayporsche like this.
    11-05-17 06:12 PM
    Here is, in a nutshell, why BlackBerry will never resurrect BB10. BB10 is not making BlackBerry any money. At one time, BB10 was the superior OS. But it failed commercially and currently is generating $0 in revenue streams. Now BlackBerry is developing their own version of Android. Androids revenue stream is based almost entirely on advertising and data mining. So BlackBerry is probably making 10x off that alone what they could ever make on BlackBerry. BlackBerry has no commercial incentive whatsoever to invest anything in BB10. If I was a hunter but my territory was all gamed out and someone offered to put food on my table every day, what reason would I have to go out hunting again? I wouldn't. BlackBerry doesn't give a crap how good your ideas to bring BB10 back are. They have a guaranteed revenue stream literally embedded in the OS they are now backing with all their resources. They're not going to allocate resources to rebuilding a commercially dead OS when they're sitting on a cash cow. Until you poor fools realize this, you're going to keep wasting brain power (and for some of you, there is precious little to waste) coming up with useless ideas of how to bring BB10 back. The only people left aside from us few are enterprise users who have contracts. When those contracts are up, BB10 will be phased out for good and all support will be dropped. Those of you who bought multiple devices in order to have replacements will certainly have replacements....of paperweights.
    11-06-17 12:54 AM
    Here is, in a nutshell, why BlackBerry will never resurrect BB10. BB10 is not making BlackBerry any money. At one time, BB10 was the superior OS. But it failed commercially and currently is generating $0 in revenue streams. Now BlackBerry is developing their own version of Android. Androids revenue stream is based almost entirely on advertising and data mining. So BlackBerry is probably making 10x off that alone what they could ever make on BlackBerry. BlackBerry has no commercial incentive whatsoever to invest anything in BB10. If I was a hunter but my territory was all gamed out and someone offered to put food on my table every day, what reason would I have to go out hunting again? I wouldn't. BlackBerry doesn't give a crap how good your ideas to bring BB10 back are. They have a guaranteed revenue stream literally embedded in the OS they are now backing with all their resources. They're not going to allocate resources to rebuilding a commercially dead OS when they're sitting on a cash cow. Until you poor fools realize this, you're going to keep wasting brain power (and for some of you, there is precious little to waste) coming up with useless ideas of how to bring BB10 back. The only people left aside from us few are enterprise users who have contracts. When those contracts are up, BB10 will be phased out for good and all support will be dropped. Those of you who bought multiple devices in order to have replacements will certainly have replacements....of paperweights.
    BlackBerry is datamining for profit on the new phones or Google is?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 07:57 AM
    Man! Now he's talking Star Trek 2009 ...with Nero and his Mining ship from the future threatening the Federations very existence...(okay so Google is Romulus) (oops a SuperNova took out Romulus though).....but Spock, yes Spock saves the day again for the Federation. Damn you Spock!
    Qorax likes this.
    11-07-17 04:43 PM
    Here is, in a nutshell, why BlackBerry will never resurrect BB10. .......

Until you poor fools realize this, you're going to keep wasting brain power (and for some of you, there is precious little to waste) coming up with useless ideas of how to bring BB10 back..
    Good point....reason#56 people with few Brain Cells want it.........or as we like to say: People with few Cell-Brains (.. uhh like only two: .. ios,android)...
    (ILIC)
    11-07-17 08:08 PM
    Here is, in a nutshell, why BlackBerry will never resurrect BB10.....

Androids revenue stream is based almost entirely on advertising and data mining. So BlackBerry is probably making 10x off that alone what they could ever make on BlackBerry. BlackBerry has no commercial incentive whatsoever to invest anything in BB10.
    True I can get 'Free housing' living in a sleeping bag over a subway grate...but privacy? Security?...and still I gotta pay some guy just for the spot....and every so often I got to move along...forced to by security or re-development...though there are those street cameras watching my every move....oh and Friday nights....not so hot.
    Then again I can pay a builder to build me a modular system, that I can lock and rest assured...sure it costs a little more even in annual upkeep, and yeah not as much as an iCastle. Sleep Tight.
    11-07-17 08:56 PM
    True I can get 'Free housing' living in a sleeping bag over a subway grate...but privacy? Security?...and still I gotta pay some guy just for the spot....and every so often I got to move along...forced to by security or re-development...though there are those street cameras watching my every move....oh and Friday nights....not so hot.
    Then again I can pay a builder to build me a modular system, that I can lock and rest assured...sure it costs a little more even in annual upkeep, and yeah not as much as an iCastle. Sleep Tight.
    I'll have two double shots of what they're having.....
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-07-17 09:41 PM
    You can pay a builder, but only IF THEY WANT TO BUILD IT. That's the point you're missing here. BlackBerry DOESNT WANT TO BUILD WHAT YOU WANT. They're not even coming back for the annual upkeep. Not even to mow the grass or trim the rose bushes. That's what you're all not getting. BlackBerry doesn't give a ****e about BB10! It doesn't matter how much you want them to!!!!!!!
    11-08-17 09:43 AM
    If someone else had the blueprints, sure have at it. But they don't.
    11-08-17 09:44 AM
    Can't decide what I'm having....a blast....or a pint of "none-of-it", don't know what the sparing partner is drinking.

Don't Worry Be Happy.....that has always been the deterrent....
    Linux (and Android ) Security Bugs.... while bb10 is on vacation somewhere, maybe with Quadriphonix..
    Don't worry about those 40 Linux USB security holes. That's not a typo • The Register

Sorry Bobby Darrin McFerrin your video was a bit 80's ish.
    Quadriphonix -
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-08-17 at 01:10 PM.
    11-08-17 12:54 PM
    I'm Sure BB has hardened Android somewhat...so sure take the shuttle and not the Enterprise (because its not newly available) , and get a BB droid...but still 40!
    11-08-17 01:06 PM
    Now how do you feel about handing your smartphones over to customs or British Nanny state, or even other malicious players, while they take it to the back room and "take a look at it".
    11-08-17 01:16 PM
    Ugh. I currently own a Q10. But it does not fulfill my wants and needs as far as functionality is concerned. I also do not want an android device, and since the only other option is iphone, that's where I'm headed soon. the unfortunate reality is that BB10 functionality will continue to deteriorate. Security is great, but if I have to choose security or functionality, I'm going to choose functionality. BlackBerry really doesn't care about BB10 and if they did they would make it functional. In a competing market, if your product doesn't function as well as your competitors, people who want more functionality will go to your competitors. That's exactly how business works. You can criticize everyone who has accepted that reality all you like, but you're the one living in a bubble. And if you want to continue to do so, that's your right.
    11-08-17 01:26 PM
    I've used all 3 iphone/android, and bb10...and honestly BB10 is the best for usability...most of the needs are satisfied by the pre-installed stuff. I really do not know what "apps" are essential for other users that would detrimentally affect the majority of their waking hours if they didn't have it on the phone. grant it it would be nice to have all possible worlds and I can conceed there may be stuff not available to the bb10 ecosphere that might be essential to your specific needs...I don't think the blame lies with BB on that though, look to the developers of those apps and how much data they wanted to grope from your person (but that is mostly history at this point). iTunes for everything I do? and the flow of iphones? No Thanks. But you see it differently and if you prefer those trade-offs then you are free to make a choice of OS's (for the time being at least). Enjoy.
    rayporsche and Qorax like this.
    11-08-17 01:48 PM
    In a nutshell...........................
    Last edited by rayporsche; 11-09-17 at 07:03 AM.
    11-08-17 02:54 PM
    At some point, a closed, proprietary ecosystem looks pretty good when there's so much more going on inside than outside. "I'm glad I'm not limited to just using those approved iOS or Google Play apps!"
    11-08-17 03:03 PM
    Hacks of run of the mill Android (previous post)....and at least visibly ...Cracks of Iphone X ....step right up...
    https://fossbytes.com/iphone-x-drop-...akable-iphone/
    11-08-17 03:21 PM
    BB10 , the best Os can not die. No no no!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-08-17 05:58 PM
    The decision to transition away from BB10 and phone manufacturing was made by the board of BlackBerry before they even brought Chen on as CEO. Chen was tasked with managing that transition, and he has done so quite fantastically.

BB10 will fade away into history along with Palm/webOS, Windows Mobile, and others.

Asking, petitioning, or begging BlackBerry to invest one more Canadian penny in BB10 is futile. BlackBerry (the Canadian company) is not a phone company, it is a software and services company. And they can only stay in business by providing software and services their customers want. Nobody (statistically speaking) wants BB10, so they moved on. It's not personal, it's business.

If you still enjoy and prefer them, then by all means please continue to use BB10 devices. Nobody is stopping you. Use what you want and be happy. Barring a miraculous turn of events, such as a third party company with mountains of cash to burn and no interest in making a profit licensing BB10 from BlackBerry and producing new devices, BB10 is - for all intents and purposes - a dead platform. It's important to understand and accept this.
    How about making the end users (US) pay for the licensing of the continued development of BB10, kind of like users of MS office pay for the licensing on a monthly or yearly basis??? Also, paying a premium for the phones as well, as they ARE premium devices. This way, they may be able to generate several hundred million dollars a year, and keep it going, or at least self sustaining.

Make most apps in the app store pay apps, a lot of them are already, i know. This is the only way BB10 can survive. I would be willing to pay a licensing subscription to use BB10 and pay a premium for the phones, as long as they were willing to keep it going, and we had our most important apps, say fb, whatsapp, telegram, signal, etc.... Then I am all in!!!

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Fernando Martin; 11-08-17 at 07:51 PM.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-08-17 07:33 PM
    How about making the end users (US) pay for the licensing of the continued development of BB10, kind of like users of MS office pay for the licensing on a monthly or yearly basis??? Also, paying a premium for the phones as well, as they ARE premium devices. This way, they may be able to generate several hundred million dollars a year, and keep it going, or at least self sustaining.

Make most apps in the app store pay apps, a lot of them are already, i know. This is the only way BB10 can survive. I would be willing to pay a licensing subscription to use BB10 and pay a premium for the phones, as long as they were willing to keep it going, and we had our most important apps, say fb, whatsapp, telegram, signal, etc.... Then I am all in!!!

What do you guys think?
    Problem is not enough people bought BB10 phones to begin with, most of the BBOS crowd went iPhone or Android. BB10 was a failure from the start. There is not and never will be enough of a demand for it to support further development.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-08-17 09:46 PM

What do you guys think?
    Agreed. BlackBerry has a long history of extended service, licensing contracts, I don't think that pushing their consumer grade OS into more of a fee for service model is out of the question.

To hearken back to the original post. Security and privacy shouldn't be in name only, and asking users to absorb the ridiculous R&D cost absorbed by BlackBerry for a NIAP approved OS is unreasonable.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-17 09:50 PM

What do you guys think?
    It has been calculated that the fee would be between $3000 and $5000 per user, per year. IF you can find 50,000 people willing to pay it.
    11-08-17 10:20 PM
    God bleeping bleep it I swear to bleep some people cannot accept reality. BlackBerry doesn't bleeping give a flying bleep!!!!!! It's not us just automatically shooting down every idea you have for the bleeping sake of being bleepholes! You have to bleeping get BlackBerry to give a rats bleep and they don't!!!!! You're just posting to irritate and now I'm putting you on my God bleep ignore list. Enjoy the bleeping VIP section.
    11-09-17 12:03 AM
716 ... 56789 ...